Zems

The sad thing about the time

The sad thing about the time it takes to get things to market (Zems, Skora, Merrells, etc.) is that I sort of hate my current shoes & don't want to wait or miss out. With no shoe money, I'll probably get whatever is on the market & fits when my birthday rolls around (end of Feb.) I got to try on some VFF KSOs at mainerunning.com, & I think that's gonna be it... but I can't help but wonder if some of the stuff still in development would work better for winter. By the time they're available, I'll be ditching the shoes for summer!

tell me about it..  I am

tell me about it.. I am coming out of 8 months of unemployment, so $$ are tight, but I NEED a shoe to wear outside as MI winters and true barefoot running are a failure.. So I am hoping that when I catch up on bills enough to pay for a pair of shoes the best ones for me will be out.. unfortunately, it seems no one is carrying anything but VFF around here.. though one of the stores said they'd be getting in the Merrell's and another the New Balance's.. none of the others were even in the shopkeepers minds..

khyricat wrote:tell me about

khyricat said:
tell me about it.. I am coming out of 8 months of unemployment, so $$ are tight, but I NEED a shoe to wear outside as MI winters and true barefoot running are a failure.. So I am hoping that when I catch up on bills enough to pay for a pair of shoes the best ones for me will be out.. unfortunately, it seems no one is carrying anything but VFF around here.. though one of the stores said they'd be getting in the Merrell's and another the New Balance's.. none of the others were even in the shopkeepers minds..
Minimalist shoes don't have to be expensive. I'm as frugal as they come. I've found that aquasocks can run anywhere from $5 to $20, and they've allowed me to keep my barefoot form through the worst that Winter can throw at me.

It's your form that is important, not the shoes.

thanks. I am keeping form by

thanks. I am keeping form by running indoors instead of out. Just want the ability to go out and haven't found a place with aquasocks or anything similar to try on.. I am going to look more this week.

So what's the latest

So what's the latest Jimmy?

Been waiting for BRS to be back up and running so I could ask you!

Much thanks in advance for any info you can share.(and of course no hard feelings if you've got none to share! haha
regular_smile.gif
)

I do have some to share in

I do have some to share in fact. The shoes are very near release my friend. I don't have an exact date as I will be finding that out on a call with ZEM tomorrow but they also have some other models coming out at the same time that I think will be great minimal shoes. I got to try all of these models, minus one, at the Running Event and give my input on what I thought would be best to improve them. Some of them they were not thinking of releasing but after I got to run around in them I said they had to develop and produce them. The crazy part is they listened! I will update with actual concrete info as soon as I can but go to their site www.zemgear.com and you can see pics of the new shoes.

Will there be a new ad for us

Will there be a new ad for us to display, one without all the hiney? Sorry guys, but I just can't look at that any longer. Puke.

I'm with you, TJ.  Also, I'm

I'm with you, TJ. Also, I'm intrigued by the new Zems. I wonder what the price will be and how much they weigh? But by the time they come out, it won't matter cuz it'll be barefootin' time.

I've seen the pics of the new

I've seen the pics of the new shoes. Look good and I'm glad they will have a running specific and more "general" model. I reckon the general model might do well for kung fu. I just hope they release them soon..........or at least mention the price!

I may have missed this in the

I may have missed this in the thread, but how is the width on the Zems? I have very wide feet - size 9 womens but over 4 inches wide. Would these be comfortable?

fetish4running wrote:how much

fetish4running said:
how much they weigh?

The ZEM website describes the 360s (running version) as "2oz of ZEM for the Barefoot Running and Training Community."

If they're really that light, that's fantastic and exciting. The Merrell Women's Barefoot Pace Glove is listed at 4.7 oz. per shoe; the Altra Eve is listed at 4.5 oz. per shoe. (Those just happen to be the three I'm considering though the Merrell is the only one currently available.)

I can say that is correct on

I can say that is correct on the weight of the 360. I've had them on my feet and it felt like a typical ZEM to me except you could tell the sole was a little more durable with it's rubber sole versus the one they have now.

I can also tell you they will be out in a month or so. I don't have exact dates yet but the words a month or so were used.

Beth I can tell you I really like the Altras. I have some and they are a great shoe. A lot more substantial than the ZEMs but still great. In fact I would say if you took the KSO and put all the toes together you would be very close to the Altra Eve.

I really like my Vibrams but

I really like my Vibrams but they definitely felt heavy when I first wore them because I'd gotten used to my Zems. (I got holes in my Zems very quickly.) If the new ones feel mostly like the old ones...wow, there's a good chance that's the direction I'll go. I'm excited to read more feedback from people that get them once they're out...if I can wait for the feedback before I purchase. :-D

Anyone know how much the 360

Anyone know how much the 360 Zems will cost? I am hoping the price doesn't go way up just because they will be "running shoes".

That's my fear too, Peanut. 

That's my fear too, Peanut. Call it a "running shoe" and sky is the limit for price. At least it's warming up...who needs shoes when my bare feet are so much cheaper!

Are they planning on shipping

Are they planning on shipping the zems to actual stores, where we can try them on? I'd really like to be able to try these on and compare them to the Merrells and when the Altra's come out those and see which I like best before buying them. Plus my shoe size is sort of changing so ordering off the internet makes me nervous.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS

Latest posts