PWI Nouveau

Don't be so quick to blame

Don't be so quick to blame yourself Shacky...we have no receivers for Favre to throw to. And then we have All or Nothing AP at running back.

But I'd go with your second string QB for the rest of the season man.

out the door in a few minutes

out the door in a few minutes to do some all-you-can-eat crab as well as hoisting a few IPAs

(tomorrow is all-you-can-eat spareribs!!!)

It's quiet here, summer is on

It's quiet here, summer is on its way out so this place should get busier once you all quit running so much. Didn't you know this is a forum about drinking not running?

Abide wrote:It's quiet here,

Abide said:
It's quiet here, summer is on its way out so this place should get busier once you all quit running so much. Didn't you know this is a forum about drinking not running?

I agree 110% all about drinking lol!

We recently adopted an

We recently adopted an ex-racing greyhound and let me tell you the 40 mph couch potato claim is not a myth. This dog is one serious champion of the loafing low energy life style. I once put a pedometer on him for the day... just to see how active he was while we were at work. When we got home it read 16 steps... okay so it probably wasn't entirely accurate, but still that's some serious inactivity. And I used to think I was lazy. When we first got him he was fast too... for about 30 seconds at a time he would tear off around the yard... ripping grass up as he slinked his way in circles at a blistering pace... the drumming of his paws on the ground and his patterned breathing reminded me of the sound of race horses on the track. Man I could use some of that running speed. But, now I think he's figured out his lively hood isn't all that dependent on his racing performances... in fact if he can manage to sit on command the wife and I gush over him like the proud parents that we are. His runs of late... are a bit like mine... nothing special and mostly devoid of speed. Maybe he's just trying not to show me up. So at this point I'd say he's more like a 15 mph couch potato... oh well we love him still... our dog. PWI

SP

I love greyhounds.  They are

I love greyhounds. They are so beautiful. I think that's funny that he would rather sit around all day instead of run. Precious thing deserves it now.

Working on a bottle of

Working on a bottle of Grenache tonight and happy to be home before 8pm. Sadly, I finished off the last bottle of old vine Zinfandel last night. After that I opened a bottle of Shiraz that I bought at a recent wine tasting. All I can figure is that I bought that bottle of Shiraz at the end of the evening (after a whole lot of tasting). It was awful! My cheap box of wine from Target is way better. I ended up pouring out the bottle, it was that bad.

Last year at this time I was out of work and stressed about a lack of income. Now I'm working 12+ hours a day and starting to think that last year was less stressful. :( The good news is that things should only continue at this pace for another month. The bad news is that things will continue at this pace for another month. I think I'll need more wine. Have a good night, all. I'm about to put the kids to bed and log back into work.

Peace,

Karen

I remember when you were

I remember when you were fretting being unemployed, and we felt bad for you, then you got a good job, and we felt happy for you. I'm so glad you have a good job now. I remember working 80+ hours a week at Delta for what seemed like would never end. I workd 96.5 hours in one week during one of the network migrations I was working on. I miss it, the job and the hours, AND I don't miss it, the job and the hours. So again, I feel for you 'cuz I can relate. It'll get better. Be grateful, as I know you are, and complain, as I know you have the right to. ;-)

When our middle son was born

When our middle son was born we timed the birth for Sept 1 so that Diane could return to her teaching job right away.

We missed by 10 days, but by mid September she felt like she wanted to be a full time stay at home mom.

She just could'nt leave him, even though our daughter was 8 by then.

We felt fortunate to be able to swing it financialy, so we raised him and his younger brother the old traditional way with Mom at home and we just did without the extras we had gotten used to.

At some point she felt the need to return to teaching, and was very upset at not working outside the home.

She started back with subbing, then 1/2 time permanent position, then 6/10 time , and until last spring 7/10 time.

She loved it, and was so happy to be back to teaching/working outside the home.

The current economy brought changes to the district, and her choice for this year was either no job or full time, divided between two schools. She's a special ed teacher, so each school has it's own requirements they want met, their own meetings, etc. Also, they split her work day between both schools, even though the mid day drive between them makes it so inefficient.

She's now tearing her hair out, I have'nt seen her so stressed since she had no work!

Curriculum night at TWO schools, two principals, two sets of meetings, etc.

It's good to work, but it's rare when the job and workload is just perfect.

She had achieved that level with her last 7/10 time position, and loved every minute of it.

Fridays off, and Monday afternoon off as well. ONE school to deal with. PRICELESS!

Sadly I believe that the new model for MOST of us will be either unwanted unemployment, or stressed out over-work.

To bad we can't just roll our own job exactly how we want it!

DISCLAIMER:

I'm self employed, and do just that. It's very rare these days though.

Here with wine... trying to

Here with wine... trying to deal with my job... Glorified Taxi-service for a 5 year old.

Oh well, as long as he doesn't call me "jeeves" and expects me to wear a peaked cap and a tie...

Hopefully next year I will go back, blinking and confused by the adult conversation, into the world of paid work.

Here with wine... trying to

Here with wine... trying to deal with my job... Glorified Taxi-service for a 5 year old.

Oh well, as long as he doesn't call me "jeeves" and expects me to wear a peaked cap and a tie...

Hopefully next year I will go back, blinking and confused by the adult conversation, into the world of paid work.

Now I remember why I find it hard to post here - the wine has made me see double!

KK, how'd you end up in the

KK, how'd you end up in the Michigan chapter?

LOL.....I'm planning a night

LOL.....I'm planning a night of cheap beer....but it is already late on this, my longest day of the week....however, I will not go to bed yet, as I have a "real" weekend that started at 7 PM tonight, and lasts until 8AM on monday :). I only get one "real" weekend a month (except those months where there are 5 weekends....of which October is...I'M SOOO psyched).....thing about owning your own (small) studio....no one else to teach for you....and saturday classes are popular....so I teach the first 3 fri. and sats....but take off the fourth....it's pretty cool, but I'm close to burn out when I get to this weekend of the month. SOOO I plan on being up for a few more hours, haveing more than a few more beers, and sitting on my ass all day tomorrow, anticipating the 10th and Final season premier of Smallville......I am a Whore for Superman....don't quite get it, as I am much more attracted to batman.....IF I couldn't get my hands on Janna of the wonder twins.....

ANYWAY...this is what this thread is about, right??

They don't have a Canuck

They don't have a Canuck chapter (due to North-side legal stuff) and as most people I knew who were part of BRS at the time resided in Michigan, I ended up there.

Now, where's the wine... should I head for a 3rd glass... I do have a long w/end, (well hubbie does), so I think I can get away with it.

Ahhhhh. So this is where

Ahhhhh. So this is where happy hour is? That's cool that this forum has such "specialty" threads.

Tomorrow's HIGH is forcast to

Tomorrow's HIGH is forcast to be 56 here in SOUTHERN Michigan.

Had to stock up on some cool weather brews, somehow Bud Light just didn't sound right for tomorrow night.

Sierra Nevada Torpedo, Sierra Nevada Tumbler, and Bells Two Hearted Ale.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts