Cold is a comin'

Yup, our first night of frost on the pumpkin last night. :(

Dutchie, stop calling yourself the 'pumpkin' somebody might get the wrong idea. :eek:

But seriously, looking forward to a new winter of challenges, maybe I will go ice skating and forget my skates :confused: , or pull a Marilyn Monroe at the corner of Portage and Main (One of the most windy city corners in Canada) with my kilt :eek:, or just continue to shovel the sidewalk with barefeet, that always is a good way to get a reaction out of someone o_O.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Hope so, I am sure he is setting it up as we type. ;)

Reactions: Barefoot Gentile
Winter cannot get here soon enough in the Pac NW. So incredibly sick of the warm hot muggy weather. Today is going to be another hot one with a high of 92. Can't wait for 30-40 F weather with rain. Nice and cool and no overheating issues during runs. You can always add more clothing but there's only so much legally you can take off out in public... If I wasn't so ashamed of my fat belly I would love to run nekkid during the summers.

Reactions: Bare Lee
go jump in your lovely pool. ;) and you say i whine a lot. i love the warm weather. it's easier to cool off than to keep warm in winter.

neighbors had sex in the pool, not gettin anywhere near that thing... It is no where easier to cool off. I don't think you can run in a bubble that has a/c. That would be pretty sweet though if any of ya'all smart folks want to invent something like that for me. Warming up though, put on extra clothing and move faster than a maf pace and your golden. ;)

neighbors had sex in the pool, not gettin anywhere near that thing... It is no where easier to cool off. I don't think you can run in a bubble that has a/c. That would be pretty sweet though if any of ya'all smart folks want to invent something like that for me. Warming up though, put on extra clothing and move faster than a maf pace and your golden. ;)

Ewwwwww. Lol!

i know your pool is nice like that.

in cold weather you have to work to stay warm. run out of wood or electricity and you're screwed. in hot weather you can just lay there. night comes and will cool down. hence, it's easier to cool off then to keep warm.

but here's the problem Mike, for people like me who feel sick and dizzy and in general just like crap when it's warm and hot, nighttime does not bring relief, as it typically does not cool down enough, especially in our condo for me to feel better. Summers are miserable for me, I can't escape the heat. It sucks. For people like you who handle the heat well it must be nice, but for me it sucks. I personally do much better in cool and cold weather. My whole body feels better in the cool weather.

i know your pool is nice like that.

in cold weather you have to work to stay warm. run out of wood or electricity and you're screwed. in hot weather you can just lay there. night comes and will cool down. hence, it's easier to cool off then to keep warm.
I see your point but I actually always thought the opposite. You can always add warmer clothing but you can only take off so much...

Reactions: Lomad and NickW
i'm thinking in a bit of extremes. power outage, lost in mountains, desert, wherever. at home you can drink water with lime and shower to cool off. to warm up takes a bit of work. i lived in a place with poor insulation and crappy windows. i was in a blanket with sweaters on and the heat blasting just watching ice orm on the window. late at night no way am i going to exercise just to be warm. places like that are horrible in the winter.

nick, your place is upstairs and exposed so i'm sure it gets hot. i don't know if you know but i learned from living in the desert to open your windows at night and close them during the day. keep the blinds closed too because sunlight will heat the room. try drinking water with lime and honey when you're getting too hot. you've only got about a week left of warm weather left, you should make it.

i guess being skinney helps in warmer climates.;) yes, i know i'm not so skinny anymore.

i'm thinking in a bit of extremes. power outage, lost in mountains, desert, wherever. at home you can drink water with lime and shower to cool off. to warm up takes a bit of work. i lived in a place with poor insulation and crappy windows.
Yeah I was thinking of more normal daily conditions. But even in extreme conditions like say your power outage scenario the summer is just as deadly as winter. We had a multiday outage here this summer and many people died. I have an old drafty and poorly insulated house too. No AC, and we heat in the winter primarily with wood (and one of our two stoves doesnt need electric to heat effectively). On a cold day if its windy we can struggle to heat the place. Its pretty normal in the dead of winter for our house to stay in the upper 50's.

Yeah I was thinking of more normal daily conditions. But even in extreme conditions like say your power outage scenario the summer is just as deadly as winter. We had a multiday outage here this summer and many people died. I have an old drafty and poorly insulated house too. No AC, and we heat in the winter primarily with wood (and one of our two stoves doesnt need electric to heat effectively). On a cold day if its windy we can struggle to heat the place. Its pretty normal in the dead of winter for our house to stay in the upper 50's.
The thing Mike forgets to mention Tristan, we don't really have extremes here... Half inch of snow for 2-3 days a year is all. Never gets below 30F.

Do you charge by the hour or is it a neighborhood timeshare sort of thing?
Unfortunately it's a condo complex and a lot of the owners have rented out their units to renters who don't care about the place nor the rules (pool area is closed and locked at 10pm). They break into the pool in the middle of the night (usually around 2am after bars closed, and throw all the lawn chairs into the pool and/or have sex and break the cover for the hot tub.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts