Running in Kilts

DNEchris wrote:probably see

Probably see you there. Will you, otherwise ,be bare? No shirt, no footwear?

[/quote]

If not in my Bikilas, I may be barefoot. My pride and physique won't yet allow for going shirtless, but, then again, I have no business being in a skirt either ;-) Not sure if I will be there on the Tuesday or Wednesday morning (planing for Tuesday)... it'll depend on others in my group and my mother-in-law who is taking care of my kids.

You gonna be shoe & shirtless? Hope to see you there.

barefoot.zumba.runner

barefoot.zumba.runner said:
We'll need pix guys of the pink skirts from Running Skirts, are these skorts? Or skirt skirts? How do you manage to NOT have back of skirt floofage, thus exposing the going ons in the backside?

I'll see what I can do. I guess I'll figure out the skirt logistics as I go. I really have no experience in women's clothing yet... honest. How about you, DNEchris?

inbetweenmytoes wrote:I'll

inbetweenmytoes said:
I'll see what I can do. I guess I'll figure out the skirt logistics as I go. I really have no experience in women's clothing yet... honest. How about you, DNEchris?
Well....... I do buy plenty of it - but I've never worn any! This could be an interesting voyage of discovery.

I've got a working breakfast at the Marriott at 7.30 on the Tuesday so I may have to do Wednesday.

Well, I couldn't miss out on

Well, I couldn't miss out on all the fun. I did my first run in a kilt a few days ago. I have a Utilikilt which seemed a bit on the heavy side. I experienced some 'base of the junk' chafing, so I'm definitely lubing up for future runs in kilts. I can't wait to do a race in a kilt :)

kiltGlen2.jpg

Glen, you look tough. Cool

Glen, you look tough. Cool pic. The utilikilt is what I am looking into. You mentioned it was a bit heavy... what model do you have? What fabric is it made of?

The only problem with your

The only problem with your wearing a kilt, Glen, is it hides those wondeful leg muscles you have! Glen has great legs, you guys!

Don't rub it in TJ.  I

Don't rub it in TJ. I already get a complex whenever I run with Glen.

I really like the sport kilt

I really like the sport kilt hiker....it's nice and light...but my next kilt, for more "everyday wear" will most likely be the "survivor" from Utilikilts...the picture with the pockets full of 20 beers sold me.

Alright... you get the first

Alright... you get the first peak at me being man enough to run in a skirt.

IMGP0624.JPG

IMGP0626.JPG

Damn....that is SHORT!!  :-D

Damn....that is SHORT!! :-D Is there enough range of motion in those? One nice thing about kilts is the pleating in the back gives it great ability to move...more fabric :)

NakedSoleNate

NakedSoleNate said:
Damn....that is SHORT!! :-D Is there enough range of motion in those? One nice thing about kilts is the pleating in the back gives it great ability to move...more fabric :)

running skirts are super stretchy. no problem with range of motion in them.

good to know ...I would feel

good to know :)...I would feel a little "exposed" wearing something that short LOL...but they look comfy!

now, see...that's just a

now, see...that's just a tease...I'm so disappointed she didn't lift up her own skirt!! :-D

Man enough is right,

Man enough is right, InBetween! ;-)

Range of motion was  great,

Range of motion was great, super comfortable. Most of the run, when their weren't many other 'muggles' around, I forgot I was even in a skirt. Check out the Running Skirt event video here.

The hopeful news is that during the run I had a chance to speak with one of the owners at length about the need for them to provide a kilt for the guys. She mentioned it wasn't the first time she had been asked and was open to the idea. I'll be dropping some design ideas by their booth at the OR today... mid-knee length, paneled front (pleats would be a little difficult in their super stretchy material), possible faux cargo pocket flaps to add a little testosterone. We'll see what happens.

inbetweenmytoes

inbetweenmytoes said:
possible faux cargo pocket flaps to add a little testosterone.

I'm sorry......there must be a problem with my internet connection - the way the text is coming across here it looks like you said something about adding a faux cargo pocket to make the kilt more manly. As you know, men are typically not permitted to wear clothes with faux pockets. It's in the man-code. The only possible exception is maybe a tuxedo, and that's usually only subsequent to a direct order from a woman.

I believe the code does indicate that *real* cargo pockets would, in fact, make the kilt more manly.

I don't make the rules - I just live by 'em.

p)

When I read faux pocket, I

When I read faux pocket, I was wondering why faux? Why not real? Is a faux pocket like a woman's padded bra, you know for those ladies less endowed?

I love your sense of humor, Joe. You never fail to crack me up!