Mileage Reporting 7th Week of 2013

Back after my muscle tear on saturday, I did a slow and short 5.8km this morning, and felt good, and so far the pain seems to be under control...I suspect it was more like a cramp than a muscle tear, otherwise I'd still be RICE'ing

Following on from last week:

Friday - ran in my local running group's big annual 6.5 km championship handicap race and had my arse handed to me in a rather emphatic fashion by a couple of 12 year old girls who made it look easy.
Sunday - tried for a long, slow 10km and was pleased to do it a little faster than I expected - until I looked at my watch and realised that I only ran 9.75km. I'm still yet to register my first 10km in over 10 years.
Today - 2.7km barefoot on the beach. Probably a little further than I planned, but it felt good. My calves are starting to feel a little 'heavy', but not sore, so I'm going to have to be careful this week.

60 minutes on the spinning bike went really fast as I had a spring garden/chicken/pool landscaping planning session with my landscape architect son. Then, I took a nap because it felt like I hit a wall.:) Still fighting a bit of the illness.

Swimming Tip of the Day: Only concentrate on one aspect of swimming at a time. For instance, for a couple of laps think about blowing out steadily. For another couple of laps, think mostly about pressing the chest for balance. For another couple of laps, concentrate on finger tip drag, etc.

Yesterday, I did a two hour barefoot hike with all of my other injured barefoot running people. Our group out here has experienced a looong series of injuries and illnesses and operations over the last year that have rendered EIGHT of "un-runable" -meaning, we are either unable or forbidden to run at all, or, are just not able to run anywhere close to our regular mileage or speed, or, are starting over from zero mileage (and a handful of them are either on the Hood to Coast team, or, are alternates). We have now, in essence, started the Injured Barefoot Hikers Group (I.B.H.G.). So this looks like it will be a weekly ritual for who knows how long.

4.38 miles tonight, just trying to keep my legs loose for my first ultra of 2013. Nervous energy is starting to rear its ugly head.

Yesterday, I did a two hour barefoot hike with all of my other injured barefoot running people. Our group out here has experienced a looong series of injuries and illnesses and operations over the last year that have rendered EIGHT of "un-runable" -meaning, we are either unable or forbidden to run at all, or, are just not able to run anywhere close to our regular mileage or speed, or, are starting over from zero mileage (and a handful of them are either on the Hood to Coast team, or, are alternates). We have now, in essence, started the Injured Barefoot Hikers Group (I.B.H.G.). So this looks like it will be a weekly ritual for who knows how long.
Sorry I missed it. So much going on with school I can barely keep myself afloat right now. Hope you had a good b-day to bfp! I don't know how much I could even hike right now. I did the treadmill run today but then later I was walking all around at the store following the wife and was hobbling pretty bad again. My wife says I'm a glutton for punishment because I keep running and doing things that aggravate my foot. I told her I just get fat when I don't exercise, and I do (gained close to 9lbs after taking about a month off). Anyhow, keep me posted on runs/hikes and I will try to make them as I can. I am in Saturday school right now so be patient with me.

Reactions: Sid and jldeleon
Thanks for the wishes BFS. ;) I will "try" not to flog you over the lack of involvement... I guess we'd better start doing some of these on Saturday mornings if we expect to see you.

Funny, but when I was younger Saturday school was for us delinquents. ;)

Which is EXACTLY what I thought of when I saw that -which is apparently why my subconscious immediately filed it away. You just don't seem like the delinquent type! Lol!

Reactions: NickW
Well, you wouldn't be drawn to barefoot running people, if you weren't still a deviant at heart. :D

Reactions: NickW
4.38 miles tonight, just trying to keep my legs loose for my first ultra of 2013. Nervous energy is starting to rear its ugly head.

When/where is it???

25min in the pool. I got a lane, and by 5A all 4 lanes were occupied! Tried to practice the backstroke a bit. Chlorinated pool at the gym was much less buoyant than the saltwater pool at the Sportsplex, so sucked down some more water. Did a few laps until I was tired and my form suffered, then came home and tried to figure out what to do with my time before work. Trimmed the bush/tree thing in the front yard. It doesn't flower much, and it's a pain to trim each year. I wonder how far back I can trim it and not kill it. Might have to bring out the chainsaw.

What's going on? Is the the Hood to Cursed team. I wonder what shoe executive or podiatrist has a set of BRS voodoo dolls in is office and is poking us with pins daily?

I was thinking the Barefoot Walkers Society. Not too exciting, is it?

What's going on? Is the the Hood to Cursed team. I wonder what shoe executive or podiatrist has a set of BRS voodoo dolls in is office and is poking us with pins daily?

I was thinking the Barefoot Walkers Society. Not too exciting, is it?

It is very strange, actually. Voodoo dolls -lol!

then came home and tried to figure out what to do with my time before work. Trimmed the bush/tree thing in the front yard. It doesn't flower much, and it's a pain to trim each year. I wonder how far back I can trim it and not kill it. Might have to bring out the chainsaw.

:D ROFL That is so great. Tales of woe of an injured barefoot runner trying to fill his early morning workout time. ha ha ha ha Step away from the chainsaw!

Reactions: Sid and jldeleon

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7