What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Interesting, I might have to try that race some time! Though I can't get that date off for 2013, I've already tried and got denied, along with all my other summer on-call weeks. :(

They dont have a strong showing around here either but one can usually find the Trail Mix, and one of my friends from near Utica who now resides in Marrysville says he often sees one of them by themselves but I forget which. Last winter I think it was I had their Big Moose Ale, but thats the only other one I've had outside the Trail Mix.

About the Stone IPA - yeah with all the rave they get around here I thought I had a bad batch when I sampled there regular IPA but I guess its some of there other offerings that are better. I haven't found their Ruination yet, but I did have their Anniversary IPA on tap not too long ago. I thought it had a bit too much going on, it was really good at first taste but just too intense and strange flavors left me barely finishing it. It also could have been that I was mixing it with a bunch of other beer types that night in the sampler flights, I think if I had it again I'd like it more, it was definitely unique, and worth trying.
I'm not a big fan of their Ruination either, but their Arrogant Bastard, yummy!

I just wanted to say that my Hubby, dad, and BIL are huge beer people and that I read this post simply to suggest beers for them to try.

(It started to feel stalkerish to read and not post)

I just wanted to say that my Hubby, dad, and BIL are huge beer people and that I read this post simply to suggest beers for them to try.

(It started to feel stalkerish to read and not post)
Well if you wouldn't have posted that we would never had known. Now I am going to be wondering if OA is lurking around my every post.
smiley-scared003.gif

Joking, of course :D

Just assume that I am. ;)

I'm a pansy when it comes to beer. I appreciate the good ones and they smell nice but the taste is what gets me. I prefer a good martini.

Went to the best Christmas party/ gift exchange last night. Everyone brings a 6 pack and takes turns drawing from the center. Since I was DD last night, I'm looking forward to opening some of my gifts this afternoon.

That's a great idea, but if we did that at a party here in So. Utah our selections would be: Bud Light, Miller Lite, PBR, Keystone, Coors Light, and Old Milwaukee. I'd leave my good stuff at home and bring the PBR. Nobody appreciates good beer around here. It's all about what 30 pack is on sale.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
That's a great idea, but if we did that at a party here in So. Utah our selections would be: Bud Light, Miller Lite, PBR, Keystone, Coors Light, and Old Milwaukee. I'd leave my good stuff at home and bring the PBR. Nobody appreciates good beer around here. It's all about what 30 pack is on sale.
Reminds me of back home in Montana.

Reactions: Bare Lee
They're not too worried about excessive sunlight in Scotland!
I suppose so. I must also think they are not excessively worried about the reputation or quality of their beer when it crosses the Atlantic. I have heard good things about this beer. But I don't know that I would buy another bottle of this. It was really nasty. I'm sure it is delicious when not damaged.

Tonight I had Stone's Sublimely Self-Righteous Ale for the first time. Whew, that's a strong one. I liked it quite a bit. It's a dark beer with a unique flavor that I really liked quite a bit.

Well over the weekend I was up to hunting camp and everyone else drinks only Natty Light, and thats it. Starts around 10am when they come out of the woods the first time and stand around the trucks. Crunch the cans and throw em in the back of the truck. One fellas truck probably had well over a hundred cans in it since last cleaned out. o_O I didn't partake... when I'm hunting its just coffee for me. But after I just got back home and all worn out, decided to have a decent brew...

IMG_4480_600.jpg

First time I've had it, and it definitely makes the short list for IPAs. I just happen to notice it on the shelf at the grocery store and remembered the name from earlier in this thread somewhere so figured I'd give it a shot. But for me it was right on, super hoppy, intense pine and grapefruit, and 8.2% perfect when one or two is all your having (or in this case one thats like the size of two, as I could only find it in 22 oz).

And Rick, I just noticed its from UT! lol

Reactions: Bare Lee
First time I've had it, and it definitely makes the short list for IPAs. I just happen to notice it on the shelf at the grocery store and remembered the name from earlier in this thread somewhere so figured I'd give it a shot. But for me it was right on, super hoppy, intense pine and grapefruit, and 8.2% perfect when one or two is all your having (or in this case one thats like the size of two, as I could only find it in 22 oz).

They are the ones that brew 3 levels of beer. I would stay with the Elevated series and up. Their other was rather plain.

Sadly, the Belhaven was slightly skunky.

Reactions: Tristan-OH
Well over the weekend I was up to hunting camp and everyone else drinks only Natty Light, and thats it. Starts around 10am when they come out of the woods the first time and stand around the trucks. Crunch the cans and throw em in the back of the truck. One fellas truck probably had well over a hundred cans in it since last cleaned out. o_O I didn't partake... when I'm hunting its just coffee for me. But after I just got back home and all worn out, decided to have a decent brew...

How could I leave Natty Light off the list? I have never gotten into the hunting scene around here (which is huge, my brother-in law being the biggest hunter around here). I have nothing against hunting and believe it is a good source of meat, but the mix of 30 packs, atv's, and high power rifles seems a dangerous to me.

Back to the Epic. I've had a few samples at beer events, pretty good, but the ones I had were a little over the top on the alcohol levels. I think they are trying to overcompensate for all of the 3.2 Utah beers. I've been temped to try a few more, but they are pricey and are stored warm on the liquor store shelves.

And to completely hijack the thread. What the heck is that kind of mouse on your desk?

How could I leave Natty Light off the list? I have never gotten into the hunting scene around here (which is huge, my brother-in law being the biggest hunter around here). I have nothing against hunting and believe it is a good source of meat, but the mix of 30 packs, atv's, and high power rifles seems a dangerous to me.
I think in some states drinking and hunting are illegal when combined. It is a very stupid thing to do. I've heard of a local guy back home being so drunk he shot a man because he didn't see the man, but instead saw the deer the man was DRAGGING on the ground. I used to hunt but after serving in Afghanistan I lost all urge to shoot animals with guns. Thankfully I still have the stomach to fish.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7