The Official Race Weight Challenge!

Abide wrote:Zum you have a

Abide said:
Zum you have a pretty gnarly calorie deficiency going? How do you find the energy?

I've never seen Zum stop moving. I always assume that she has another form of power generation, like solar power, or hydro-electric.

I haven't confirmed this...but she may also be a cyborg. A girl one, like the one in Terminator 3.

600full-terminator-3%3A-rise-of-the-machines-screenshot.jpg

So now I'm learning that

So now I'm learning that people don't create lactic acid and have built in solar power, no wonder I am so slow. My special power is creating flatulence.

Abide wrote:Zum you have a

Abide said:
Zum you have a pretty gnarly calorie deficiency going? How do you find the energy?

I believe it comes from a healthy inherited load of piss and vinegar from both maternal and paternal sides :p

the rest is pfm

I'm not positive what my caloric expenditure during Zumba is exactly, though considering you can burn up to 700 calories in an hour and I bring 150% to my students every time...I've got to be burning at least 500 calories in each hour I teach.

I think that my body has just adapted to the amount of energy I expend in a day between teaching, practicing routines, and running = 1-3hrs of exercise, chasing after kids, volunteering in kids school, running errands, carrying the house (with a dh who works 2-10am and commutes 3hrs a day I do the lions share of everything around here including outside work...mowing, shoveling snow---more exercise LOL), doing my duties as Chapter vice prez and merchandise coordinator for BRS, organizing events for Moms group I'm in, etc etc etc ...I just have to find energy in every little nook and cranny of my body to keep up with it all. I tell you what though, when I sleep....I sleep goooood :tired:

Yesterday I fell off the wagon hard eating at least my weight in sushi and then christmas cookies at the end of the day. I'll get that all on here later. Off to run (I'm quickly developing an addiction to our indoor track free to the public) and teach some more :bigsmile:

lmao SP Ok, so yesterday

lmao SP :p

Ok, so yesterday 11/24

B: coffee and half lemonade/half water (didn't have time to eat after taking my thyroid meds) (120, 0)

S: between run and class Banana and wasabi peas (210, 4)

S: went to movies, 2c popcorn, licorice and few sips of dhs' soda (I know healthy :p) guessing (30g fat and 600cals)

S: 2 bites firecracker dark chocolate (with sea salt, chipotle and popping candy) chips (1 serving) and salsa (10, 280)

D: LOTS of sushi (tuna, avacado, cuke, carrot, pickled radish...wasabi and soy sauce for dipping) no clue but guessing it was at least 10g fat and 800cals)

handful of bite sized xmas cookies again guessing 20g fat, 400 cals

glass of wine (100)

total intake ~75g fat, ~2600cal total expended in exercise: 5.5mi run and 1hr Zumba ~1000cals

Turkey Day

B: 1/2c coffee milk and sugar, water with splash of lemonade, waffle with pb and little syrup, 1.5 strips bacon

S: tea w/milk and sugar, sushi

D:...heading to Nana's house for Thanksgiving dinner...will try my hardest to track what I eat and hope that I don't eat myself sick and silly :sick:

bb to report...accountability right??

B: 1/2c coffee milk and

B: 1/2c coffee milk and sugar, water with splash of lemonade, waffle with pb and little syrup, 1.5 strips bacon

S: tea w/milk and sugar, sushi

L: turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing, baked beans, salad....didn't over do it, kept portions small

dessert: 1/2 slice apple pie, 1/3 slice pumpkin cheesecake, 1/2 slice guinness cheesecake, 4 bon bon cookies

2 small glasses wine

D: pretzel rolo cookie, 1/2 turkey sandwich, tea with milk and sugar

workout: 1hr zumba, 15min core

no clue what my total intake was (I'm aiming for not grazing until the meal, and keeping track of what I'm eating...one plate only, unless veggies)

Friday: (another feast to go to, oy!)

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
I'm not positive what my caloric expenditure during Zumba is exactly, though considering you can burn up to 700 calories in an hour and I bring 150% to my students every time...I've got to be burning at least 500 calories in each hour I teach.

I expect that's about right, Zum. I used a GoWear Fit armband a couple years ago and it registered around 350-400 calories for an hour zumba class. I know when I used to teach aerobics, the energy required to teach was significantly more than attending a class. So 400-500 calories in an hour seems about right.

I've been away from home visiting family over most of the last week so I haven't been able to weigh in, yet. I'll join in tomorrow (the last official start day) after stepping on the scale in the morning.

Good job to all of you who have already kicked off the challenge and are focused on your health.

Peace,

Karen

Initial weight: 155 lbstoday

Initial weight: 155 lbs

today (week 2): 152 lbs

Good things I did:

I (almost) didn't eat any grain, no snacks, mostly fruits for breakfast.

24h carrot juice fast

Ran a little bit

Bad things this week:

Pecan pie (and it was not even a really good one)

Ran only a little bit

ugh, let's just say that my

ugh, let's just say that my gnarly deficit going on at the beginning of the week last week was more than made up for with the feasts I partook in. sooo ready to be back on the wagon

Thanks for weighing in (on the cal count for Zumba) Karen. Based on my perceived exertion during Zumba...it's definitely up there around 8 for the hour.

Well I did another weight in

Well I did another weight in this morning, and I gained 3 lbs! Back up to 184. Had a rough holiday.

The goods:

Did a couple of extra workouts over the weekend.

Ran barefoot on the trails in California.

Ate a ton of veggies and fruits.

The bads:

Missed out on going on a run with Shacky this weekend :(

Drank way too much beer over the holiday. I was so close to visiting the Stone brewery but I was able to say no.

Ate more junk than I would have liked, mostly sweets and potatoes of all sorts.

I am half way through a fast today. so that is good. We'll see if I can get things back in order this week.

Keep up the posts everyone!

Well, at least I didn't

Well, at least I didn't gain...but still weighing in at a "whopping" 197.

I'm going to start writing down everything I eat. Maybe that'll help.

Cheers,

Mike

11/29b: lemonade/water,

11/29

b: lemonade/water, grits w/sugar and milk (0, 275)

s: tea w/sugar and milk, chocolate grahams (1, 200)

l: 2 mini turkey avacado wraps, cherry tomatoes (10, 400), water

s: graham crackers with pb (11, 220)

d: 4 fish sticks, 1/2 serving french fries, wine (ice cream cone for dessert) (14, 570)

total intake:( 36g fat, 1665cals)

expended: 5mi run and 1hr zumba = 1000cals

My first week: Haven't run at

My first week: Haven't run at all and I went from having a stomach bug last weekend to the cold from hell all week and I'm still not recovered, in fact, it's gotten worse in the last couple of days. Food and such has been a mess because of this. I've been on a steady diet of cookies, pepsi and red bull and I've still managed to lose about 4 pounds. I wonder if I'll be able to get those pounds to stay gone once I'm feeling ok again.

oh no BB, hope you're feeling

oh no BB, hope you're feeling tip top soon! Likely those 4lbs wont stay off permanantly...easy on, easy off and visa versa.

ugg, BB, sorry to hear about

ugg, BB, sorry to hear about your bug. I had one about a month ago and it sucked.

Here's my own required weekly update. Since I don't weigh myself often, on purpose, I'll talk about my main method: MINDFUL EATING.

Though you can if you would like take "mindful" in the Buddhist sense (and occasionally I do), on a much more practical level I am simply trying to be aware of what I am eating, and eat for enjoyment and to answer hunger, rather than out of habit. And to make it even simpler, the way I try to execute this is simply by sitting down and not doing anything else while I eat.

This sounds trivial but I swear when I can do this I probably eat 30-40% less calories, and enjoy it 100% more. For example, I cannot tell you how delicious the turkey sandwiches I had yesterday were. Who knows why, but my house was blessed (and I don't say that lightly; I'm an atheist 0:) ) with the most fantastic tasting turkey of ALL TIME: moist, fatty, jammed with flavor, and supposedly, raised in a kindly way. I've never tasted anything like it. Sitting there with the TV and the laptop turned off, and the Wall Street Journal exiled to the other end of the table, I relished every cell of muscle and skin, and my mind got quiet and receptive. I'm not claiming anything profound happened, but I definitely got full on one sandwich (then had another one for dinner). I felt extreme gratitude for the turkey.

At other times during the last week I failed, most notably "sniping" treats as I walked by the kitchen counter, just because they were there, not because I was really hungry. But if I can force myself to sit with the treat I realize how absurd it is just to eat this thing simply because it's available.

I feel like I'm discovering a lot about eating these days, and for once I have a strategy I can live with long term. I'm curious to see how the numbers turn out at the end of this little challenge.

Bleh, totally off the wagon

Bleh, totally off the wagon of what works for me and I gained alot over the holidays. 1 pound down this morning - as my friend says, "progress not perfection".

Stomper, spill it on the

Stomper, spill it on the turkey! I'd love to have a recipe/technique that produced moist juicy turkey!

Definitely with you on the mindful eating, that's huge!

Welcome back aboard J, I fell off too. Upward and onward.

11/30

b: 1/2c yogurt, walnuts, lemonade/water (15, 300)

s: melon and wasabi peas, oliang coffee w/milk (4,330)

l: chips w/salsa, jambalaya (15, 500)

s: hot cocoa, plain kettle chips, craisins (7, 300)

d: special K, banana, wine (1, 300)

intake: (42g, 1730cal), expended: 2hrs zumba~900 (first class was lower intensity, second high intensity)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7