What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Wow I dont think I have ever had an IPA for a buck! You must have some good prices. Yeah the Torpedo is a good deal compared to the micro brews and stuff around here but still I think the last time I got it was $9/6.

I for one think the 'Pub' section is aptly named. ;) Question is should we bump it from the bottom of the forums to the top? :D
Nah - save the best for last!

Well just as with everything we arent going to all have the exact same tastes. But I've been on an IPA kick all summer and the Torpedo is still top of my list. But still a lot I havent tried yet. I actually put together a build your own 6 pack a couple weeks ago, actually 2 six packs, of almost all IPA's I hadnt tried yet.

We can do that at Acme. It is a great way not to be stuck with 5 extra bottles of something nasty. Some are as much as $3.50 a bottle, but it is a good way to try the those, too.

Wow I dont think I have ever had an IPA for a buck! You must have some good prices. Yeah the Torpedo is a good deal compared to the micro brews and stuff around here but still I think the last time I got it was $9/6.

I for one think the 'Pub' section is aptly named. ;) Question is should we bump it from the bottom of the forums to the top? :D
We have a big retail store that sells a lot of 12-packs in the $9.99 to $12.99 range. Summit used to be the best value, but Sierra Nevada is giving them a run for their money. Red Hook is another brand. Funny thing is when Summit started getting bigger (I think it was the first micro brew in the Twin Cities, and was located just a few miles from where I live), they moved to a bigger brewery that also made Pig's Eye, which is kind of like Special Ex (Pig's Eye was the original name for St. Paul, named after the owner of the first public building down on the Mississippi River, a tavern and trading post I think. The owner lost one eye in a knife fight if I recall the story correctly, hence his name). I read 10 or 15 years ago that it only cost 25 cents more to make a case of Summit, yet it cost something like three times more than the Pig's Eye to buy. Ah, the power of marketing and distributors' cartels.

Looking forward to a Iceberg, straight from Newfoundland. Beer brewed with water from a Iceberg. Very nice and refreshing beer.beer.JPG

Reactions: NickW
That was my beer of choice when I was on the "rock" last spring.

Yup, it is good to have some Newfie relatives., Lord Tundering Jesus......

Reactions: Bare Lee
I had a Tumbler, a Torpedo, a Founder's Red's Rye P.A., and a Bud Light while enjoying both the Tigers and Lions wins, plus Felix's record breaking jump.
Cycled hard for an hour and a half to make up for it, have'nt run since Friday.

Reactions: NickW
Still working my way through a case of Full Sail IPA and Shock top nonsense. I also found out Shocktop is made by Annhauser so that again knocked it down a couple of spots. I'm not sure why I keep trying "craft" beers from the big brewers. Might as well stick with a PBR.

Don't get me wrong guys the torpedo was good it was just a bit musty or piney for my taste. Plus I was going back and forth between the Stone IPA and the Torpedo so it wasn't really fair. However for the price, I agree it is a really good IPA and I would recommend it.

Thinking about making another trip to costco to get another case to mix it up with. 24 of any beer in a row, it better be a good one.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Dark Horse Crooked Tree IPA (Marshall Michigan)

Hops and Robbers IPA, good and smooth going down with a strong hoppy bite that makes you stand up and take notice.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I love the SN Torpedo, but find it a touch too strong. Can't wait for the new batch of Celebration to come out.

Did Red Hook get mentioned? They have a pretty good IPA, Long hammer I believe.

I'm finishing off some Boulevard wheat beer. Nasty stuff, but I'm not going to let it go to waste.

Never, never let beer go to waste. That is like alcohol abuse.......:eek:

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7