The Official Race Weight Challenge!

zum, the recipe for the

zum, the recipe for the turkey was this:

1) order pre-cooked Diestel Turkey from New Seasons Market

2) pick it up

3) heat it for several hours

4) eat.

I'm not sure why this year it was so fantastic; I've had Diestel turkeys before and they've been ok, better than the usual supermarket turkey, but this year it was just a whole different level. There was more fat on it I think than in previous years, I think, but also more flavor. it's like they were eating sage, with just a tiny bit of brown sugar.

sweet!! precooked even...less

sweet!! precooked even...less work!

haha, at this point starving

haha, at this point starving and exhausted (after having taught near back to back Zumba classes, coming home to get kids cleaned up and into bed, I finally sat down to eat my gourmet dinner at 8pm); I probably wouldn't have cared if it were slopped together in a bowl:p

198.  I must have really

198. I must have really packed it in over the weekend because I ran 39 miles Thursday through Sunday and only had a whopping .4lbs weight loss the first week. Keep up the good work!

Has anyone noticed that the

Has anyone noticed that the one person here who most likely has the most active, healthiest and most aware life and nutrition style, and is, btw, the littlest, is also working the hardest on the thread. Oye!

Historically, all I have to do is breathe the word "diet" and I gain 3 pounds. It's some sort of trigger response from when I was a starving wrestler and had to peel off 3 more pounds from my emaciated frame by 7:00 AM the next morning.

So, I will go with the "Mindful Eating" path, too. I'm starting at 186, as of last week. I haven't weighed in this week yet, but I notice that I need to drill an new hole in my belt, fwiw.

Peace, all!

Abide, I can't participate in

Abide, I can't participate in the weight loss but, I DO want the free sandals. What do ya say?

JosephTree wrote:Has anyone

JosephTree said:
Has anyone noticed that the one person here who most likely has the most active, healthiest and most aware life and nutrition style, and is, btw, the littlest, is also working the hardest on the thread. Oye. Historically, all I have to do is breathe the word "diet" and I gain 3 pounds. It's some sort of trigger response from when I was a starving wrestler and had to peel off 3 more pounds from my emaciated frame by 7:00 AM the next morning. So, I will go with the "Mindful Eating" path, too. I'm starting at 186, as of last week. I haven't weighed in this week yet, but I notice that I need to drill an new hole in my belt, fwiw.Peace, all!

Who's that Zum :) Ok I'll get better at tracking my calories too, since I started this mess. And the belt measurement counts too, I am going to incorporate more mindful eating habits too.

Dama you are at a severe disadvantage here....let's see, if I have any Vibram sole left after the contest I'll make you a pair.

I'm up a couple pounds but

I'm up a couple pounds but I'll be good, I have a line on a dealer so I'm planning a crack binge a week before the end of the contest.

Ram, a 6-week binge should be

Ram, a 6-week binge should be even more effective. Just sayin'.

Well that sucks Abide, but I

Well that sucks Abide, but I am still hopeful for a free pair of sandals thou.

lol Joe, so does this mean

lol Joe, so does this mean you'll be keeping me company more often here??

Today was my rest day so I said ta hell with keeping track, I ate what I wanted (which no doubt included eating my weight in xmas cookies) and drank what I wanted and didn't feel the least bit guilty about it.

Ram, keep us posted on how that works for you :tired:

Back on the wagon tomorrow, just choreographed 4 new zumba songs and am pretty stoked to bring them to class. This means, high energy level leading to max number of cals burned during zumba. Bring it on TGIF!

weighed today, 134 (different scale though)...I don't put much stock into scales though.

Down a little to 182 today. I

Down a little to 182 today. I also tried to count my calories yesterday, what a bitch. I'll try again today.

Cassie have you tried changing up your excercise routine? When I hit a plateau usually I stop running as much and I go lift heavy for a few weeks or start doing more high intensity interval training. It usually helps get me over that point, and makes things a little more interesting.

My daily weigh in this

My daily weigh in this morning was 196.5...my 15 day average is at 197.7. I seem to be at a plateau right now. My average has been 197.6 - 197.8 for about 2 weeks. I joined spark people to hopefully help out.

Friday:b: homemade flax

Friday:

b: homemade flax pancakes w/syrup, aqua chia (water, lemonade and chia) (8, 400)

s: tortillas and salsa 7, 200, tea w/milk and sugar, water

l: turkey sandwich, mayo and lettuce 4, 200

s: chips and salsa 7, 200

snuck in a few bites of bon bon cookie dough (had to make sure the dough had enough almond ;)) 200

d: 2 plates spaghetti, wine guessing:15, 700)

3 bon bon cookies (had to make sure the frosting tasted good on the cookies :p) 10, 300

popcorn, water 10, 300

~54, 2500 in (another off the wagon day), zumba 700cals (high energy)

Saturday:

b: 3 pieces french toast sprinkled with kettle corn seasoning, lemonade water 5, 300

s: peppermint hot cocoa, popcorn (air pop, buttered) 12, 400

l: 1 plate spaghetti, water 8, 400

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
Friday:

b: homemade flax pancakes w/syrup, aqua chia (water, lemonade and chia) (8, 400)

s: tortillas and salsa 7, 200, tea w/milk and sugar, water

Zumba, do you know that heat kills the flax nutrients? just sayin'

hmm, that stinks

hmm, that stinks

Initial weight: 155

Initial weight: 155 lbs

today: 152 lbs (same as last week)

Good things:

Ran 10 miles barefoot on Saturday, my longest run ever

Bad things this week:

All the cake and chocolate before and during my daugther 3rd birthday party

This week down to 196. Sure,

This week down to 196. Sure, it's only one pound, but at least it's moving! ;-) And there is NO WAY I'm posting what I eat. 'Cause then you would wonder how I lose weight at all! I read Zum's food list and it all sounds so healthy. I keep hoping to see just one of my food choices show up on her list. :)

Cheers,

miker

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7