What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

I like hdr photo's, surprised this software can handle it... It can't handle just my Iph photos... I always have to crop and resize way small, so when taking a pic that I know I am uploading on here I intentionally have to make sure I am zoomed out so I can crop and still fit what I was really taking a pic of.

Well the final file is no different than any other picture (just a higher dynamic range, of course) and yeah I crop and or resize them (the originals are 18MP) before I upload them to photobucket. That pic isnt anything spectacular lol but it was fun to practice the technique. For those that dont know what it is, I took 3 pictures, one with the sky properly exposed (but the foreground nearly black), one with the grass/field properly exposed, and one with the bottle and glass exposed (and the sky just blown out white). Blended the three together to get all three elements properly exposed. Even though its massive manipulation, the result is actually closer to what our eyes see than what the camera can take in one shot. Can't wait to shoot some other things to try it with.

For example, here are the main two I combined. The issue is the evening sun, even in the clouds, is bright enough to cause the camera not to be able to properly expose the whole picture if I'm pointing the lens at the sky at all.

IMG_4394_240.jpg
+
IMG_4398_240.jpg
=
SN_autumbrownHDR_240.jpg

You can see that to get the sky you had to sacrifice the foreground, and vice versa, in the originals.

But combine the two, and voilà!

Tristan - that's a fine looking beer. Does Sierra Nevada even make a bad beer? I've enjoyed every style that I have tried. From the look of the corn field, you will be logging cold runs into the winter challenge soon.

I've just tried 4 of their beers (pale ale, torpedo, summerfest, tumbler), but decided I'm going to try to go through their lineup. But around here they usually only have a couple kinds so it might take some time to find them all (and of course waiting until the seasonal ones are in season).

Yeah this week was our first frost. This AM was our second frost and I had to scrape the windshield for the first time taking my son to school. But I've been running in the afternoons so no cold runs yet for me. Well except last night when I turned around and was running into the wind all the way back - mid/upper 40's is still pretty chilly especially after some sweat'n. I got a bit of a sore throught today too hope I'm not catching something grrr.

I've just tried 4 of their beers (pale ale, torpedo, summerfest, tumbler), but decided I'm going to try to go through their lineup. But around here they usually only have a couple kinds so it might take some time to find them all (and of course waiting until the seasonal ones are in season).

Be sure to try their Kellerweis. One of my favorites. The closest American wheat beer to a Bavarian Weis that I have found.
Nice work on the photos. You've got a skill there. If you had all the time in the world, I'd send you my race report and have you organize it. Man, I'm a computer newb.

Reactions: dutchie53
Tristan - that's a fine looking beer. Does Sierra Nevada even make a bad beer? I've enjoyed every style that I have tried. From the look of the corn field, you will be logging cold runs into the winter challenge soon.

I think "Sierra Nevada" is Spanish for "No bad beer, ever". Also, if you're ever looking for a pairing, SN Pale Ale goes quite nicely with chocolate-chip cookies.

Reactions: NickW
I think "Sierra Nevada" is Spanish for "No bad beer, ever". Also, if you're ever looking for a pairing, SN Pale Ale goes quite nicely with chocolate-chip cookies.

And "Deschutes" is Chinookan for "No bad beer ever". Both SN and Deschutes are at the top of my list. If, (maybe I should research) Deschutes made a wheat beer, they might get the edge.

Modelo for me last night. Had to go lighter after those Stone IPA's. Went well with my daughter's Reese's Pieces cookies.

Today seemed like an Autumn Brown day, so Sierra Nevada Tumbler it was.
Tried some of that on your recommendation, especially since I like the SN IPA Torpedo so much. I'm not usually much of a brown ale fan, but this was just right. I think Sierra Nevada is becoming my favorite beer company too. Sorry Summit, I'd like to support a Minnesota brewery, but unless your prices are lower than SN, I'm going with them.

Been experimenting a bit, went through a case of Sierra Nevada IPA, Full Sail IPA and a Shocktop wheat IPA. They were ok, the shock top one kind of blows, or maybe I don't really like wheat beer.

And I discovered again that Stone IPA is the best. Not sure why I doubted?

Probably only a few weeks before Celebration hits the shelves.

Tried some of that on your recommendation, especially since I like the SN IPA Torpedo so much.

No problem B.L... but just realize I didnt really recommend it, just chiming in with what I drank. I have to admit being a beer newby for the most part, I tend to only give out a recommendation if I really like it. And a lot of what I have got was based on earlier posts here anyhow. I've only been into craft beers and such for about a year. But at least I skipped right to the good stuff!

Torpedo the other ones aren't available.
Well just as with everything we arent going to all have the exact same tastes. But I've been on an IPA kick all summer and the Torpedo is still top of my list. But still a lot I havent tried yet. I actually put together a build your own 6 pack a couple weeks ago, actually 2 six packs, of almost all IPA's I hadnt tried yet.

Yah, and for me, I can't really speak about that many IPAs because I try not to spend much more than a buck a bottle. I was comparing the Torpedo to other IPAs roughly in the same price range. Also, I had the Tumbler again last night before dinner and, while it's still a good brown ale, the fact that brown ales really aren't my thing was reinforced.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Yah, and for me, I can't really speak about that many IPA's because I try not to spend much more than a buck a bottle. I was comparing the Torpedo to other IPAs roughly in the same price range. Also, I had the Tumbler again last night before dinner and while it's still a good brown ale, the fact that brown ales really aren't my thing was reinforced.

Wow I dont think I have ever had an IPA for a buck! You must have some good prices. Yeah the Torpedo is a good deal compared to the micro brews and stuff around here but still I think the last time I got it was $9/6.

Given the activity on this thread, maybe this forum should really be about drinking. All the running stuff could be stuck in the Pub section. ;)
I for one think the 'Pub' section is aptly named. ;) Question is should we bump it from the bottom of the forums to the top? :D

Reactions: clawhammer72

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts