Mileage Reporting 39th week 2013

Sunday - 6.7 miles late in the evening just before dusk. Great Run! Totaled up the mileage I ran while camping for the last 2 weeks when I was unable to post due to no internet and ended up with 41.25 miles.

Monday - Had planned on a run after work but the rain moved in so decided not to run as it was quite late before the rain stopped and nearly dark.

Tuesday - Another run just before dusk. 6.25 miles. This time did vary my pace quite a bit as it just felt good. Also experimented taking longer strides. The longer strides were fun and does change my form somewhat. Wonder how far I could go taking longer strides and if I would develope blisters if my form is not up to par during the longer stride running. May experiment with this on an upcomming run. It really does increase my running speed and would like to try using this during some of the races I participate in but need to do some further experimenting with it first to make sure my feet and the rest of my body can handle it.

Today - Ran 6.25 miles on the hike/bike trail. The weather is definately starting to make running even more enjoyable with the cooler temps. Leg muscles are feeling slightly sore after todays run. Maybe cuz I didn't run quite as much while on the camping trip or maybe from the longer stride running the day before.

Sunday - 6.7 miles late in the evening just before dusk. Great Run! Totaled up the mileage I ran while camping for the last 2 weeks when I was unable to post due to no internet and ended up with 41.25 miles.

Monday - Had planned on a run after work but the rain moved in so decided not to run as it was quite late before the rain stopped and nearly dark.

Tuesday - Another run just before dusk. 6.25 miles. This time did vary my pace quite a bit as it just felt good. Also experimented taking longer strides. The longer strides were fun and does change my form somewhat. Wonder how far I could go taking longer strides and if I would develope blisters if my form is not up to par during the longer stride running. May experiment with this on an upcomming run. It really does increase my running speed and would like to try using this during some of the races I participate in but need to do some further experimenting with it first to make sure my feet and the rest of my body can handle it.

Today - Ran 6.25 miles on the hike/bike trail. The weather is definately starting to make running even more enjoyable with the cooler temps. Leg muscles are feeling slightly sore after todays run. Maybe cuz I didn't run quite as much while on the camping trip or maybe from the longer stride running the day before.
Nice mileage!! be careful with those sore muscles though:barefoot:

I left home for my morning run later than expected today.... consequence was that it was too warm already (21C/70F).... And I shortened my interval training by about 20' (still managed 9.9km/6.1mi), as the place I use for my intervals is very exposed (full sun, no shade at all)

Monday run at Tribble Mill park...2 laps around bigger lake on the paved trail. Started slow then a tempo mile then some med/slow mix pace...6 miles around 48 mins.

Today local roads in a light rain...one mile slow then mostly med pace with a few speedy surges...7.3 miles in about an hour. The Garmin has basically bitten the dust...the battery didn't even last 15 mins...time to replace the battery and/or get a new Gps watch.

ran nearly 5 miles in just over an hour. i took my dog out for just my warm up and cool down. he wasn't speeding up so i dropped him so i could focus on my form. trying to run using my glutes instead of quads.

Wednesday
One-mile walk-commute, carrying my incline sit-up bench to my office, then in the afternoon, one-mile run commute back home for my lats and midsection st workout. Good pump. The belly fat continues to come off, so I figure I better get more serious about my sit-ups, or my abs will fall behind the rest of my body in slowly coming into greater focus/higher definition. I'm starting to do crunches at my office as a break, along with some dynamic stretching/mobility stuff with my 10-lb ankle weights. It really helps me stay focused if I can get the blood flowing a couple times a day, so I'm killing two birds with one stone. I like the bench for doing oblique incline sit-ups.
WtInclineTwistingSitUpChest.gif

I'm starting to get a little TOFP in my left foot :eek: , so I blew off a longer run-commute back home. I thought I had it all worked out by bedtime, with lots of shin and arch massaging, but this morning it's still slightly there, so I hyper-cautiously blew off this morning's long run as well and just run-commuted straight to the office. I'll continue trying to work it out during the day and if I'm good to go by later afternoon, try to get in a little track work on my way home. It's always nice to run in the sun.

So looks like the jump up from 20-25 mpw to 30-35 mpw is catching up to me. Will have to be more vigilant with the stretching and massaging. . . . Also, right nipple a bit sore from the more frequent running. I'll have to get one of those creams or something (e.g., http://www.amazon.com/Bodyglide-Ori...ref=lh_ni_t?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1394B1K82XHSA). My Merino t-shirts have mostly been doing the job, but I guess the higher mileage is catching up to me on that front too.

late morning: little bitty gym workout. about 1.5 mi total in thin socks around the square track at the gym. Would do a few laps, then some sit ups, then a few more laps, then some other stuff on the balance ball, etc. A few weights.
Enchanting training nonchalance,
excellent exercise insouciance.
trying to run using my glutes instead of quads.
I use everything except my privates.

Did a short under 2 miler this morning. Bright bold stars winking at me like they have a big secret. Foolish low 70’s low humidity in the mid 40’s. Resting up for my big 8 on Saturday. Much more fun in the early dark morning with no traffics and fumes.

Happy camper

Well, no exercise for me lately, but Abby is here and mom and her are both doing well. Hoping to take my toddler out for a couple runs this week as we start to adjust to the sleepless nights. My wife and I are developing a good system at night which seems to help speed things up a bit so then we can get back to sleep sooner. Helps that we both are up doing things as one person can do one thing, such as change the diaper while the other gets a bottle ready or gets moved to the rocker with pillows propped up right for feeding time. She is a good little eater and pretty fast so as soon as she is done the one puts her back to bed while the other cleans bottle or themselves up. Finally had time also to finish the Dean Karnazes book I've been working on for the last year and a half, 50/50. Yay that means I can finally start a new book.

Great News Nick! Congratulations to you and your family.

Rick, awesome view of your running grounds and nice mileage. Shouldn't you be harvesting instead?:D
Ok I am just jealous that I haven't done any long runs as lately:( but I'll get to it sometime in the near future:barefoot:

Was able to time things just right between harvest operations. Boss gave me the day off and then I really worried her by being out on the trail longer then expected (always happens when finding new routes). Harvest is going on right now, no time to run but I got in 40 min of elliptical yesterday and self massage today. I get more sore servicing and running equipment then any exercise. I suppose I could sneak in a quickie run, but I'm not training for anything right now and like Abide, battling PF. Should wrap things up by weekend and in time for my next adventure.

ran nearly 5 miles in just over an hour. i took my dog out for just my warm up and cool down. he wasn't speeding up so i dropped him so i could focus on my form. trying to run using my glutes instead of quads.
This is interesting, ever since going barefoot my quads are hardly used and according to of how I feel after a good run my abs, glutes, calves and hammies do all the work. I think my quads have become lazy when running BF.

4 mi run early. bright half moon high in the sky, mist rising on the water and settled in the low fields. I finally heard owl calls this morning---a barred owl, I believe, in the distant trees along a wild area where the big power lines go. Also, a lone goose call from the lake, maybe mom trying to get the kids out of bed.
a few sit ups and weights. then got kids out of bed.

aww man! :rage:

how about a quick lesson then in how to quote with the person's name like you do??? :confused:

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7