What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Your own? I can't wait for the day to start home brewing.

You should. After the initial cost, you get quality microbrews for about the per beer cost of Coors Extra Gold. It's easy to add to the equiptment a little at a time and before you know it, you get dueling his and hers kegs in the kitchen.
694a.jpg
Why do these look so much like Daleks?

Reactions: Bare Lee
You should. After the initial cost, you get quality microbrews for about the per beer cost of Coors Extra Gold. It's easy to add to the equiptment a little at a time and before you know it, you get dueling his and hers kegs in the kitchen.
View attachment 828
Why do these look so much like Daleks?

Nice set up Hannah. I had to look up Daleks (I had no clue, still don't). Since there is no need for a her's keg, that means 2 for me.

I tried the Beer Machine for a while. http://www.beermachine.com/files/beermachine-2000.htm I ran out of patience and quit using it. Every batch tasted the same, malty and flat. The beer did have quite a kick to it though.

I'll go for a more expensive set up next time. Any recommendations?

The basic 5 gallon starter kit with bottle capper, carboy, and a beer kit was under $200 from a local brew supply store. The bottles were cheaper if you drink beer with pop tops (not twist offs) and sanitize them. It is also more fun. They did not include the bottles before and charged a little less.

This actually: http://www.thegrape.net/browse.cfm/two-stage-w-everything/4,10426.html

The dueling keg set up was last years Christmas present for Adam. It added about $160 for carbonation unit, splitter, and 2 $40 5gallon kegs. Beer on tap in your kitchen, priceless. :)

Reactions: dutchie53
Thanks for the link Hannah. I'll check it out. Expect more questions in the future.

I hear Talonraid is a homebrew expert, but he is currently MIA.

As for beer of the night, I had a Miller 64 (beer flavored water) last night. Trying to cut back pre-marathon, but if you have to drink twice as many, it doesn't make much sense.

...As for beer of the night, I had a Miller 64 (beer flavored water) last night......

Agreed, but then how do we describe my favorite brew for finishing a run at 8:00 am on a Saturday (Bud Select 55) ?
Maybe "light beer diluted 50/50 w/ water?
It is after all exactly 1/2 the calories of a Bud Light, and just slightly more than half the akyhol.

Sam Adams Octoberfest for me tonight :)

Alway passed it up in favor of hoppier, heavier, or lighter beers, somehow it seemed to fall in between.
Today my wife and I rode bikes for a few hours and ended up at a place that had it as their monthly special....25 oz. for $3.75. Sampled it first, then thoroughly enjoyed the big heavy mugfull.......twice!
PWI and it's only five!

Alway passed it up in favor of hoppier, heavier, or lighter beers, somehow it seemed to fall in between.
Today my wife and I rode bikes for a few hours and ended up at a place that had it as their monthly special....25 oz. for $3.75. Sampled it first, then thoroughly enjoyed the big heavy mugfull.......twice!
PWI and it's only five!
Yep the flavor isn't the strongest. But being 75% German the Octoberfest appeals on imagination and flavoration to me :)

Once colder weather hits I'll be switching to Guinness Draft...mmmmmmm

Sounds interesting, I may look into trying it out in the future. I do have some of the equipment already from other hobbies, got a couple 20# CO2 cylinders and regulators from my big planted aquariums that I had at my last house but I've never set back up after moving. They were beautiful and amazing to me, but just way too much hassle, even with computerized controls and automation. Perfect for my main hobby back when I lived in the city but now I simply have too much to do, like run!

As for beers this week I have been working on a pack of Great Lakes Commodore Perry IPA. Me likes.

i continually recieve emails from this thread even though i uncheck the notice early everyday. does anyone else?

i had some SOB cheque style pilsner the other day that was good.

Nice set up Hannah. I had to look up Daleks (I had no clue, still don't). Since there is no need for a her's keg, that means 2 for me.

I tried the Beer Machine for a while. http://www.beermachine.com/files/beermachine-2000.htm I ran out of patience and quit using it. Every batch tasted the same, malty and flat. The beer did have quite a kick to it though.

I'll go for a more expensive set up next time. Any recommendations?
I just have the right friends. They bought all the equipment and bring all the knowledge. I just join in on the brewing, which basically means carrying stuff from the truck, playing with fire, blowing on the kettle when its about to bubble over, and drinking lots of beer.
This time around, $10 got me five gallons of delicious brew. My friends brew all grain, so the field is wide open in terms of taste. : )

Reactions: rickwhitelaw
Post race refueling yesterday...

IMG_3965_640.jpg

No good size reference there but thats one of the big 22oz bombers. And a special thanks for this one goes out to Hannah. I'd sit down with one of these anytime. :)