What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Having a Canterbury right now waiting for a flight. A dark ale with a little bite, nice though. Rick, I don't know if the micro's export beer out your way. But if they do, look for Big Rock beers, they in Calgary, have a good selection and most of them are good. I prefer the Grasshopper that they make, a wheat beer. Great Western Brewing out of Saskatoon make Original 16, a canadian pale ale, very nice.

Enjoyed my first few beers from Dogfish Head. Tried a couple of their IPA's (more on those later), and their Raison D'être which was what I had been trying to find for a while (the name has special meaning to me, I mean other than the usual meaning). Not my favorite style of beer but a unique and more drinkable dark Belgian for me so far.

IMG_4134e600.jpg

The setting sun really brightened up this beer!

Here is a zoom in of the label fwiw:
IMG_3983_crop640.jpg

[Edit: added another pic]
Post race was Hoppin' Frog Hop Heathen Imperial Black Ale followed by a 12 hour nap...

I thought a virtual toast was appropriate, for your completion of the NorthCoast24... Cheers!

Which was from the same photo session as the first one. It was actually last sunday, just been a busy week at work and I'm slow to upload photos and get on here.

Having a Canterbury right now waiting for a flight. A dark ale with a little bite, nice though. Rick, I don't know if the micro's export beer out your way. But if they do, look for Big Rock beers, they in Calgary, have a good selection and most of them are good. I prefer the Grasshopper that they make, a wheat beer. Great Western Brewing out of Saskatoon make Original 16, a canadian pale ale, very nice.
Thanks dutchie, I'll make a list for my next trip to Las Vegas. The local liquor store only has Molson and Labatts.

Drinking Hopulent IPA by Epic brewing. They have series in three levels Classic, Elevated, and Exponential.

Don't waste your time on the Classic. Your taste buds will be bored. It's what Frat boys drink when they pretend to drink microbrews.

Hopulent is of the Elevated series and rather good. It makes me want to try the Exponential which better be the three ring circus of beers.

Reactions: NickW and Lomad
Last night was Hopworks Organic IPA in the Pounder (16 oz tall boy can. Gawd, I love beer from a can, and the canned beer renaissance among the micros is ecstasy), then the Sterling Pale Ale from Fire on the Mountain (a local wings place/microbrewery) along with my big ol' basket of hot wings.

Reactions: NickW
Had a few Spaten Oktoberfests yesterday. DEEEEEELICIOUS!!! Oh, then some Sam Adams Oktoberfests too. Friday night was Bells Pumpkin ale. All of them fall on my HIGHLY RECOMMEND list :)

Last night I had an Apocalypse IPA and an Homo Erectus Ale (man I love this beer). My wife and I got to have a date night so I allowed myself some good beer last night.

Reactions: Lomad
Arcadia Ales Sky High Rye. My favorite rye pale ale.
My favorite rye beer is Founders Rye P A, but I'm out of that.
Very hoppy and true to the IPA style, but with that added pepperyness of the rye grain.
Had SA Octoberfest at the lunchbreak on the ride today, mountain bikes on roads, so at 60 degrees w/ dense clouds and a north wind, still barefoot. Not bad for a coppery colored full flavored mild Lager when you still have to cycle home safely.
This is a pretty cool thread, barefoot (almost)real beer buddies!
But wait a minute....are non-cask ales really just the equivilent of minimalist shoes?
I better go pick up a Firkin.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Yeah, and then I'm going to convert it to a Camel Back.
Talk about cross training!

Had SA Octoberfest at the lunchbreak on the ride today, mountain bikes on roads, so at 60 degrees w/ dense clouds and a north wind, still barefoot. Not bad for a coppery colored full flavored mild Lager when you still have to cycle home safely.

Problem is the stuff is almost too drinkable and you can put quite a few back in a sitting.

Costco started selling Stone IPA for $28/case couldn't turn it down. It sets the standard pretty high for IPA. Maybe one day they'll do cases of Arogant bastard.

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7