What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Sierra Nevada Celebration is available, priced pretty good too, I found 12 packs for $13.50 at Smiths.
Thanks, I'll start looking.
I hope Costco gets in 24 packs like they did last year!

Stopped at Costco.
24 packs of Celebration are in! A buck a bottle for a really good IPA.
And I bought it barefoot at 30 degrees F and clouds.
Life is good!

Stopped at Costco.
24 packs of Celebration are in! A buck a bottle for a really good IPA.
And I bought it barefoot at 30 degrees F and clouds.
Life is good!
I'll be on the look out, never had it before. Is costco one of those membership type places? If so I'm out on that one, but hopefully find it elsewhere. Had the Blue Moon Abbey ale I think it was, at BW3's tonight.

Probably worth joining even if just for a couple of cases at that price.
I bought two pair of jeans while I was there.......$12 each. These were not like Walmart or Old Navy jeans, but more like Lands End, Gap, or Eddie Bauer $50-$60 jeans.
And you could really splurge and pick up a $5 whole rotisserie chicken while you're there.

Probably worth joining even if just for a couple of cases at that price.
I bought two pair of jeans while I was there.......$12 each. These were not like Walmart or Old Navy jeans, but more like Lands End, Gap, or Eddie Bauer $50-$60 jeans.
And you could really splurge and pick up a $5 whole rotisserie chicken while you're there.

Thats ok, wallmart jeans do me just fine! Actually I just picked up two pairs since I dropped another size (havent fit into this size since 10 years ago at least!). Kohls, clearance rack, plus an extra 30% off from my wifes account. They were about $9. Get some super deals at Marshals too for clothes. We used to have sams club membership, but other than food (that was only a deal if you got the huge quantities - which ended up getting old on us and thrown out anyway) it seemed like better deals could be had just off amazon. But I have never been to a Costco, I may have to check it out.

Tonight I had a Weihenstephan Korbinian Dopplebock. It was my first time having it and it wasn't bad, but I like dark beers. For a dark beer this was smooth and slightly sweet. Later, when I got home I had a Ninkasi Oatis, which is also a new beer to me that I like. It's an oatmeal stout and pretty tasty as well.

Batch 19, pre-prohibition style lager.

008a.jpg

This is the beer that caused Prohibition. It is mediocrity at its most average. I don't understand how one smooth liquid could hold flavors that seem disjointed and disconnected from the whole. Frankly, if disappointment had a flavor, it would be Batch 19.

Best paired with: Guests who don't know when to leave, large quantities of better beer, a refund policy, mouthwash, or lowered expectations.

Around Halloween I stocked up on Summit IPA when their twelve-packs were $10.99 at my favorite booze shop, Big Top Liquors, so I've been drinking their regular IPA pretty steadily, so nothing new to report. Then that place ran the same special so I went in to replenish my Summit IPA inventory for the holidays, but I saw the Summit Saga IPA was marked down to 7.99 for a six-pack, so I decided to pick-six that twice was well. Man, that stuff is delicious. It has some citrus in it, which I don't usually like, but the Saga has just the right amount of extras.

Saga_Bottle.png

"Named after the Norse goddess Sága, drinking companion of the God Odin. With a divine tropical fruit hop aroma and clean, assertive bitterness."
http://www.summitbrewing.com/brews/saga-ipa

I don't normally like to spend more than a buck a beer, since it's hard for me to distinguish between good and great, but it was worth it this time. It seems like it would be the ideal summer IPA. Plus, drinking it, I can pay pseudo-ethnic homage to my long-severed Norse roots.

Excellent review btw Hannah, had me laughing out loud.

Going to the ole faithful tonight, Keith's IPA. Wish I could get my hands on some of that Stone IPA, I hear it is quite tasty. Going to get the wife to bring me back some from San Diego when she goes in Feb.

Batch 19, pre-prohibition style lager.

View attachment 1268

This is the beer that caused Prohibition. It is mediocrity at its most average. I don't understand how one smooth liquid could hold flavors that seem disjointed and disconnected from the whole. Frankly, if disappointment had a flavor, it would be Batch 19.

Best paired with: Guests who don't know when to leave, large quantities of better beer, a refund policy, mouthwash, or lowered expectations.

Oh lord, this is a bad beer. I had some recently in a bind. Tonight just plain Shiner. Had some Dogfish Head 120 the other night and I miss it.

Santa's Butt Beer
View attachment 1282

After a snowy run, this sounded like the perfect frosty beverage to get into the holiday spirits. So, from his fat a$$ to mine, the old guy keeps his reputation for being able to deliver.;) Remember being naughty is a gift every day; being nice only works out once a year. :)
Where do you find this stuff LOL.

Had some Dogfish Head 120 the other night and I miss it.
Been looking for the 120 myself, havent found it yet. Like the 90 a lot. Reviews on the 120 are mixed, many saying its to over the top (its what like 18%!?!) but I'd like to give it a whirl.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Where do you find this stuff LOL.

Been looking for the 120 myself, havent found it yet. Like the 90 a lot. Reviews on the 120 are mixed, many saying its to over the top (its what like 18%!?!) but I'd like to give it a whirl.

Yeah, you have to be someone who loves Hops and knows what they are getting. I got it at a bar on draft one night and was really happy to find it in a bottle.

Oh. and Tonight: Real ale Brewing Co. Brewer's Cut Signature Hop Pale ale. So good. My netbook no long types capital a's or exclamation points though. I may get a macbook - exclamation point.