The Official Race Weight Challenge!

194 this morning. Trying to

194 this morning. Trying to run more. Went on a 6 mile trail run yesterday a.m. in my VFFs. Wind chill of -10 (which, loosely translated in Okie speak means "pretty f***in' cold!) Cheers!

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
apparently, according to this and at least one other site I need 3200-3600cals a day to maintain weight...someone explain how I eat 1800-2500 and gain weight? :puzzled:

your body is smarter than that web page!

No seriously, bodies are incredibly good at finding the most efficient way to do everything. Yeah, maybe the first time somebody does activity X it will burn Y calories, but by the 100th time it's nothing like that.

I haven't looked up any papers on this, but the idea is based on my own experience, I always see some weight loss after I start a new activity, no matter how much I'm eating. But a few months later I can do the activity better, and my weight is back to the original level.

Or, to put it more formally, I propose that the amount of calories burned is a function of not just mass, duration of exercise, and other things a web site could put in a calculator, but also Experience. Maybe you need to slack off for a while and get sloppy so your body gets dumb. :)

Good advice Stomper, I also

Good advice Stomper, I also think that your body can function well with a large range of caloric intake. You just need to find the sweet spot where you have good energy levels and gradual weight loss.

I have noticed that the more miles I run I lose more weight, but it also fluctuates more depending on food and water. If it is a heavy lifting week my weight is much more stable but I range on the heavier side. For the next 4 weeks I am going to focus more on lighter aerobic excercise to see if I can get the last 11 off.

Stomper, you've got a very

Stomper, you've got a very good point...I figured I was switching it up a little at least with changing my routines in my classes, changing choreography, adding new songs every few weeks or so, doing a variety of different dance levels, run speeds, terrains etc. Maybe once I start upping my mileage again with marathon training...that'll be enough to kick start my body in the right direction.

NIce work J!! You've made some excellent progress!

You too Sloutre!

Winter storm scared off all of my members this weekend, no class today. Going for a run with another barefooter in town! Another new barefoot friend!

Saturday intake: 47g fat, 2000cals...didn't exercise though busted butt on hours upon hours of housework

Sunday: 60g, 2330cals, workouts: 70min Zumba, 15min ab ripper ~700cals total

weigh in: 133lbs

Sunday 12/12 (numbers are fat

Sunday 12/12 (numbers are fat grams, calories)
b:1 orange slice, lemonade, 1/2c yogurt w/walnuts: 10, 310
s: wasabi peas, hot cocoa: 5, 300
l: 1 cheese it, 1/4 quesadilla, tea, chicken adobo: 14, 515
s: pb + crackers and peanut brittle : 18, 440
d: 2.5 tacos with beans and rice: 17, 650
s: smoothie v: 1, 120
totals: 65, 2335, expended: 700

Monday:
b: 1c yogurt, 1/3c special K, walnuts, 1/2c frozen cherries: 10.5, 375
s: pb&j graham crackers: 8, 250
l: chips and salsa, blackbean and mexi rice burrito: 15, 500
s: wasabi peas, tea and milk w/sugar: 5, 250
d: breakfast burrito (egg, green pepper, onion) hashbrowns, 2 sausages 30, 800
totals: 68.5. 2175 , expended: planned 6-7mi run ~700cals

Tuesday:b: 1c yogurt with

Tuesday:
b: 1c yogurt with walnuts, chopped dates and special K, and hot cocoa: 15, 450
s: pb&j butter crackers, cauliflower: 10, 300
l: potluck at Nyla's class...no clue caloric intake ate a bit of everything (though tried to stick to more of the healthier choices, small sloppy joe, veggies, lf blueberry pie, chinse sticky rice and dumpling, bit of cheese, pear cider) guessing at leas: 800 calories, 30g fat
no snack
dinner: quesadillas with raw veggies: 18, 600
total~: 73, 2150 exended: 700 cals zumba

Wednesday:
b: waffles and pb w syrup, lemonade :10 500
s: carrots, cauliflower and celery..hot cocoa: 3, 250
l: egg and pepper burrito, tortillas and salsa, hot cocoa: 20, 600

s: none

d:

expend: 5mi run, 1hr zumba= 1100

I was 169 today, which is

I was 169 today, which is less than my long term average (172) but 1 lb more than roughly a month ago when we started.

Nonetheless the smaller clothes ar estill fitting me so I'm just going to try to keep eating mindfully and get my mileage up. So hard to be mindful when my son is making a gingerbread airplane with a cookie runway. :|

No kidding there is crap at

No kidding there is crap at every turn in the office and free beer at the parties. Whose idea was it to have a weight contest during the holidays? And only 4 weeks left...

I'm with you all on the

I'm with you all on the holiday parties, sheesh! Tis a tradition around the globe to celebrate with an overabundance of food for holidays. I'm trying to make healthier choices, trying a bit of everything though bulking up on the lower fat, higher nutrition stuff..raw veggies and fruits etc. I also make it a point to bring something healthy whether it's an appetizer, side or dessert so I know that if all else fails I can have the one thing I brought that is healthy. Speaking of which, a friend of mine made an excellent lf blueberry creamcheese dessert for the potluck on Tuesday (at preschool). I'll get the recipe and share.

Today's 411
b: waffles and pb w syrup, lemonade :10 500
s: carrots, cauliflower and celery..hot cocoa: 3, 250
l: egg and pepper burrito, tortillas and salsa, hot cocoa: 20, 600
s: 1/4c frozen cherries, 1/2 slice sourdough, coffee mocha creamer (3, 260)
d: spaghetti, garlic bread, cherry smoothie 15, 620
wine 100
tota~ 51, 2230, expended in exercise :~1000

Here's the recipe Blueberry

Here's the recipe Blueberry CreamCheese Dessert (healthy)

1 C all purpose flour
3/4C finely chopped pecans
6Tbsp butter, melted
1 envelope unflavoerd gelatin
1/2C cold water
2 pkg. (8oz each) fat-free cream cheese
2C confectioners sugar
1 carton fat free or reduced fat whipped topping, thawed
1 can (21 oz) blueberry pie filling (I used 2)

1. Combine flour pecans and butter in a small bowl. Press into 13x9in. cooking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray. Bake at 350 for 10 min. Cool on a wire rack.

2. In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over water and let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring until gelatin is completely dissolved. Remove from heat and set aside.

3. In a large bowl beat confectioners sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Beat in gelatin mixture until well blended. Fold in whipped topping. Pour over cooled crust. Spoon pie filling over top. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or until firm.

Enjoy!!

Well I am back at 182lbs.

Well I am back at 182lbs. this morning. This is a pretty unsuccessful weightloss attempt...

4 weeks left everybody! Time to get serious again.

With 4 more weeks to go there

With 4 more weeks to go there is time to loose some weight...or at least to try to not pack extra pounds during the holidays.

This morning I'm still at 150. If I could drop just a couple of pounds to be safely under the 150 lbs mark at all times of the day/seek I would be happy.

I will spend 1 weeks with family, eating and not running much (unless I run hills in unpacked snow...) but I hope to stay at/under 150

191.2 lbs.  This has been far

191.2 lbs. This has been far from easy the closer we get to the finish line. My wife has homemade carmel corn, cookies, and breads which mess with the lbs all over the place. Thanks Abide for the new approach to holiday consumption! I hope everyone has a wonderful Chirstmas! Take care everyone!

Sounds like a lot of people

Sounds like a lot of people have little in the way of net results here at halfway through. I think there is some Heisenberg effect or something going on here. The measurement is affecting the subject. At least for me.

I was feeling kinda trim, for me, before weighing myself last week. And (as I'd noted) I was pleased to find when shopping for clothes that smaller sizes were fitting me. But since the measurement I've felt glum & chubby. Little else has changed. I am still eating pretty reasonably and pretty mindfully. I am still running about the same amount. Generally I'm on the right path with my body. So why should a number affect me? It's totally arbitrary. If I was on Mars, my number would be 64 instead of 169.

Screw these numbers, man, they are an oppressive tool of the medicarchy. (Hey! just invented a word!) I'm burning my bra, I mean scale, tomorrow. Then I'm going to take all the salvation army bellringers to Kelly's Olympian for happy hour. :)

Happy holidays!

I started this thing looking

I started this thing looking to advance my consciousness of my eating and so to probably reduce it a bit. I'm holding steady at 184, down about 2.5 since we started. Not bad for getting through the holiday pressures.

Maybe with a little more time on the roads or/and trails a few more will be shed.

This morning: 152 lbs (up 2

This morning: 152 lbs (up 2 lbs from before Christmas)

That's the price of one week of overeating and no running at all. The vacation was great but I missed running. Now that I'm back home I hope to get back on track.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test