Zems

Problem I think for many shoe

Problem I think for many shoe companies is dealing with China (usually), or whatever country they're using. Must create a marketing nightmare to know your promises can be voided by a fait accompli. I love to order teas from China and watched a whole documentary about the business end of tea exporting. I think most of us would throw our hands in the air and quit if we had to deal with that kind of mess. I think the word is "obdurate". Although I do agree that if you can't know for certain when something will actually be done, perhaps it is best to just flood the advertising when you see the ship on the horizon. :)

John T.

fetish4running wrote:I am so

fetish4running said:
I am so sick of shoe companies making promises they never keep. Doesn't anyone realize how horrible it is for business to over promise? They look like bafoons when they keep back-peddling all the time. A company like Soft Star really stands out when they quietly release a new shoe (like the Dash and the Moc3). They don't go on and on, raving about it and get you all excited and then yank the rug out from under you. That's the kind of company that gets my business!
Another reason to avoid shoes as much as possible.

Yes.  I don't doubt for a

Yes. I don't doubt for a minute that it must be frustrating. But if there are things that are out of your control, then you shouldn't make projections based on speculation! I've no doubt that they wish they could take orders for their new shoes, but wishing and doing are two very different things! Altra is doing the same thing with their Adams and Eves. Looks like a great shoe, but my goodness...stop with the promises of pre-orders and ship dates.

Matt wrote:Another reason to

Another reason to avoid shoes as much as possible.

[/quote]

Agreed completely Matt! I'll be looking for something to get me through this next winter though, and I was hoping for the Zem or the Altra.

lol well maybe they heard

lol well maybe they heard everyone complaining that they are coming out just when everyone can go barefoot again and decided to hold off till NEXT winter. I'm glad I ended up getting the minimus and not waiting around for the Zems and Altras or man I'd be annoyed. As it is I still would really like a pair of zems for the gym.

Hey Jimmy, any word on this

Hey Jimmy, any word on this from your peoples. They are saying midjuly on the website. I figure I'll be the impatient one to ask this time :-D

New info for you guys.  The

New info for you guys. The Pre-order process continues and are available in the ZEM online store here http://shop.zemgear.com/home/index/6944.0 Their goal is to have pre-ordered pairs sent out in the next two weeks so the day is close when these will be officially on the market. If I'm not mistaken this also around the time of the Outdoor Retailers show which I know ZEM is looking to have a big presence at...coincidence?

Either way these highly anticipated shoes (maybe i'm the only one still excitedly waiting) are almost here.

Thank you for the update,

Thank you for the update, Jimmy. I know you must have great satisfaction as hard as you've worked with them to educate them on a better running model and get the new lines out. Congrats!

I'm not even really

I'm not even really "anticipating" them any more, just annoyed because they are taking so long. I don't even want them for running anymore, I just want them for the gym and hanging out in. Plus bringing them with me to europe since they can double as running shoes and walking around in shoes all in a very tiny space, unlike the huaraches, which lets face it are a bit on the ugly side.

I've gone throught the

I've gone throught the frustration stuff too and I understand. I've known about these and have been working on getting them for a long time. I was brought in around the beginning of the idea stage so I've seen the 360 grow through the entire process. It's been frustrating for a lot of people but the time is near and I'm excited again.

Mattlock I think you already got the answer to your question if I read your comment correctly but I say go with what they say on the sizing. I go down for the half size to keep them snug on my foot, but I don't like a lot of movement in shoes so take that into consideration.

Just talked to a girl at Zems

Just talked to a girl at Zems and she said I should order a half size UP . Now I'm really confused as to what to order.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Did she say why you should go

Did she say why you should go up a half size? Was it based on any kind of preference on your end or just the standard recommendation she was making? ZEM made them true to size so they should be a fairly standard fit. I know a lot of people still have it in their minds that shoes need some "toe space" but I have never bought into that for any shoe and even less so in minimal shoes.

So I say unless she had some insider information she shared as to why you would want a half size up I would say go with what you would normally wear or base it off of how you like your shoes to fit.

Jimmy,Question for you.   In

Jimmy,

Question for you. In the past I bought the Zems (size XL). I wear a 11.5 so I am struggling with which size to get since the 360s are either 11 or 12.

Any suggestions? I assume a 12 would be best if they run true to size.

thanks

Matt

Well..it helps to read...the site says to order up for half sizes.....

Jimmy,I told her I wear an

Jimmy,

I told her I wear an 8,5 and after consulting someone else in the room she said to go UP a half. I was surprised.

When I called last year , they suggested down. So now I want to order and am thinking from what you have said I should probably go down a half size??????

The only thing I can think of

The only thing I can think of is they were giving you room in the shoe. Being a half saize is always tough when you're ordering online. If it were me I would go down but only if you like the ends of your toes to be touching or very near the end of the shoe. These shoes will be snug on your foot either way so that isn't a concern. I would go with how you like your shoes to fit length wise.

I would recommend going up. 

I would recommend going up. Our feet swell after about three miles of running, and you don't want your toes pressing into the toe box of any shoe.

I pre-ordered my H20s over

I pre-ordered my H20s over the weekend. Thanks for the heads-up, Jimmy! Their website says "outdoor use only" but based on what you've written here, I really think they will be the best for me to use for running and walking...and I was hoping they'd be good for casual use too. Is there any reason I SHOULDN'T wear them indoors?

none at all Beth.  What they

none at all Beth. What they did was create multiple versions for multiple uses (like a vff) so that you have options. The 360 is primarily for running but there is a more durable rubber at the heel to accomodate walking. The H20 has the toe and heel covering to allow you to endure different envitonments with a little more protection. The 02 is the only one I'd say is primarily for indoor use as it has the same style attachment to the sole where the upper meets the ground at times.

I think the H20 is probably the most well rounded version of ZEMs ever produced because of it's versatility. I'll be in the 360's a lot for many reasons but the H20 is one that I got to play with and give my input on last year and they decided to go with it after that. It's a good shoe and I think you'll happy with it.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7