Misleading User Names? - Contains Offensive language to some.

Chaserwilliams

Barefooters
Dec 15, 2010
Ive noticed an odd phenomenom with Barefoot and Minimalist runner's user names.... It seems that theres alot of "Barefoot(insert name here)" people. I dont have a problem with it as I know alot of these people actually DO run barefoot. But everyonce in awhile there comes along something like a "Barefoot Mike" and BFMikes first post is something like the following... "Hey fellow barefooters! My names Mike, and Im from Nantucket. Ive been running exclusively barefoot in Vibrams and Merrell trail gloves for trails and Nike Frees for roads for almost 6 months now. This barefoot running has really improved my health!" Or something along those lines.. It seems to me that his name should have been something like "Minimally Shod Mike" or "Minimal Mike" instead of "Barefoot Mike"... Just a thought! It would be like me naming myself "Best Behavior Chaser", it just aint right.

Reactions: Zephyr
PC ChaserCouth

PC Chaser

Couth Chaser

Sophisticated Chaser

I don't triple post just for the post count Chaser

I've never understood the whole barefoot thing either.

On the other hand there are

On the other hand there are user names like mine that stem from a user name I started using back in the late nineties. I am not Hispanic or Latino, but there is some Spanish background in there (along with a few other Mediterranean offerings). On the other hand, Spanish is my second language, but maybe it is time for a different handle.

Gracia y paz,

Aaron

Abide wrote:pC ChaserCouth

Abide said:
PC Chaser

Couth Chaser

Sophisticated Chaser

FYP Abide.

By the way, if I remember correctly putting 'Barefoot' in front of one's name came from a practice over on Ken Bob's forum. In order to do so, I believe, one had to run a proper marathon (i.e. not just the distance but an actual race) to acquire the epithet. If such a thing is to be brought back... well, I'm not going to police it. Nevertheless, I completely agree with Chaser's original point.

Well, I am going out for a 2.69 mile minimalist run now, please excuse me.

So what would the

So what would the pre-requsite be for having "Boobie" infront of your user name...?

I do like the idea of having to earn the "Barefoot" in the name. Thats pretty legit!

Alejandro, everytime I read your name I think of that Lady Gaga song.... lol!

My name is... Well... My name.

The first time I heard that

The first time I heard that song a friend sent me a link to listen to it. I'm not up on pop-culture and was convinced it was a new Madonna single.

Yeah, I agree about earning the title, but I'm not sure I'd want to be Barefoot Aaron or Barefoot Alejandro 10... Most people I meet think I am unusual enough to not need the extra emphasis. :)

So, what?!  Like I don't

So, what?! Like I don't deserve it? Like I didn't earn it? KMA!

Oh, here's the smiley. 

Oh, here's the smiley. ;-)

Barefoot TJ wrote:So,

Barefoot TJ said:
So, what?! Like I don't deserve it? Like I didn't earn it? KMA!

Don't tempt me... it upsets my wife.
lol.png

Maybe it is like when us

Maybe it is like when us short dudes go by Too Tall or whatever... On twitter it was going around that #barefoot does not work anymore because so many people mean minimalist so people are using #withoutshoes. Of course #barefoot has a lot of foot fettish people and and #withoutshoes has a lot of charities to get people in 3rd world countries into shoes.

Someone needs to declare a

Someone needs to declare a requirement for the moniker. I committed the same crime when I signed up and I havn't ran a single mile barefoot. It sounds like a great goal for newcomers. I hope it's not run a marathon though. I think I'm going to stick to 1/2s. Mabey some kind of total mileage barefoot.

Personally I kind of like the

Personally I kind of like the addition of 'Barefooting', and I think I have earned it, with a bunch of marathons and ultras completed barefoot under my belt. Hopefully everybody does not mind. ;-)

Bob you're a canadian who

Bob you're a canadian who runs barefoot in the snow and in terrible weather conditions. You've earned it in my eyes. Me personally, I'm just happy being me although I seem to be getting closer and closer to being barefoot most of the time. I do have friends now who call me "the barefoot Weave" (Army friends) or "my crazy barefoot friend"(civilian friends) but I'm not one to call myself barefoot anything. Heck, I'm still trying to learn from all of you on here.

I dont think its a problem,

I dont think its a problem, as long as you do run BF.

Dick gets it! Dick was going to call himself "BarefootDick", but didnt, because Dick hadnt been fully exposed yet and was always wearing a protective covering, which kept Dick from feeling the true pleasurable sensation of running barefoot. Hopefully with our help Dick will free himself of his protective caccoons and be unashamed when he proudly declares that he is uncovered Dick, and he will run however he wants no matter what the general public thinks of him!

I support Dick!

Just to clarify, Im

Just to clarify, Im refrencing "Neilhauss" in my above post.

anyone on this site,

anyone on this site, excluding bf bob, must send me $5000 to begin the certification process to be called bf anything. i need and 10 reference letters as well as all photos of racing bf. from there will be the interview process and the final $2000 fee to recieve your plaque and title to be called " barefoot.........".

thank you. just contact me for further info.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7

Latest posts