Mileage Reporting 21st Week of 2013

Oh and since Songbird and others like to include other hard work here I'd like to add that in addition to my long run this morning I spent most the rest of the day hard at work outside! Mainly working on the garden - its getting late so planned on finishing it up over the long weekend. Had about 1/4 of it weeded and planted over the last couple weeks. I spent about 3hrs weeding the rest of it (weeds were about waist high and starting to flower - so I wanted to remove them completely before tilling). Loaded up an extra heaping huge load of weeds in my 30cuft wagon and hauled off. Then with shovel and arms filled that wagon about 3/4 full of composted horse manure, and spread it around the garden. Really been wanting to put a loader on one of my garden tractors, oh well. Was debating whether or not to till, the section I already put in I didnt till first (but did break the soil up with an auger around where I put each plant). I'd normally use the rototiller but my garden tractor with the tiller is in need of some work so I went old school and mounted the single bottom plow to my good running garden tractor. I'll get out the disc harrow tomorrow to break down the furrows and smooth it out and hopefully get it planted too. Still a lot to get done... and my back is pretty sore tonight!

A couple shots of my old 70's workhorse tearing up the garden like the big tractors do...
View attachment 2173

View attachment 2174

View attachment 2175
Strength training for sure. Quite possibly some yoga.

Did my first "brick" workout today, and that after a few hours of lunges, squats, and upper body exercises weeding, digging, and planting. :)
I kept the bike to 20 minutes on the spinning bike, then was going to just run 3 miles, but a last minute course decision made it just shy of 4 miles. It included some very rough pavement and several hills, so I was relieved when I started to loosen up after the first mile. Oh, and it was generously sprinkling. Passed a fellow in a lawn mowing crew sitting in his truck, that I didn't see until he yelled out the window, "You're crazy!" I just said, "Nah, I've been doing this for 3 years." Doesn't make all that much sense maybe, but he seemed to find it explanation enough and responded with an understanding nod that seemed to release me from crazy status.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Barefoot RPS