Running in Kilts

When was I all and stuff?

When was I all :love: and stuff? Show me.

Besides, I'm a happily

Besides, I'm a happily married woman.

ROFLMAO!!

ROFLMAO!!

So has anyone youtubed DIY

So has anyone youtubed DIY sport kilt yet? I'll be back in a minute.

I'm back.  Pretty dismal out

I'm back. Pretty dismal out there in the world of making-your-own-kilt-to-go-running-in.

Of course I do...I think.

Of course I do...I think.

Joshh wrote: I'm back. 

Joshh said:
I'm back. Pretty dismal out there in the world of making-your-own-kilt-to-go-running-in.

Hmmmm is there something special about a running kilt as opposed to a normal kilt? Otherwise I'd go to JoAnn's fabric and buy a pattern and sew yourself one. Or if you have my sewing abilities ask a more talented family member for this for christmas.

traditional belted kilts

traditional belted kilts (i.e. bravehart) are not sewn :)....they are folded rectangular pieces of wool aprox. 5' by 9' long, held together by a belt ;-)...they are awesome in that they are also cloaks, guillie suits, sleeping bags, and tents :).

Running kilts, on the other hand, are made of microfiber and are fantastic and fun to run in!

Do they have a belt?  I'm

Do they have a belt? I'm down for the idea of a kilt but not sure how comfortable it would be to attach something around the midsection well enough so it didn't slide down. Also, my 14yr old daughter says that dresses flare up if you run in them. I don't really care but it would suck to get arrested for running.

Joshh, you can get your Sport

Joshh, you can get your Sport Kilt with belt loops, but normally they are held in place with a long strip of velcro. That holds the kilt in place quite nicely. I've never had issues with slippage.

Also, the material in the front doubles over on itself, so the odds of flashing someone from the front are pretty low. My kilt has a 22.5 inch inseam, so I'm also not really worried about it coming up so high that it's a "problem"

Unless you have a really

Unless you have a really brisk wind that is blowing the right way, you will have no issue with a Sport kilt (insert shameless plug here - www.sportkilt.com ) lifting up. I agree with Nate, running in a kilt is fantastic, and there definitely is nothing like it.

NakedSoleNate

NakedSoleNate said:
traditional belted kilts (i.e. bravehart) are not sewn :)....they are folded rectangular pieces of wool aprox. 5' by 9' long, held together by a belt ;-)...they are awesome in that they are also cloaks, guillie suits, sleeping bags, and tents :).

Fascinating, I didn't know there were so many uses for a kilt. Obviously my knowledge of kilts is as impressive as my sewing knowledge :shy:.

what is it with running

what is it with running Kilts?? I ask seriously. Is it a proud of yur nationality thing? Is is it a comfort thing? Or just a fun thing? All of the above? Please tell

Burt,For me it all of the

Burt,

For me it all of the above,

I am a proud Scot,

They are the most comfortable thing to run

and damn is it fun to watch the expressions on people's faces as you run by them!!

Burt - I'm not Scottish nor

Burt - I'm not Scottish nor Irish although I do have a tiny bit of both coursing through my veins.

For me, it's the comfort and the novelty of it. It's something different yet satisfying at the same time. And it's fun!

I'm not Scottish or Irish

I'm not Scottish or Irish either. I'd run naked if it was legal. Isn't that a logical extension of less being more?

Ask Jason how best to handle

Ask Jason how best to handle a skirt that flies up during a race. He knows. He found out later that it would have been best to probably have sewn some velcro or such to the flap at the bottom. Would have saved a lot of ugly stares and wincing.

what bob, josh, and shacky

what bob, josh, and shacky said....and I am proud of my Scot heritage ;-)....besides that, it's so much more convenient and modest to relive oneself during a run...

It would be good if Jason

It would be good if Jason were here to defend himself because I can only wonder what "ugly stares and wincing" say about the man.:shock: :bigsmile: