The Official Race Weight Challenge!

Abide

Barefooters
May 13, 2010
I am trying to drop a few pounds and wanted to put together a little contest to help keep me motivated. I am attempting to get to a weight that I haven't been at in 15 years. Everyone is invited to participate.

Ok here are the details. The contest begins the week of Nov 22nd. Whoever wants to participate will have to either weigh their self or take a body fat measurement sometime between November 22nd – 28th and then post it here with your goal. The contest will last a total of 8 weeks. The same measurement will be taken again 8 weeks from that date during the week of January 17th – 23rd and whoever loses the largest percentage of bodyweight or the largest percentage of body fat divided by two wins. The final measurements have to be posted sometime during the week of Jan 17th and I will declare the winner on Monday Jan 24th. (Don’t jump the gun this week, I would recommend a weekend of binge eating and drinking before you start)

Before and after pictures are highly recommended and also share with us your strategies, successes and struggles.

A couple of rules:

We need some accountability so you will have to do weekly weigh-in’s or BF measurements. If you don’t want to do these weekly that is fine but you then have to post other stats like how many calories you ate vs. how many you burned etc… You will have to do at least three measurements the first one, then one at 4 weeks and then the final one. And the measurements need to be done with the same scale as used the first time.

We are shooting for body fat, and to a lesser extent muscle, weight loss here, not water loss. So the first and last measurements taken need to be done on days as similar as possible. If you want to weigh yourself after you do a 20 miler in January that is fine but you also have to do a 20 miler next week and then weigh yourself for the initial one.

Let’s make sure this is healthy weight loss, if you are blacking out 10 times a day you may want to start eating more.

The calculations (beginning weight – ending weight)/beginning weight or
(beginning BF% – ending BF%)/(beginning BF% x 2) if there are any late starters their percentage will be increased pro rata and a penalty will be applied which will be determined by me. Here is the prize: The winner will get a choice of a long or short sleeve T-shirt from here or I’ll make you a custom pair of huaraches. (I’ll put up pictures later, and they don’t come with a warranty) Disclaimer: The BRS is not liable for anything associated with this contest. Play at your own risk. Always consult your physician before beginning any exercise and diet program. Advice given on this thread should not be treated as professional advice.

Ok, sounds good.   Thanks

Ok, sounds good. Thanks for writing some flexibility into the weigh-in rules. So do we just post numbers in this thread?

Yup post as much as you want,

Yup post as much as you want, but at least once a week. You can also choose what you want to post, what you ate at each meal, how many calories you burned in a day or whatever. If you want to be held accountbale I could arrange some choice words too :)

All I gotta say is, thank

All I gotta say is, thank goodness it starts tomorrow. I bombed it this weekend, cookie baking weekend warrants LOTS of tasting :shy:

I'm all aboard this train, lean mean fighting machine....

OK, let's get started.Weight

OK, let's get started.

Weight this morning: 155 lbs

Goal: 140 ~145 lbs and having my light blue pants not tight around the legs.

Plan: Eat mostly fruits during the day, normal dinner with the family with limited grains. Chocolate, cookies, ice cream, pie, etc only once a week with moderation. And of course a little more running and cross-training everyday. Also trying to improve quality of sleep, it cannot hurt, so I will not stay up late to read everybody's posts.

I will try to take a 'before' picture but I may not post it.

Weight this morning: 197

Weight this morning: 197 lbs

Goal: 180 lbs (I was going to say 180-185, to build in a fudge factor...Hey! did somebody just say Fudge! ;-) )

Plan: Plan?? I don't need no stinkin' plan! Okay, okay, a plan "probably" isn't a bad idea. Hmmmm...I am "planning" on wielding the "contest sword" to slay those holiday munchie attacks. I actually was just going to try and reduce my portions of food at each meal and run more. Calories in < Calories out. That sort of thing. And hopefully, knowing I have to report to you all, will help me grab a piece of broccoli instead of 6 cookies. ;-)

Picture: Seriously, I weigh 197. If I took a picture, TJ would have to put it in the gnarly photo forum...but I may take one. But I won't post it unless the "after" photo looks tons better. Maybe I can get the wife to photoshop me something... ;-)

I start at 168 pounds.My

I start at 168 pounds.My plan: eat mindfully, don't skimp, stop when full, enjoy food, etc.

Basically the one way I am trying to execute this is: SIT DOWN AND DON'T DO ANYTHING ELSE WHEN YOU EAT. So, no reading the paper, surfing the net, watching TV, etc. The one thing I'll let myself do is talk to other people. More details at this LINK.

When I started doing that a month or two ago, it was a huge revelation to my body... I got full so much faster. But since then I've slipped a bit and a few times a week I've found myself doing something else while eating, or eating while standing. I've got to ferret those times out.

But otherwise no calorie counting or anything. On the exercise side, I want try to do 20 miles and two hours of grappling each week. I'm only going to weigh myself once every 4 weeks, to try to listen to my body instead of the numbers, so I'll try to find other ways to post progress weekly.

My avatar can be my "before" picture. Here's the "after" I'm shooting for:

I weigh in at 150lbs and 15%

I weigh in at 150lbs and 15% this morning. (Must be all the pasta carbs I ate Saturday night)

I don't want to get less then 145lbs but hope the BF% can get down to 10

203.8 - plan is to

203.8 - plan is to intermittent fast and cut down on carbs. But tomorrow - today I am recovering from yesterday's race, so I'll eat how I want :). My first goal is to get down to this year's low - 200lbs and then to 180.

199.1 as a starting point for

199.1 as a starting point for me. I weigh myself every day and use a 15 day average. the 199.1 is my actual weight for today and my 15 day average is 198.1. My first goal is to get down to 180 (15 day average). Ultimately I want to get down to 130-140.

Alright 181 lbs. this

Alright 181 lbs. this morning. My goal is 170 - 175 lbs. preferably 170 lbs.

Here is the game plan: No dairy, limited amounts of sugar and alcohol. In place of eating bread, chips and crackers, I'll snack on veggies. For breakfast eat a green smoothie. Edit: And intermittent fasting. Forgot about that thanks Janine (sp?)

I'm keeping the excercise regimen the same. Marathon training and Xfit 5 days a week with the weekneds off. I really need to work on getting my long runs in.

I'll put up a pic tomorrow.

Barefoot Cassie wrote:199.1

Barefoot Cassie said:
199.1 as a starting point for me. I weigh myself every day and use a 15 day average. the 199.1 is my actual weight for today and my 15 day average is 198.1. My first goal is to get down to 180 (15 day average). Ultimately I want to get down to 130-140.

Ha, shows you what I know. When I saw your race pics I thought wow I would love to be as skinny as her! You look small for your weight.

I'm at 165, my plan is to get

I'm at 165, my plan is to get to 150-155 and maintain through spring.

I have no plan except eat healthy.

I don't have a scale, though

I don't have a scale, though weighed in before cookies on Saturday and was 130 (I'm telling you, my weight is ridiculously variable) so I probably wont go by that because I can fluctuate 5lbs in one day.

Goal: reestablish better eating habits (sweets/treats only on weekends), portioned snacks (no grazing with kids)...do NOT eat all of the xmas cookies just made on Saturday (oy, handing out cookies to kids yesterday the smell of them made me drool. I refrained though :)

11/22 foodie stuff:

B: 2 homemade waffles w/pb and syrup water (10g, 250cal)

S: dried wasabi peas, 1/2 sugar free applesauce cup, black tea with sugar and milk ( 4g, 220cal)

L: bite of hotdog (trying to convince 3yr to try it with mustard) 1.5c italian rice and beans, tea + sugar and milk (2g, 300cal)

S: chocolate animal crackers and 1c 1% milk (6g, 300cal)

D: craisins and big salad (10g, 500cal)

glass of wine and 3 licorice strips ~150

total intake: 32g,1720cal total burned (1hr zumba): ~600

I said it in the original

I said it in the original thread as well but I'm in. Starting weight is 209 and over time I'd like to lose about 40. I don't have a real plan either, just eat less junk and get back into regular running and other exercise.

11/23B: 1.5c cereal,

11/23

B: 1.5c cereal, lemonade 1, 300

S: wasabi peas, tea milk and honey 5, 200

L: Tuna sandwich, carrots, bon bon cookies 20, 550

S: peanuts and craisins, spring roll water 10, 450

D: 1.5 slices veggie pizza, pinot grigio 15,550

Total intake: ~51g, 2050cal

2hr zumba: ~1000 expended in exercise

(198.4)  I am eliminating as

(198.4) I am eliminating as much fat, sugar, and sodium from my diet as humanly possible. Have a great Thanksgiving everyone!