Running in Kilts

BTW, Joshh, we had a race

BTW, Joshh, we had a race fairly local this last fall called The Bouncing Buns Trail Run, a 3 miler, I think. It was held in a private park with controlled access and was billed as "clothing optional." It was coed and about half the runners went wearing only air.

Time, place, entry fee, prize

Time, place, entry fee, prize money, website... let's have those details. I would be proud to represent!

Thanks TJ, that's a great

Thanks TJ, that's a great story he wrote. The man has skills as well as cojones! Sounds like a blast.

Picking up the quarter was my

Picking up the quarter was my favorite part. Hee.

I'm Swedish, so my kilt

I'm Swedish, so my kilt running is done for the same reasons as others have mentioned (minus nationality). It is much, much more comfortable than running shorts. It is both cool in the summer and warm in the fall/winter.

I haven't gotten over the whole weird looks thing, but it's a lot like barefoot running in that respect. At first you are very self-conscious about wearing a kilt. After a while, you know people talk about you, but you don't care because you're more comfortable that way.

View from one of the mountain

View from one of the mountain tops during my 50k yesterday. Kilt did awesome out there.
150584_1509485933491_1124632342_31186277_5747678_n.jpg

Wow Shacky, now that is a

Wow Shacky, now that is a great view, that would be fun to run. Which 50 km is it?

Just rubbing it in again,

Just rubbing it in again, aren'tcha Shacky?!

@Bob - that would be the

@Bob - that would be the Santa Monica Mountains 50k held in Los Angeles by the good folks at PCTR.

@TJ - :p

Abide - life preverver? 

Abide - life preverver? Funny. I carried lots of gu, shot blocks, beef jerky, and a spare water bottle just to ensure I ate and drank enough since I failed horribly at doing so on my last 50k. Not running this weekend but a friend is running the Sea to Sea trail and myself and a few friends are going to go out and run a few miles with him on Friday. If you are interested, I can send you the details so you can join us and get in a few trail miles. We plan to have one runner join him at a time for maybe 10 miles a piece (or whatever each individual is feeling)

And Carlsbad is about 20 minutes from me. If you can't make the Friday shindig, I'd be willing to go up there and maybe do a seaside run with you either Saturday or Sunday. Not very familiar with the area but I'm sure we could find a sidewalk running along the ocean over there.

I have bluesky/ocean envy.

I have bluesky/ocean envy.