What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

i continually recieve emails from this thread even though i uncheck the notice early everyday. does anyone else?

No, but I dont have it set up to ever send me emails except for personal mesages and things like that. Under the drop down on your name at the top of the screen go to Preferences and in the middle under the Options section I have it checked to automatically watch threads but unchecked to receive email notifications of replies. Thats what the alert feature here is for, would be annoying to get that many emails personally.

Hey Tristan-OH, how would you compare this to the Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA? I picked up a six-pack on your rec, but I have to say, I like the Torpedo better. Seems more balanced, with more volume, and a touch sweeter (how's that for a stab at beer vocab?).

Not sure, I like most all IPA's and I'd probably have to compare them side by side to really tell a difference. Its been a couple months I think since I had a Torpedo, but if I had to guess I'd say the Torpedo might still be in the top of my shortlist. But the Commodore Perry I had no complaints with and wouldn't hesitate to get again. Same with the Hoppin Frog. I think it wasn't quite as potent as the Torpedo but perhaps a touch sweeter and very well balanced. But my beer pallete isnt as devoloped, I've only been into craft beers for a year or two and IPA's just earlier this year. So take all that with a grain of salt, YMMV, etc :p

Reactions: Bare Lee
long board pilsner or something after some wine.

anyone email matt? i don't like posting here because then i continuaky get emails.

redbridge sorghum beer... found out Im' allergic to barley... =/ redbridge tastes like watered down bud light... that's been sitting out open for 2 days.
If it's just barley that you're allergic to there are all kinds of very tasty wheat as well as rye beers.
Or is it gluten that's the problem? If so, there's still rice beer.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck on Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA. $11-12 for a 12-pack of some of the best IPA around (The Beer Advocate gave it a 92 out of a 100--nice to have my palate validated by professional drunks). I gulped one down right after my run yesterday, before showering even, which made the requisite post-run hydration later all the more enjoyable. If they want to hop (pun intended) on the trend and employ a barefoot spokesperson, I'm all in.

Reactions: Tristan-OH
Meanwhile, I'm stuck on Sierra Nevada's Torpedo IPA. $11-12 for a 12-pack of some of the best IPA around (The Beer Advocate gave it a 92 out of a 100--

It's also one of the few IPA's that is available in the more economical 12 pack.
My not so cheap corner gas station even stocks it in 6 packs for $7.99, and I still prefer it to the other IPA's he's got ranging from $9.99 and on up.
And whats with the increase in 4-packs?
Last late autumn Costco had 24 packs of SN Celebration, their seasonal IPA for the holiday season.
At under $1.00 a bottle, probably the best price on a high quality IPA I've ever seen.
Bells Two Hearted had been my favorite for a long time, but the much cheaper Torpedo actually tastes better to me.....definitly hoppier/bitterer....just my style!
Cool, windy, and rainy here for a few days now, might even have to indulge in some malty porters and browns.

Pelican brewing Tsunami Stout. Yes, it was 4:30 when I cracked it, but UGA was playing football, televised in Portland. This, friends, is call for celebration.

Go Dawgs!

Founders Red's Rye P.A.
6.6 ABV
Can you tell?
I've got lengthy pi$$ed off posts on the right side as well as left tonight!
http://www.facebook.com/artsbeatseats
(must have facebook access to view I guess)

To enjoy the last day of summer I grilled up some homemade pizza and celebrated with SN Summerfest.

IMG_3729_500_zps96f4e364.jpg

Good bye summer. :(

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts