Cold is a comin'

I do enjoy my cold runs but I do not push it to far, because my feet are quite valuable and I have grown quite attached to them.

should someone break it to him that he is actually attached to his feet???? :p

**TRAIL GUY***
I have hiked with Tfox and never noticed a tail. So then I thought he meant "tall guy", but then thought why wouldn't he allow shorter people to run in his sandals. So then I came to the conclusion that he meant "Trail".:)

Hey, some people still believe we have horns if we are in Utah and belong to a certain religion. So a tail might as well go with the horns.

Reactions: Tfox and Bare Lee
Joseph, Mike is our resident whiner when it comes to being cold. I'll still be in short sleeve shirt and shorts when he has three layers of shirts plus a jacket plus the long thicker tights on. It gets into the low thirties and very occasionally down into the 20's. We usually only see snow (1/2"-1") 2-3 times a year, and even that is only for half a day or so typically. We see ice/black ice much more frequently than we see snow.

when your layer of blubber is not that big, you layer your clothes and whine about how cold it is.

Jen, those are too expensive to run in without footwear to protect them from ripping and tearing...

I wore them on the pavement most of last winter and didn't have any signs of wear and tear, I was doing about 10 miles a week then. Haven't really tried them on the trails yet...

I played trumpet and treble clef baritone way back in middle school. Does that count?

What was this thread about again?

Lol. Yes, it counts. It seems you have been well trained in how to properly hijack a thread! :D

Reactions: Zetti and Bare Lee
Joseph, Mike is our resident whiner when it comes to being cold. I'll still be in short sleeve shirt and shorts when he has three layers of shirts plus a jacket plus the long thicker tights on. It gets into the low thirties and very occasionally down into the 20's. We usually only see snow (1/2"-1") 2-3 times a year, and even that is only for half a day or so typically. We see ice/black ice much more frequently than we see snow.

Thanks for the climatic synopsis, Nick. Maybe Mike will have manned up some this year. Or maybe Jen will lend him one of her horny hats. They look very warm and comfy. They might get you shot at on a trail run, though.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Oh yes, the cold. Just had our first frost this morning. The garden is not happy.
Yeeks.
I was late planting our garden this year... our tomatoes and peppers are just starting to ripen now! Nothing below 40 in our 10-day forecast yet though. I planned on doing a lot of salsa and sauces but I'm running out of time - and the next 3 weeks are heck at work for me.

Yeeks.
I was late planting our garden this year... our tomatoes and peppers are just starting to ripen now! Nothing below 40 in our 10-day forecast yet though. I planned on doing a lot of salsa and sauces but I'm running out of time - and the next 3 weeks are heck at work for me.

I'm getting good at this thread hijacking.

Tristan, I know what you mean. Why does everything in the garden have to mature all at once, regardless of when you plant? Always during the busiest time of year.

Why am I on here (addicted). I can no longer give my wife grief about her facebook. I've got to get to work. There's a Hood to Coast race fee I need to pay.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7