Zems

Anything released after April

Anything released after April is too late, in my book. Winter is nearly past and the need for shoes becomes less and less each day. I sure wish the Altras and the Zems had come out in Nov/Dec!

I'm not only a cold weather

I'm not only a cold weather wimp, I'm a surface wimp--so I'll use them at least part-time no matter what time of year since some of my running is on surfaces that for me aren't BF friendly.... Look forward to hearing more. Thanks, Jimmy!

I hear you fetish but the

I hear you fetish but the truth is that the purely bare runner is a small portion of the market so releasing a shoe at any time of year will still bring in good revenue if it's a good product. The majority of the runners out there want shoes, like shoes, and even need shoes so the minimal shoe is going to stay in a growing demand. More and more runners are wanting try the "barefoot" thing but think that a shoe is what will do that for them.

I'm actually looking most

I'm actually looking most foward to these as "gym" shoes. I'm just not willing to deal with the hassle of going bf or wearing huaraches in the gym. Alot of my students go there and I don't want them to think I'm too strange, and I don't want to fight with the gym people. The zems solve that problem for me even if I don't end up likeing them for trails or normal running, which at this point I don't think I will. I go to the gym all year so I'm pretty ok with them coming out as soon as possible.

Jimmy Hart wrote:More and

Jimmy Hart said:
More and more runners are wanting try the "barefoot" thing but think that a shoe is what will do that for them.

I find this statement TRUE, but disappointing... No offense to you Jimmy. The shoe addiction continues. I actually think the minimal shoe thing will peak in 2011 and will only last a couple years. It would be nice if I am wrong. I am sticking with my bare feet.

No offense taken Deviant.  I

No offense taken Deviant. I disagree though and think that it's the opposite of what you think. Shoes are here to stay as our society has become highly germaphobic and the average person fears allowing their bare feet to touch the ground that other people have touched. They will however soon desire to get out of overly thick shoes as the science will show they aren't the best thing for you. This will lead them to minimal shoes and the market will become more minimal than anything else with cushioning taking the back seat.

It won't happen anytime soon but it's already started, just look at all the new minimal shoes being put to market this year and that will continue to grow each year for the forseeable future.

Jimmy Hart wrote:I hear you

Jimmy Hart said:
I hear you fetish but the truth is that the purely bare runner is a small portion of the market so releasing a shoe at any time of year will still bring in good revenue if it's a good product. The majority of the runners out there want shoes, like shoes, and even need shoes so the minimal shoe is going to stay in a growing demand. More and more runners are wanting try the "barefoot" thing but think that a shoe is what will do that for them.

I forgot that important point, Jimmy and you're right. Just because I do it, doesn't mean the rest of the population does!

true.. and even if I run pure

true.. and even if I run pure bare most of the warmer months around home, when I travel and even certain places locally, I can see wearing shoes.. and if the ZEMs fit well, I could see 2 pairs- one of the running ones and one of the other styles for wearing to work.. I think it was the 02 I was looking at in the pre-release pics as being more suited.. though I'll buy the running ones first and see how they fit and wear.. then get a second pair later..

Bump to keep this thread on

Bump to keep this thread on the first page!

And please oh please tell me they are coming sometime soon!
regular_smile.gif

Thanks for the bump PK  I

Thanks for the bump PK :) I literally just got this info so here you go. The new ZEMs are planned for pre-sale around the end of this month. That would put them on shelves and on feet around the first of June. Sounds like a loooong time doesn't it? I thought the same thing and then realized I'll still be running then and here in Texas the ground will be crazy hot by then so I can deal with that.

As always I will keep you guys posted as I get info.

The plan is to be able to get

The plan is to be able to get ZEMs at a store just like any other shoe and they have the people in place working hard on that. That is actually part of the reason for the delay of the release of the shoe. There are three new models being launched which is a big undertaking in itself but to build and expand the company to be more than an online company isn't the easiest thing to do. I have no info on what stores or anything like that but that is the goal.

PK....cold in June? Really...that's when we're really starting to cook.

I'll have to watch for them

I'll have to watch for them and decide, I love my Pure gloves for work, but they are still more sole than I want for running, though I am using them when its not appropriate to run bare (umm.. snow last night.. I plan on running this AM and no cold tolerance build up in my feet yet).. and to keep up distances while I build up my soles on rougher surfaces than my treadmill (MI roads and trails)

Unless the new Zems are about

Unless the new Zems are about $20, I doubt that I'll be buying them. I just find that aquasocks are much better in terms of Winter weather. But my wife is interested in Zems. She's not about to go barefoot, but she is interested in something very minimalist.

I mentioned it a little while

I mentioned it a little while ago but it is confirmed. The three new models of ZEMs will be pre-ordering in May with shipping in the first of June. The three models are as follows:

ZEM 360-running shoe- 2.5 ozs, feels and fits like original ZEMs with a more durable sole and updated pattern in the tech bands for better molding fit to the foot. Price: $59.90

H2O Water Sport Series- Same upper style as the original with a heel tab, lower ankel collar, and toe cap. Druable non skid sole. Good outdoor shoe, Price: $49.9

O2 All Sport Series- Abrasion resistant sole made from recycled materials with the original upper. Designed for running, sand sports, gym workouts and everything in between. 2.5ozs, Price: $49.9

Thanks for updating us,

Thanks for updating us, Jimmy. I actually gave up my Zems a long time ago, because the seam was causing a little nerve inflammation problem on the side of my foot. I am very much looking forward to the running styles.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7