The Official Race Weight Challenge!

188.6 lbs.  .2 away from

188.6 lbs. .2 away from being 10 down. It has been difficult with all of the temptations and rationalizations going on the last couple of weeks but nevertheless it has been productive.

I give up, too little time,

I give up, too little time, too much to do. think I'm just a case of body too efficient to do anything miraculous on it's own. I don't have the energy to change much of anything. Well...maybe I'll try cutting out all food after 7pm. Who knows, maybe that'll help

Just going to stay afloat. Good luck all!

(188 even)  -10.4lbs for

(188 even) -10.4lbs for final weigh in. This has been an interesting test of willpower and has taught me I can still enjoy the holiday festivities without going backwards from a weight gain perspective.

You must have done more cross training than you thought Abide. Your 5 lbs weight gain is all muscle! Good luck with the Rock-n-Roll. I tried to arrange a last minute entry/trip for the wife and I but could not make the schedule work. I think I am at the point where I could have done it comfortably at a reasonable pace. Pace yourself and eat and drink at every aid station whether you want to or not. Enjoy the run and have fun with it!

Good work everyone who attempted the Abide Weight Loss Challenge. "it is better to have tried and failed than never tried at all"!

Nice Sole that is pretty

Nice Sole that is pretty awesome. We'll see next week, but I think you might have won this contest.

I am back down to my 182-183 range. I'll weigh myself on Monday for my final weigh in. I do a lot of cross training, actually more than I run. I wonder too if the it being colder outside has something to do with it. Or maybe my cortisol levels are too high. Who knows.

Well if you make it down here, let me know. You can register at the expo on Friday and Saturday. The weather is looking real nice about 50 at the start and 70 at the finish.

50's at the start line and

50's at the start line and 70's at the finish? Wow! I have wanted to run this race for the last couple of winters. I forgot my wife, two daughters, daughter-in-law, and a daughters boyfriend are running a half a couple of towns away. I offered to watch our granddaughters (2 years old and 4 months) while everyone else runs. I will be through Phoenix on my way to Tuscon in February and would love to run some trails. I ran/walked Pinnacle Peak a few years ago and have been up into Sabino Canyon a couple of times. Never made it to the top due to flash flooding and rangers telling me to go back down. Maybe if your schedule permits we can get out. I thought this week was final weigh in?

That sounds good Sole. We are

That sounds good Sole. We are expecting a baby in Feb, but as long as you are not here right after its born I would love to go for a trail run. We could always do a run in the White tanks or maybe do Camelback. Maybe Chaotic Mark could join us?

The contest does end this week on Sunday. You can post your results through next week.

My results: Initial weight:

My results:

Initial weight: 155

Final weight: 150

(beginning weight – ending weight)/beginning weight = 3.2%

That's not as much as I had planned to lose but I didn't make any progress since before Christmas. I plan to continu being mindful of what I eat and hopefully I can shed another 5 lbs before May.

My mileage is not increasing much because of all the snow we're getting and because of a mild pain on the top of my foot, close to my big toe. I'm afraid to make it worst so I had to take an entire week off to wait for the pain to dissapear, and now after just 6 miles on Sunday the mild pain is back :-(

If I want to keep losing weight I will have to rely on a different form of exercise.

Alright so I officially

Alright so I officially didn't lose any weight over that contest, bummer. Back to 181 lbs. 0% change for me.

Alright everyone post up your final stats!

Hey Sole_Foot you are the

Hey Sole_Foot you are the winner. Do you want a shirt or a pair of my home made huaraches? Let me know. And are you still planning a trip out here in the Phoenix area?

Abide,Thanks for the

Abide,

Thanks for the challenge. I am still cranking away and needed the push when you first posted the challenge. I have 400 miles in for the year and down some more. My wife fell on a run and required surgery so my travel to Tuscon via Phoenix has been postponed. Will see how the recovery goes before we reschedule. If your schedule permits with the new addition I would love to try a pair of "Official Abide Homemade Huaraches". Hope all is well!

Hey sorry to hear about your

Hey sorry to hear about your wife. I hope she is on the mend. 400 miles already for 2011? That's awesome.

Do you have a way to send me an outline of your feet, scan it and email it to me? Like what it explains here?

http://www.invisibleshoe.com/how-to-make-huaraches/

If not just measure the longest point of your feet (heel to big toe) and the width of the widest point of your foot and your heel and let me know.

The outline will make them flap around less.

I like that "Stomper" is

I like that "Stomper" is eating mindfully. Having been through an eating disorder, I consider calorie counting/fat counting/carb counting/etc. quite dangerous. I have been working towards intuitive eating for a while now. It can be challenging because there are so many distractions that keep me from soley sitting with myself and my food. I do think that there needs to be balance in how we treat our bodies and ourselves in general. Intuitive eating is worth the hard work. Weight may not come off as quickly but it is a much more fullfilling way to live (and we can teach others how to be more in tuned with their bodies too, especially our children)! We owe it to our future generations.

Jstone, I noticed that this

Jstone, I noticed that this is an ancient (year old) thread, but so popular I think it's well worth revitalizing.

What say folks, want to give it another go? Start a fresh contest?

I have no ax to grind in this, having lost most of what I was hoping for in the last few months (194~95 to 179~80.)

I could use some enthusiastic support to go after my last few pounds, like down to 170 to 173. I don't know how to make huaraches, though. Anybody else feel like jumping on a bandwagon?

i've been floating around 175

i've been floating around 175 for a year. i run at least three times a week and lifted weights three times a week. i couldn't lose any weight. i started some maf training last onth and am now losing weight. more specifically fat. my scale measures fat and i watched it go from 24 to 22% with only a drop of a few pounds. it is really hard to not just bust out into a fartlek. i want to but hold back. my eating hasn't changed too much. it's from slowing down.

as painful as it is i will continue going slow so that i can get fast and lose some weight.

What is maf training?

What is maf training?

Not sure if I am spelling

Not sure if I am spelling this correctly but it is Maffetone training. Its where you don't run past a certain heart rate and train your body to operate at a low heart rate. That may be an overly simplistic definition but that should at least answer your question TJ. I've heard of this training before knowing Mike, just never by that name.