PWI Nouveau

Don't get fooled by Mic

Don't get fooled by Mic Ultra's method of carb calculation.

Every calorie in beer is a carb, including the alcohol.

No beers have any protein or fat.

When the low carb craze came in along with it's concept of good vs bad carbs, AB decided to

go with it in their Ultra brand. Never mind that their own Bud Select had the same calorie/carb/%alcohol ratio as ANY beer on the market, they counted the carbs utilizing a different method and just figured the new way of calculating carbs would belong to Ultra and that they would promote it that way.

The TRUE carb equivelent of your 330 calorie/12 oz high test brew in Mic Ultras would be 3 1/3 cans of the stuff, not 12.

Stick with the calorie count and the real carbs will always be proportional.

Ultra's low carb claims are bogus, all 95 calorie beers have the same grams of carbs, as do all 150 calorie beers, etc.

Regular Bud is 5%, 145 calories.

Not so surprising that your robust find at 9.6% ABV packs in a whopping 330 KCAL! Just a wee bit higher proportionaly than the run of the mill stuff.

It figures my third post on

It figures my third post on the forums would be in the PWI thread...

Just opened up a bottle of Garrison Brewing Imperial IPA (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1879/38101)

Why's it in the Pub instead

Why's it in the Pub instead of commanding respect up in the top-shelf forum?

I know, because it's DO's meeting, and not MD's!

I get a kick out of "con" #2: "lack of padding might be uncomfortable".

Bad knees are uncomfortable

Bad knees are uncomfortable too.

Longboard wrote:Why's it in

Longboard said:
Why's it in the Pub instead of commanding respect up in the top-shelf forum?

I know, because it's DO's meeting, and not MD's!

I get a kick out of "con" #2: "lack of padding might be uncomfortable".

I actually did post it in main forum. I've never heard of that doctor. I just thought it sounded cool that barefoot running was mentioned in a halfway positive light?

Yeah thanks for bringing the

Yeah thanks for bringing the article to our attention.

I was just joking, normaly the Pub is for idle chit-chat nonsense and all that, the article was really good.

I was just say'n that it was too important for the Pub!

up late, taking tomorrow off

up late, taking tomorrow off classes, so having several Pale Ales :).....and enjoying thoughts of a 12 mile trail run tomorrow (might end up only doing half of it, depending on drive :)....but it got me thinking....many of us have run hung over, and probably several of us (guys more likely) have "accidentally" run drunk....but has anyone gone for a run drunk on purpose??? If so, how was it???

I've trained drunk (not in the school...on my own at my home) on purpose before, and I actually do learn stuff....and well, I've fought drunk, but that's not unusual LOL....just wondering, purposeful drunk running, as opposed to a hash, where one gets drunk while running....anyone???

Don't worry, I don't plan on running 12 miles tomorrow after getting sh(t faced. :-D

I know for a fact that I've

I know for a fact that I've gone to many P.T. formations at 6am totally hungover or quite probably still drunk. I can remember my commander always wanted to do a long run on Monday mornings after long weekends. He knew half of us were drunk from Friday night until Sunday evening (himself included!), and I think he got a kick out of seeing how many people he could get to throw up (himself included!).

FYI - Beer drinkers should know that Costco is now carrying Kirkland's Hand Crafted Beers. They're right next to the Gordon Biersch, so I would imagine that's who's making them for Kirkland. I haven't tried them yet, but the weekend starts tomorrow night.

Kirkland Craft Brews? What's

Kirkland Craft Brews? What's next, Sam's Choice IPA?

Cool, I'll check it out, thanks!

Uh some smaller brewery in

Uh some smaller brewery in California can't remember exactly where. Sorry I had to chime in, for $19 a case (24 bottles) they are actually an exceptional deal. And pretty tasty.

Jeepmonkey wrote:I know for a

Jeepmonkey said:
I know for a fact that I've gone to many P.T. formations at 6am totally hungover or quite probably still drunk.

When my son was a college freshman living in the dorm and an Army ROTC cadet, he would wake up at 5:00 a.m. in order to make it to PT in time, and the rest of the guys in the dorm were just about getting ready for bed if they had'nt yet passed out.

He should have stuck with it. Graduating a semester early this December, the Guard is starting to look good to him.

Just think of the money I would have saved and OCS free commision he would have received.

Stuck at home tonight.

Stuck at home tonight. Because of Halloween, I'm going to start with a bottle of Great Lakes Pumpkin Ale (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/73/27151) and probably going to follow that with a bottle of Dieu Du Ciel Peche Mortel (http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/1141/10325).

It's always best to drink at

It's always best to drink at home, Phil. Enjoy, and have a lil drink on me.

For tonight, and tonight

For tonight, and tonight only, sugar intoxication counts.

If you're going to do your kids a favor, YOU eat the sticky stuff, leaving the tooth-friendlier

chocolate for them.

I'm heading out, in OUR neighborhood they give the grown-ups cold beers!

Forget the sub-freezing forcasted temps, it's always fun even though our kids have temporarily outgrown it.

Do I wear socks or Pankas though?

For tonight, and tonight

For tonight, and tonight only, sugar intoxication counts. If you're going to do your kids a favor, YOU eat the sticky stuff, leaving the tooth-friendlier chocolate for them.

Now that's advice coming from a real live dentist there, folks!

Nate, not exactly running but

Nate, not exactly running but I did a paper route drunk once. I went straight from a party to work, not the best of plans as it turns out. Running up and down stair for four hours is anything but fun while you're drunk.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts