Running in Kilts

Glad you're back to running,

Glad you're back to running, Nate. How are you feeling? How's your foot doing? Does it feel a little weaker or weird compared to the other one?

I'm not too concerned about

I'm not too concerned about the modesty issue... I don't run too many races where I'll be sitting down. When I do, I'm getting better at "handling the issue."

One of the mods is to shorten the Hiking version. Jesse, my pacer for Burning River, was considering buying the woman's version for the shortness.

As far as storage, all I really need is some place for a few gel packets or a small tube of lube. I use handhelds, so that takes care of hydration. I can carry some stuff in the sleeves of the water bottles, but the capacity is limited. I considered a sporran for authanticity. I'm also going to fashion some kilt hose out of some Zensah compression sleeves. ;-)

Fetish- did you show him this

Fetish- did you show him this picture?

20100107150205.jpg

Ha, so funny!  You're a bad

Ha, so funny! You're a bad boy, Jason.

That may be the finest

That may be the finest example of a kilt shown thus far. I *like* that one. Ironically enough, I showed that one to my wife, and *she* wasn't impressed. I guess there's just no satisfying some people.

Thank you, Jason, for sharing that wonderful example of workmanship. I, for one, appreciate efforts like that.

TJ- actually, i think this

TJ- actually, i think this may have been the one Jesse was going to order. Did you notice his 1/2" inseam running shorts in the Burning River pics? :)

Joe, I'm glad you appreciate my efforts. I do what I can to scour the web for acceptable examples of products that will appeal to the community. If that means having to sift through the Google results of "leggy chicks in kilts", then so be it.

Yeah, Jason, that must have

Yeah, Jason, that must have been really painful to sift through...

The one they gave me to test

The one they gave me to test was definitely a "skilt" - shorts built in. I had an enjoyable, but brief, run with Running Skirts the day after Nathan as I had to be at the show for 9am and the run did not leave until 7.30!

http://www.youtube.com/runningskirts#p/u/0/YRxAzKUn7IY

Dare I wear it again tomorrow night on a run from Harlem to Brooklyn?

I think you should, and where

I think you should, and where it with pride.

Could you also please tell Chris I said Hi, and ask John to please respond to my recent email. Thanks so much.

Chris - Wish we could have

Chris - Wish we could have met up. It was a fun event that left an itch that I want to scratch, trying out a kilt for running. I have yet to get one to try out, but I'm hoping Running Skirts will get a prototype my way soon. I hope the show was as good for you as it was for me.

Hey TJ.... yesterday and

Hey TJ.... yesterday and today did about 2.6 miles...with .5 being a very slow run....I knew soon as I started running that I wasn't going to be able to go fast...being very conservative...I'm back to most of my activities without modification (although still very tenative on any jumping kicks...) My leg doesn't feel "weaker" per se, but it gets sore almost immediately when I start to run, but after, it's ok again....tonight, I notice it a little more, so no real activity tomorrow...walking is quite ok. The motion that bothers it most is the flexion of the foot upwards (as in when leaning from the ankles for forward momentum) this is why walking isn't so much a problem, but the running still is a bit. I'm off on vacation for two weeks starting sat. so still giving ample time for more healing.

I do not believe I am risking re-injury by doing those little short .5 mile runs, it's where I'll stay (with the walking before and after) until I have no pain....after, the area feels a little looser and stronger/more stable even though it's a little bit more sore. I does feel really good though, to get back to SOME kind of run. I'll take it slow and steady! Thanks for asking.

Should have said 2.6 miles total...walking, with ONLY .5 of that being a slow run...

Ha, Fet's funny!DNE, be sure

Ha, Fet's funny!

DNE, be sure to wear a Barefoot Runners Society tee shirt this weekend too!

Sounds like you're recovering, surely but slowly, Nate. Wish you well. Check in with us on your vacation if you can, cousin!

Hmmm, a google search of

Hmmm, a google search of "Girls in Kilts" made my afternoon much more exciting.

I highly recommend it. I have safe search turned off for better enjoyment ;)

fetish4running wrote:I

fetish4running said:
I somehow feel responsible for this!
I blame your hubby, if he was only more accepting, you might never had said anything ;)

Tell him thanks from me! :D

Fetish, Scooter: I have a

Fetish, Scooter: I have a feeling we'd gotten there eventually anyway. :party:

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon