Misleading User Names? - Contains Offensive language to some.

I couldn't resist.

I couldn't resist.

Thank you TJ, but shouldnt

Thank you TJ, but shouldnt the thong be red, since his name is Lava?

I got the zebra print.

I got the zebra print.

Well unless I move out of

Well unless I move out of Ohio I guess my names safe.

I try to pick something applicable to the particular subject of the forums or use something I have used for a long time. I'm on probably 20+ forums (active probably only on 6 or 7 now) some of them 10yrs now. I've used everything from my character names from online gaming back in college 'mInDtrIP', to twists on my electronics background like DI?D? on technical forums or KC2EBM which is my ham radio liscense, and Adirondackiteer on backpacker.com (a combo of the Adirondacks where I grew up and mountaineer). On some tractor forums I am oIHo and no ohio isnt misspelled its actualy the headlights of a tractor with the International Harvester symbol between em. Just happens to look like the state too.

But I just couldnt come up with anything cool for here. And it seemed like it was hard to tell where most folks were from (when I was just a lurker for a few months) since this forum doesnt post your location by your avatar, so I decided to include that in my name. Then I realized subscribing to a chapter kinda gave that info to.

Barefoot YOW

Barefoot YOW said:
Chaserwilliams said:
So what would the pre-requsite be for having "Boobie" infront of your user name...?

Chaser, I'd say you'd need to have a uterus.

OR "MAN BOOBS"

I think a good set of man

I think a good set of man boobs would justify a dude using "Boobies Jason' and what not. I'd set the bar at a small "C" cup.

As far as the "Barefoot" thing, the decorum over at Ken Bob's group was pretty clear- you had to earn it by actually doing something significant barefoot. I never adopted it (aside from Twitter- LPJ didn't work) because I cross-posted in ultra forums a lot. They didn't take me seriously as BFJ. Oddly, LPJ gave me some 'cred. Figure that one out.

I'm curious, what did they

I'm curious, what did they consider significant?

@Chaser - you ruined it.  I

@Chaser - you ruined it. I was going to be Barefoot Dick until I read your post (since Barefoot Rick is already taken). Barefoot Richard is to formal and Barefoot Rich would be inaccurate. Barefoot Poor would fit me better, I have certainly earned that title.

Seriously, requirements for the title are unnecessary. Guys like "Barefoot Mike" will not last long. Call yourself whatever makes you happy. A catchy user name does add a touch of personality.

The only question I have is what people want to be referred to in a post. Do I call you by your user name or search for a post where you use your real name?

@Tristan - I didn't know tractor forums existed. I'll have to check it out. I like your tractor user name oIHo. I have two older Internationals. If the requirement in that forum is to own a tractor, I could be John Deere Rick. (probably already taken)

Rick

If I joined a tractor forum

If I joined a tractor forum my user name would be Tracktor Beamer.

or Unwheeled Ramzev.

or Trucktor Frucktor.

or Pull My Plower.

or Plowing Fields.

Please, just call me

Please, just call me Chaser......

I hate it when people come up

I hate it when people come up with some sort of stupid metrics for what adjective a person can use. I'm not talking about people in shoes calling themselves barefoot - that is just lying. But saying they have to "do something significant." It reminds me of when I was hanging with the punk rocker kids in 8th grade and if you did something they did not like they'd say "ohh man that is not punk." Or when someone says a lapdance is cheating. Who are you to tell me... wait. Anyhow. If you are barefoot I say call yourself that... if Maybe others can be SignicantlyBarefootJoe or whatever.

Don't forget though, Barefoot

Don't forget though, Barefoot Jason, how the I am a Barefoot Runner video made you a rock star!

Rick, there are forums for

Rick, there are forums for absolutely everything. I bet the folks on tractor forums dont have any clue barefoot running forum exists either! Another unusual one is hearth.com, a forum for wood stoves and the like, I am a regular there and there are actually several sub forums and hundreds of usuals.

About the tractors I dont have any farm scale stuff myself - my family does - actually both my moms side and also my inlaws are big time farmers, and though they have quite a variety of brands they have more IH than anything else including some nice antique letter series up through a pair of everyday workhorse 1466's. We just have a couple acres, so garden tractors work well, and I have 3 running old IH cubs right now. Its amazing how usefull these small and 30-40 yr old machines are. I have a whole shed full of implements, and still on the lookout for a loader and some other stuff. Can't talk about my tractors without a few pics to so here goes. I've got a pair of 129's (1973) and a 1000 from the mid 70's.

Still would like a small farm tractor like a Ford 8n-600, or a IH 100-200 etc, and maybe a A/B/C just for show ;)

Sorry for the derailment.

TJ, could we possiblly get a

TJ, could we possiblly get a link to said barefoot runner video?

I thought for sure anyone

I thought for sure anyone who's been running barefoot for awhile has seen that video. It calls out Barefoot Jason as one of the gurus of BFR. The first time I heard that, no offense Jason, I cracked up. I was a bit tickled, it was so sweet.

Nice photos Tristian.  It's

Nice photos Tristian. It's good to see something from the 70's still running.

Chaser, your name was easy. I was thinking about some of the others like NotSoDoomedRunner, Barefoot YOW, Barefooting Bob? Is it okay if we just use NSDR, YOW, Bob when we respond to your posts?

Speaking of NSDR, aren't you too young to be hanging out with punk rockers in the 8th grade. I was a hard rocker in 8th grade. (Motley Crew, Def Leppard, RATT) Too long ago to remember expressions we used when something wasn't "cool".