Mileage Reporting 30th Week of 2013

Ran a measly 2.38 miles this morning after doing st of shoulders, legs, back, and abs. I started out pretty good on my run and then about a mile in my stomach decided to go sour on me. 1.3 miles and I was turning around and headed home trying not to lose it all over the sidewalk. Not sure what got into me, because I felt fine at the gym and for the first mile of the run. Still not feeling very well and am forcing myself to eat some food. I did start to feel pretty hot on the run, so maybe that was it. Or when I got home I noticed my water in my water bottle seemed maybe just a touch sudsy, so maybe the dishwasher didn't rinse it all the way? Dunno, but I sure hope my stomach gets to feeling better or physics tonight is not going to be very fun...

2.5 miles today. First run since last Wednesday, seems I tweaked my hip golfing while doing to much carb loading. Also wound up walking a lot more than usual while golfing as I seemed to be all over the course. Again, I will blame the carb loading for this as well. ;)
All this talk of carb-loading is making me a bit nervous about our meet-up next week. I may have to run an eighth-marathon around downtown St. Paul afterwards to unload the carbs and avoid any potential fines for driving home while exceeding my maximum load.
Ran a measly 2.38 miles this morning after doing st of shoulders, legs, back, and abs. I started out pretty good on my run and then about a mile in my stomach decided to go sour on me. 1.3 miles and I was turning around and headed home trying not to lose it all over the sidewalk. Not sure what got into me, because I felt fine at the gym and for the first mile of the run. Still not feeling very well and am forcing myself to eat some food. I did start to feel pretty hot on the run, so maybe that was it. Or when I got home I noticed my water in my water bottle seemed maybe just a touch sudsy, so maybe the dishwasher didn't rinse it all the way? Dunno, but I sure hope my stomach gets to feeling better or physics tonight is not going to be very fun...
Make sure to take small sips if you're drinking while running, so your gut can assimilate the liquid slowly.

All this talk of carb-loading is making me a bit nervous about our meet-up next week. I may have to run an eighth marathon around downtown St. Paul afterwards to unload and avoid any potential fines for driving home while exceeding my maximum load.
That is the one reason why I am staying at the hotel, no driving involved. Also have a DD as my wife does not drink at all. And I am thinking that with 3 rounds of golf and beer last weekend was enough excess beer consumption to last me a while. It was one those boys weekend out, we usually go golfing in North Dakota where hotel, green fees, and all meals and drinks are included. It is actually a real good deal.

Reactions: Bare Lee and NickW
Make sure to take small sips if you're drinking while running, so your gut can assimilate the liquid slowly.
Ya I only take small sips usually about every ten to fifteen minutes while running, if that. I drank a bit while in the gym, although not as much as usual. I dunno, even after lunch my stomach is not real happy with me. Not sure what I did exactly, but I don't like it.

Reactions: Bare Lee
monday. eat and sleep.

tues. went for a run in my 1 speed zone. hr monitor battery died. lucky i didn't need it for today's run. i can almost tell where my hr is after a year of keeping constant eye on it.

The cool wet weather just keeps on going here...mid afternoon trail run Harbins park hiking trails. Trails were wet with plenty of muddy spots...did 2 loops 10.5 miles 11:15 m/m pace, 80F temp made the the humidy not matter, walked most of the hills. Saw lots of deer...the baby deer are starting to look like little teenage deer now.

Started off the day with heavy duty weeding for about 1.5 hours. 3 large trash bags stuffed.

Swam for 60 minutes in my pool. This is 15 minutes longer than longest previuosly. It was a good speed interval workout of sorts.
10 minutes, then increase current speed
15 minutes, then increas current speed
8 minutes, increase speed
5 minutes, increas speed
felt stroke pull kick in at a whole new level
increased speed a bit more then kept it there for a few shorter spurts

Now I'm on the spinning bike for 45 minutes

Maybe someday if I have easy access to water I'll teach myself how to swim better.
Yeah, I had to get a gym membership. Funny thing is that I only use the pool.
Pretty trippy to think that we humans have taught ourselves this trick despite having no anatomical adaptions for it.
Hey, if this little guy can swim, you can, too!

Monday- did a noontime workout class at work called ABSolution. Never have I done so many burpees in my life. They should call it the "Mother of God Monday" Workout.
Today - 6 mi on the trail in 1:18. You know what I learned? When you run downhill, you have to go back up it, ultimately...if you want to get back to the truck, that is...I hiked some but ran most of the uphills...

The cool wet weather just keeps on going here...mid afternoon trail run Harbins park hiking trails. Trails were wet with plenty of muddy spots...did 2 loops 10.5 miles 11:15 m/m pace, 80F temp made the the humidy not matter, walked most of the hills. Saw lots of deer...the baby deer are starting to look like little teenage deer now.
:p

Tuesday afternoon
Bike commute, no ST, stuff came up

Wednesday morning
My legs feel a little sore after two quality run days, so I thought it best to take a rest day, but I'm already missing my morning run. I guess I've become addicted to the firstthinginthemorningexercise after just a few weeks, and the post-run midday drowsiness has all but disappeared. I probably should've tried an easy 2-miler or something, it's going to be a long wait until my afternoon ST session . . .

Hey, if this little guy can swim, you can, too!
That's actually how I look when I'm swimming!
Started off the day with heavy duty weeding for about 1.5 hours. 3 large trash bags stuffed.

Swam for 60 minutes in my pool. This is 15 minutes longer than longest previuosly. It was a good speed interval workout of sorts.
10 minutes, then increase current speed
15 minutes, then increas current speed
8 minutes, increase speed
5 minutes, increas speed
felt stroke pull kick in at a whole new level
increased speed a bit more then kept it there for a few shorter spurts

Now I'm on the spinning bike for 45 minutes
Now that's the HBS I know, none of this infra-umbrella indolence.

10 mile bike ride to town where they had a Pioneer Day fun run. I ran the 10k option barefoot and took 1st in my age group with a time of 46 minutes. Probably won't count it as a PR because my GPS said 6 miles, but still 6 minutes faster than last year. Once again I was just going to take it easy because of soreness from Sundays run, but I could only hold back for half a mile. These darn races. Every thing feels fine though. Then rode the bike 10 miles back home.

Now that's the HBS I know, none of this infra-umbrella indolence.
:D When I was swimming yesterday, I put the umbrella up over the radio next to the pool. It added greatly to the ambience. I couldn't hear the music when I was swimming, but it was still fun to hear when I came up between intervals.

A 4 mile easy run was perfect for this morning. Was tempted to go farther, but didn't want to risk progress I am making with the knee. Feel like I'm chomping at the bit, though! At least there will be a lot of walking with my chores today, and maybe some weeding and swimming later.

A 4-mile easy run was perfect for this morning. Was tempted to go farther, but didn't want to risk progress I am making with the knee. Feel like I'm chomping at the bit, though! At least there will be a lot of walking with my chores today, and maybe some weeding and swimming later.
Yah, I know the feeling. I'm already regretting not running this morning, and I have too much energy now sitting at my desk, but I'm doing my best to hold myself back until I have a better idea of how my legs will tolerate consecutive-day running. Although it seems like a distant memory, I know the ITBS beast preys on the overconfident and could still strike at anytime without warning. The strange thing is, my suspicion is that more frequent running actually helps keep it at bay. My concern is more with the joints. After yesterday's run, my knees felt slightly sore for a few hours afterwards, and I'm not sure exactly what to make of that.
4 mile run
1 hour swim.
~35-40 min swim
I like the minimalist reporting. I guess mine is more like the Hoka.