Mileage Reporting 21st Week of 2013

The work I got done on my ankle made a significant shift in my gait from over-supination, to neutralish. My entire left side of my body is going, "WTH???" So I decided that I had better gradually get back to running. So yesterday I went for just a short hike on Wildwood. And here are some photos of what it is SUPPOSED to look like in May in Oregon! I hope that horrifying hot streak is over!

20130522_141352.jpg

20130522_141628.jpg

20130522_141638.jpg

Ya Jen, I don't think we are in the clear yet for hotness. Hopefully though I will be moving down to Wilsonville in the next couple months and will have a place with an A/C.

Reactions: jldeleon
Monday - Tribble Mill park 6 miles mix pavement/trails... 2 miles trail after a big rain the day before...like a night and day difference...trails were easy and great plus 4 miles park pavement.

Wed - 4.5 miles slow running on local trails behind my house plus 1/2 mile pavement at the end....hot and humid afternoon run.

May run later today with my son if he gets going and doesn't bail out.

5.5 miles overall it was a great run as far as people's reactions and speed too!
Coments I got were WOW, awesome, a thumbs up and a few smiles here and there all from diferent people. It was all good:D

30 minutes on the bike today. Was planning on doing more, but I decided against pushing it too much as Tuesday after the bike my ankle was pretty sore. Decided today to look in the trigger point book that Mike and Jen always talk about and see if I can figure out this peroneal problem, since it only started once the astym was done to my plantar fascia and inside part of shin for the pf. Who knows, maybe I'll get lucky and figure out what is going on.

15km in 1.25. Gravel, asphalt, grass, mud. Never ever ran that far barefoot, and I could have continued. No blisters, not very tired, just general muscle soreness. The fastest km was when another runner came up to me and said that he was impressed. Well, thank you, I said and ran on air till he was out of sight. And then a couple of km more just to finish the lap and get the 15 and then back to share the good news with my family. The best part? Even in the car on way back, I was looking forward to getting back out and run again.
Half marathon might not be out of reach after all.

brief workout am, lunch swim (~50 min in pool), short walk in minshoes at the university pond (too much goose poop at the pond to bf, and yes, i'd rather have it on the shoe than me in this case), thinking about a double dip after kids swim lesson but so sleepy.

foot is a bit more sore again since yesterday's mile, may give it another day or try a bf hike tomorrow.

brief workout am, lunch swim (~50 min in pool), short walk in minshoes at the university pond (too much goose poop at the pond to bf, and yes, i'd rather have it on the shoe than me in this case), thinking about a double dip after kids swim lesson but so sleepy.

foot is a bit more sore again since yesterday's mile, may give it another day or try a bf hike tomorrow.

Sorry that your foot is taking too long to heal. At least you are able to do other things. Do you think you broke something in your foot besides the laptap?:angelic:

I don't know whats wrong with me as I just realized I have been reporting this weeks mileage in last weeks section.

Monday - no run
Tuesday - 4.6 mi
Wednesday- 2 mi

Today ran 6.3 miles and leg muscles were a bit tight all the way through the run. (they were tight from yesterdays run) This is the farthest Ive ran BF to date. Just took my time and was going for distance. Did it in 54 min 47 sec (pace 8min 47 sec). Legs kinda sore afterwards but not as bad as I had expected. Was thinking about signing up for my first 10k in two weeks but had never ran that far before until today. Havent decided yet if I will sign up for the 10k or not.

I don't know whats wrong with me as I just realized I have been reporting this weeks mileage in last weeks section.

Monday - no run
Tuesday - 4.6 mi
Wednesday- 2 mi

Today ran 6.3 miles and leg muscles were a bit tight all the way through the run. (they were tight from yesterdays run) This is the farthest Ive ran BF to date. Just took my time and was going for distance. Did it in 54 min 47 sec (pace 8min 47 sec). Legs kinda sore afterwards but not as bad as I had expected. Was thinking about signing up for my first 10k in two weeks but had never ran that far before until today. Havent decided yet if I will sign up for the 10k or not.

Wait a day or two and see how your legs feel and if everything feels good then-GO FOR IT!!!

I ran for about 1.75 miles on the pavement today to allow my body to get used to its new proprioception (thank goodness Mike knew what word I was trying to remember - cuz now I don't have to scream that word out in the middle of the night when I would have FINALLY remembered it!). That seemed to help quite a bit. Then I went to the gym and proceeded to actually lift weights! It's only the 3rd time I've been there in 60 days... I watched an obstacle course video this morning and decided I should actually put forth some effort into building my upper body strength instead of just whining about it. :D

monday was an recovery walk
tuesday easy run *edit* hill repeats, up and down
wednesday heavy bag
thursday sleep *edit* walked dogs
tomorrow should be long run on trails
saturday march against monsanto

I ran for about 1.75 miles on the pavement today to allow my body to get used to its new proprioception (thank goodness Mike knew what word I was trying to remember - cuz now I don't have to scream that word out in the middle of the night when I would have FINALLY remembered it!). That seemed to help quite a bit. Then I went to the gym and proceeded to actually lift weights! It's only the 3rd time I've been there in 60 days... I watched an obstacle course video this morning and decided I should actually put forth some effort into building my upper body strength instead of just whining about it. :D

Hahaha, are you talking about me? I complain all the time(to myself) about my upper body strength although I was told recently that I have a strong lower body and that my upper body is not as whimpy as I think:cool:

Waited yesterday until 8 PM to ride spinning bike with hubby last night. Included 3 good 2 minute power intervals. Today should be a physically demanding day with chores around the acre, from spraying weeds (2-3 hours with a backpack sprayer probly) to putting the garage back in order (still not done since after the termite exterminator) but then I get to go dancing to wind down. Hubby thinks he's up to it some at 4 weeks post-op. I'm very happy about that.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7