Zems

Hiya Jimmy,I was thinking of

Hiya Jimmy,

I was thinking of getting a pair of H2O's for my kung fu training as there is a fair bit of pivoting, turning etc and figured the 360's would have a little too much grip for that. What is the grip like on the heel and toe cap of the H2O? Is it very grippy?

The toe and heel caps on the

The toe and heel caps on the H20's arent grippy per se. You are right that the 360 would be too grippy as the rubber used is stickier than the average rubber. For your kung fu training the H20 should be fine but if you're looking for an indoor shoe for kung fu I'd either go with an original version or the 02's. I could see the 02 doing well as a mat shoe.

Unfortunately a fair bit of

Unfortunately a fair bit of my training is done on concrete due to some classes having more people than the training area can cope with! Inside school, on the floor area the mats don't cover, the concrete is smooth-ish painted stuff but outside it is your standard sort of rough car park concrete. That's why I'm not too keen on the O2's or originals as I've heard so much about the originals wearing through pretty quickly, particularly because of the way the upper is joined to the sole. Hopefully the H2O's toe and heel cap will give them a bit of extra durability without being too grippy. At $50 it's not too much to risk anyways.

So I've got a couple

So I've got a couple questions. First of all, how thick are the soles on the zems? I'm not seeing any measurments on their website. I'm interested specifically in the 360. I don't really like running in shoes, but the state mandates that I wear something for Cross-Country, so these are looking like my best bet.

Second, with the pre-order thing, about when should I expect to be getting my shoes? Obviously they're still behind on orders, which is great for business, but I would like to get them soon.

3rd, why do their size charts include size 13, but their order page doesn't list it as an option? I think the 12 would probably get painful after a while, since I've only been wearing huaraches for a year. Can anything be done about that?

edit:Wait a minute, they have 13 for round toe, but not for ninja. So I'm not allowed to get the split toe? Thats no fun.

edit2:Okay, apparently the option is only missing for the blue ones, which I happen to want. Thats stupid. I'm going to email them.

Answer 1. At it's thickest

Answer 1. At it's thickest the sole is around 5mm under the ball of the foot. That's where the more durable Gecko rubber is. This makes it the same thickness as VFFs KSO but it's also still really flexible because it's only that thick where the extra rubber is. I believe it's 2mm everywhere else.

Answer 2. The pre-orders should be going out now I believe so you shouldn't have to wait too long to get them.

As for the other stuff it sounds like you answered those questions already and I have no idea why the blue is being limited in szing right now...sorry

I pre ordered the last week

I pre ordered the last week of July. I was a little bummed because I thought they were 49 but when I went to preorder the price was 54.99 plus shipping so it came to 62.48. But I ordered them anyway. Oh well.

Peanut, yes, I also noticed

Peanut, yes, I also noticed the price went up $5 from what the website had said originally. I was bummed at the shipping cost too. Still...cheaper than VFFs and most other non-sandal min shoes. :)

Beth, Cute pic. My

Beth, Cute pic. My grandaughter who is 6 has run 2 5ks this year. The last one she won 1st place in the 13 and under boys and girls!!! It is going to be so much fun for you as your kids get older!!!!

I've removed the butt ad,

I've removed the butt ad, since ZEM changed affiliate programs and the artwork they have for advertising from the new affiliate program is of poor quality, blurry, tiny, hard to read. I will wait until they add ads that represent the 360 line. Jimmy, if you could help facilitate this, speed this up, I would appreciate it.

We have a new ZEM ad on the

We have a new ZEM ad on the site. No more girl bootie! Yeah! Instead...

Jimmy, when are the ZEMs going to be available?

All, be sure to order yours through the ad on our site. It adds nothing to the price, but the BRS gets a portion of the sale. All funds go to your club!

Got this letter from ZEM in

Got this letter from ZEM in my email box!

Thank you for your preorder!

We wanted to keep in touch and I have some great news. Our initial shipments are arriving from the factory. After a few days, we will begin shipping out our new collections. We hope to start shipping out early next week.

The items look great. We know many of you have waiting a long time to receive our new products. We thank you deeply for keeping up and placing your orders.

We will be shipping out the orders in the order they are received. Although we anticipate being able to meet almost all of our preorders, a few may go into backorder. Some colors like Black/Black are extremely popular! Please feel assured that you have not lost your position in line. We are shipping all products by order of order date and time.

If you have any questions about preorders please email myself at [email protected] (preorders only, for general customer service please email [email protected], for order questions, please contact Shopatron - their information is on your receipt or at Shopatron.com). I will try to get you an answer as soon as possible.

Thanks again and welcome to the ZEMtribe! Our new collection only further heightens the ZEMsation your feet will feel!

Thank you,

Eric Cestero

eCommerce and Customer Support Manager

ZEMgear, LLC.

Less Shoe, More YOU!

See there!  Less shoe, More

See there! Less shoe, More you! Now there's a great slogan!

ok so 350 replies is a lot to

ok so 350 replies is a lot to dig through so I'l ljsut ask:

Does anyone have any idea how the 360's or O2's hold up in winter/snow?

Last winter I used trail gloves for everything involving snow and for much of my cold weather running (although I did get in quite a few barefoot miles when it was dry out). However, they have a feel so much like a "normal" shoe that they tend to alter my gait more than I would like, so I'm looking into potential options for this winter's training (marathon training starts in december!). I need to handle cold down to around 0F and plenty of snow/slush along with plenty of miles!

if you're looking for

if you're looking for something to keep your feet dry the ZEM isn't going to do it. It's a 4-way lycra material so it's thick and still breathable but will absord water. I have run in them in the show and rain and my feet never had any issues with it but I wasn't all the way down to zero on the thermometer. The lowest I can claim in mine is about 30 degress in some slushy snow. Perhaps if you wore a pair of water resistant socks you'd have something really great because even in the cold and wet my feet never felt cold and I enjoyed wearing them. The ground feel is better in the 360 than in your trail gloves though.

Is there still a seam around

Is there still a seam around the edges where the fabric meets the sole? I loved these for awhile but developed a nerve irritation at the seam, so I gave up on them.

that's exactly what I needed

that's exactly what I needed to know guys! thanks! good to know they can get down to around a wet 30F with no heat issues. I'd be curious to see how they did wet in colder weather, but maybe the water resistant socks would make it a non-issue. good food for thought! I know my VFF Flows did just fine in the extra cold temperatures last winter (I wore those before I got my TGs) and all they are is 2mm of neoprene, which is pretty much a sponge too so maybe it wouldn't be too much of a problem for me (I seem to have a pretty high tolerance for cold temps).

last winter I used the trail gloves with a pair of smartwool socks and found myself overstriding a lot which really stressed out my ankles, which is why I'm hunting for something closer to BF for this winter (although the TG's had great traction in snow, I must admit!). Sounds like I may need to at least have a good hard look at some of these for the winter, assuming I have any kind of footwear budget over the fall ;)

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test