What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Oskar Blues can do no wrong. They have one that is an IPA blended with a red ale. Even my IPA hating friends love it.

Mmmm speaking of which had a Red Ale from Nimbus a semi local brewery in Tucson. It was very similar to the g'knight, a hoppy red ale, it was great.

Also went through a Breck Brewery vanilla porter and a Left Hand winter lager. Both were good.

Starting to work on some of those Christmas ales... working on some more interesting composition other than around my computer desk. I suck at composition but I'm trying. Oh and I was using a full manual lens which is still hard for me to use and it was very dim so blury, etc. but anyhow here I am getting warmed by some Winter Warmer, and also 750 degrees black locust.
IMG_4517_800.jpg

Beer is going to be flowing once I get back from my run. A nice India Pale Ale to ring in Christmas as we finish up the balance of the stocking stuffing and get my.... um I mean Santa's midnight snack ready by the tree (a nice plate of cookies and a glass of milk with a chaser of cold lager to keep the toes warm).

... um I mean Santa's midnight snack ready by the tree (a nice plate of cookies and a glass of milk with a chaser of cold lager to keep the toes warm).

That reminds me of the song I am Santa Claus (I combination of Black Sabbath's Iron Man and Jingle Bells) where the lyrics say "Leave him cookies and beer, he'll be back to your house first next year". I have no idea how one can combine Jingle Bells and Iron man but somehow Bob Rivers did. Awesome song.

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Full Sail LTD Limited Edition Lager Recipe Number 6. Yum, I had this once quite a while ago and then I haven't been able to find it again. Yay my local Safeway got it back in!

What could be more appropriate than the Champagne of beers? We tried that fruity high falutin' beverage - the champagne of wines. Drinking dessert just leads down a bad road of eating snails and really bland cheese named after that waitress at at the T&A, you know, Brie? Next thing you know, you'll be holding that mason jar with your pinky out and eating impossibly small sammiches. Really? Who in tarnation came up with that hair brained idea? "Let's make 100 tiny, unsatasfyin' sammiches. It'll be a hoot!" Bet it keeps the women folk outta the way for a day.
005a.jpg006a.jpg

Had sashimi for New Year's so I thought I'd have some Kirin Ichiban to go with it. Mistake. Tastes like crap. I used to like the regular Kirin beer quite a lot when I lived in Japan, but this special export version leaves a nasty aftertaste. Had to wash it away with yet another 22-ounce bottle of Arrogant Bastard. Martini Asti at midnight. Yum.

Reactions: NickW

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7