Zems

For what it's worth I've had

For what it's worth I've had my 360s since mid August and I absolutely love them. I probably have 300+ miles on them with no issues. I can see a very very slight wearing in one spot right under the ball but shoe gooo will solve that issue for many more miles to come I am confident. At first I had a blister issue on the inside arch of my right foot but after it healed and a few band aids later, I have no more problems in that area. True, the construction isnt as durable as vibrams or even the Altra Adam ( I have both) but the 360s are still my absolute favorite running shoe. The Altra Adam is my second choice followed by a distant third VFFs-KSOs. I've run one road marathon in the 360s with zero issues and also so some very light trail/dirth path running. The ground feel just can't be beat. For my foot, medium width, the toe box provides plenty of room with the rest of the shoe being snug to my feet with personally is a key for me. I've tried Huaraches but I just don't like the loose feel of them and resulting tension that I experience in my foot when running in them. (that's just me I guess).

Just sharing my thoughts.

Matt

Thanks for your view Matt on

Thanks for your view Matt on the 360's. Hard to find any reviews on them. I am waiting to see if anyone got me a pair for xmas before I order any. They look like they would be near perfect for me.

Decided to take my original

Decided to take my original ninja Zems for a spin today. Tried them on a 1-mile run once, when I first got them a year and a half ago. They've been sitting in my closet ever since. Well...I LOVED them (until blew out my foot [see Ask the Docs]). Was really enjoying having that much ground feel on this lovely 20*F morning.

After today's 5+ miles, the wrapped-under fabric is already showing wear.

So... decided to take the plunge and order the 360s, just for grins.

(On SALE - today, 12/10, only + 5% off coupon code from retailme.not)

(No subject)

img_1647.jpg

I couldn't figure out how to

I couldn't figure out how to add text to my picture.

Anyway, I got these a few weeks ago and have only worn them about 3 times. I am a little disappointed that they show wear and are cracked at the end and also at the ball of the foot.

I am going to call Zems and ask about it.

Other than that. The 360s are nice. I can wear them with Sealskinz and a heater pack on my toes. This way I get good ground feel, feet stay dry and my toes stay warm. ( I have Raynauds).

That's the scoop.

Still haven't taken my 360s

Still haven't taken my 360s for a run yet (due to a foot that's out of commission). But, am initially disappointed.

The bands are much much much too tight over the top of my foot (closest to the ankle) - and this is an area where I have a low tolerance for any sort of pressure. (In comparison, my original Zems feel just fine.)

I sized them based on experience with the original Zems and info provided on the site - I think they may be a bit short. If nothing else, the bulky "seam" at the toe is quite annoying. I feel as if I'm almost stepping off the edge of the sole. Yet, it seems if I went up a size, then I'd be left with a flap up front (waiting to catch on sidewalk cracks).

And, given all this and the quality issues that others (now Peanut) have been experiencing, I'm just not sure it's worth the expense and hassle to go through the whole return process - throwing good money after bad.

I really like my original Zems (now that I've tried them) and was hoping this would be a step up in terms of providing more road-worthy durability... but not at the expense of comfort!

I have to agree. If they

I have to agree. If they dropped the price 20 dollars it would be better. Paying 40 dollars for shoes that I occasionally have to super glue back together wouldn't bother me quite as much a 60. I think they are going to be relegated to gym shoes now that I have the Altras. I think I prefer the zems thinness and flexibility what I'm going to think of the Altra's but at least I shouldn't have to worry about them falling apart.

You three have just talked me

You three have just talked me out of ordering a pair of the 360's. I didn't get any for Christmas like I had hoped and asked for but now I don't know that I want to waste my money.

I do have to agree with all

I do have to agree with all of you, I am quite disappointed in the 360's, I had used the original version last winter and quite enjoyed them for running on snow and ice (yes the durability was a bit of a issue when I hit gravel and lots of asphalt but to be expected), they lasted me for almost 4 months of cold Canadian winter running.

I got the 360's this year in both the split toe and the full toe box and for the most part have been disappointed by the performance. The full toe box pair has been the worst, my wife and I (we both wear the same size) used them for about 10 to 15 miles and the tread was already starting to separate and showing signs of wear. I do not like the fit at all, my feet are on the narrow side and my feet feel like they are flopping around inside, so I do not like running in them at all. The tech bands do not hug and relax like the original line so I feel like I am wearing a floppy water shoe.

The split toes have faired much better on the sole and I am probably close to 50 miles with no showing or wear but I do not like the fit quite as much as the original split toe for the same reason as above, they do not hug my feet so they seem loose on my foot. Also for some reason the seam at the split toe location seems to bother my feet so I have to wear injinis in them. This is completely different the original line as well. Keep in mind I have no problem normally with the split toe feel as my everyday shoe are VFF KSO's.

The other kicker is the price tag up north of the border, $90.00 plus is way to steep for these, I seriously wouldn't want to pay more than $45.00 for them with what I have seen, and then I would need to see some improvement.

I've been getting messages

I've been getting messages about my thoughts on the 360's and I haven't said much about them in a long time for a reason. I was involved with the creation of the 360 and what was originally conceptualized was great. The early samples that I tried were great. I'd go as far, and I did actually, as to say that they were the best minimal shoe ever created. I was proud of them because they were ideal. The problem with shoes is that sometimes limits get put on the process. Creation is easy but production and manufacturing can be more difficult which is what happened to the 360.

They should be crazy durable but I'm hearing how they aren't. The original designs durable were but limitations happened and sadly I don't think the 360 turned out to be what it should have been which is extremely disappointing for me. Is it still a good minimal shoe? Very much so but I don't think it's as durable as it should be and hearing people complain about seams that weren't supposed to be there drives me crazy. I think the 360 is close but it needs to have some things polished and refined.

If you want durable with a good ground feel I'd go with Altra as I think they are the closest anyone's gotten. Their shoes have issues too but nothing major as far as I've found. The issues there are mostly small and semi annoying and pretty much every issue I had with the Adam has worked itself out as the shoe broke in.

I must say, The Zems people

I must say, The Zems people are the absolute BEST EVER. I won't say why but these folks are just nice and they are concerned about their products!

I do really like the 360. I have very wide feet and Raynaud's. It is a joy to be able to run with good road feel barefoot fashion when it is cold. I think they are going to work on the 360 composition and would almost bet that by next year they have a more durable product. Don't give up on them.

Peanut

I was thinking today I maybe need to take back some of my negativity on these little guys. So yes the plastic around the toe needed to be glued back on after a mere 10 or 20 miles, but after that they've been pretty great. They are still awful in water but with that exception I do love them. I've now probably put a few hundred miles on them and they have held up great except for that stupid toe area where I occasionally have to glue it back on. None of the seams are busting out though, and they look basically new since they clean up wonderfully. I run in them more than anything else, including lately my bare feet because I get cold too easily. Unless I'm headed out to the really rocky fireroads, or it has been raining out these are my go to shoes and they are probably worth the money. The company still totally needs to fix the issues before releasing the next version, I just think I was too harsh on them in my previous posts.