Mileage Reporting 21st Week of 2013

Waited yesterday until 8 PM to ride spinning bike with hubby last night. Included 3 good 2 minute power intervals. Today should be a physically demanding day with chores around the acre, from spraying weeds (2-3 hours with a backpack sprayer probly) to putting the garage back in order (still not done since after the termite exterminator) but then I get to go dancing to wind down. Hubby thinks he's up to it some at 4 weeks post-op. I'm very happy about that.

Sounds fun-the dancing part;)

Reactions: happysongbird

Hahaha, enjoy it very much-nicely written. So does your husband have any plans for the rocks?
I do enjoy very much doing things like the ones you're going to do-to be very honest I do love cleaning that's right,love cleaning so call me crazy.
I also like to re-arrange the furniture in every room of the hose but I don't do that so much any longer due to my physical limitations:( let me know if you need help:joyful:. I'll be with you in spirit-ha!
The garage is my husband's place and it's out of bounds for me-thank GOD! he has way too much stuff in there.

2.01 fast miles (ok fast for me that is...) in my lunas, avg of 9:48 with 1 mile downhill at 9:13 pace and 1 mile back up at just over 10:15 (math is off the top of my head so I might be a couple seconds off). There was a ton of debris on the sidewalks from all the wind we seem to be getting the last few days and rather than run slow due to debris on what was supposed to be my faster paced day I decided to wear the lunas. I figured out what I had done wrong with the Pat Sweeneys tying method with the ribbon laces before and now I have the heel strap problem fixed. Had no issues what so ever and am now back in love with the ribbon laces when I have to wear sandals. Today also did ST of back and legs and man am I now whipped. Not sure if I will be able to get to my pregnant wifes hunnie do list, might have to take a nap first.... :rolleyes: Right, like I'm gonna get a nap. I talk all big and bad, but we all know who rules the roost and we all know I'm gonna get those hunnie do's done before she gets home from work.

So does your husband have any plans for the rocks?
I do enjoy very much doing things like the ones you're going to do-to be very honest I do love cleaning that's right,love cleaning so call me crazy.
He likes to chop them up and make his cement projects unique. Doing cement and stone work for fun is a way to compensate for the hours he sits at a desk. I have a greenhouse work table to die for.

I like to clean to, but when it involves a lot of items I am unfamiliar with, and I can't just throw them away.... it is harder. :)

He likes to chop them up and make his cement projects unique. Doing cement and stone work for fun is a way to compensate for the hours he sits at a desk. I have a greenhouse work table to die for. Sweet!!!

I like to clean to, but when it involves a lot of items I am unfamiliar with, and I can't just throw them away.... it is harder. :)
Ain't that the truth.

Reactions: happysongbird
2.01 fast miles (ok fast for me that is...) in my lunas, avg of 9:48 with 1 mile downhill at 9:13 pace and 1 mile back up at just over 10:15 (math is off the top of my head so I might be a couple seconds off). :rolleyes: Right, like I'm gonna get a nap. I talk all big and bad, but we all know who rules the roost and we all know I'm gonna get those hunnie do's done before she gets home from work.

Hello? You forgot the "while texting psychopaths" part! ;)

Your wife must enjoy being married to such a smart man! :D

Reactions: NickW
did a long tempo run on the trails today. just when it got flatter who did i see? yup. no escape for me.

But what he FAILED to mention (cuz he's waiting for me to intercept) is that today -HE WAS THE DAMN STALKER!!! o_O I get to WW later than what I had planned, I spend over 20 minutes during the first part of my run stopping to adjust my new hydration pack, then had just decided to go a slightly different route then I normally do -turned around to come back cuz I decided it was too muddy- and after all that I STILL run into him! :rolleyes:

I was out in the woods for almost 3 hours, running, walking, and hiking - probably 7ish miles? Wore my Brancas for most of it since this was my longest run since my 5 day rest and also because it was pretty slippery out and I didn't want to over tax my muscles. I was also wearing my new $125 hydration pack that I accidentally bought (well David did) before I realized that it was that expensive. However, I'm pretty sure I am in love with it and am going to marry it! It has SO many straps and attachments I'm going to have to actually look it up on youtube what I'm supposed to do with them all! Lol! http://www.amazon.com/Salomon-Advan...=1369438865&sr=8-4&keywords=salomon+hydration

20130524_142803.jpg

20130524_142918.jpg

20130524_143011.jpg

monday was an recovery walk
tuesday easy run *edit* hill repeats, up and down
wednesday heavy bag
thursday sleep *edit* walked dogs
tomorrow should be long run on trails
saturday march against monsanto

You edited this for dog walking...lol!!!

Reactions: Bare Lee
Hahaha, are you talking about me? I complain all the time(to myself) about my upper body strength although I was told recently that I have a strong lower body and that my upper body is not as whimpy as I think:cool:

Hahaha! No, I REALLY suck in the upper body department. I did ONLY 12 reps of each exercise yesterday. And this morning, my trapezoids and serratus anteriors wanted to kick me. It's that sad...lol. And I had to take a photo of myself just to prove to people (me included) that I really WAS in the gym. Lol!

20130523_134105.jpg

No run for me today. No It wasn't cuz my legs were too sore from yesterdays 6.3 miles. Ok my legs were slightly sore but I was planning on running about 4 miles this evening but the wimd became unbelievably gusty so I decided to ride the stationary bike instead. After that I cleaned up then noticed the wind went down enough that I could have ran this evening. Guess I'll run tomorrow morning. Planning on an early run but not sure of the distance, depends on how my legs feel.

Thursday afternoon
The front of my left shoulder felt really, really sore from the overhead back extensions of the previous day's 'middle' st session, so I used that as an excuse not to run and continue on in work-obsessed mode. Plus, it made sense to put an extra day of rest in between my st workouts, since the next st workout is chest and shoulders and I wanted to give the left shoulder time to recover completely before doing that.

Friday afternoon
6.66 mi / 10.7 km total
6 mi / 9.6 km running
69 F

Ran .6 mi down to the junior high school track, then ran 4 miles at 8:15 mm pace, with my fastest mile, the first one, at 7:43 mm pace, then a mile and a half at 8:07 mm pace, and then a much slower mile and a half at 8:40 mm. Walked a hundred yards and then ran a bunch of slower aerobic laps on the grass, and then ran up a few hills on the way to pick up my daughter at Discovery Club. 8:56 mm pace overall.

Pace continues to pick up, which is nice. My feet seem to have adapted fully to the track's sandy gravel now too, which is also nice.

There were two other runners on the track for part of the time I was there. One guy was late 20s/early 30s, also husky, doing 220 intervals. The other guy was about my age but with a svelte runner's build. He slowly passed me in the middle of my faster paced four miles, but then quit soon afterwards. Felt good to know I can almost keep up with a guy who looks like a real runner. The younger guy waved to me as he entered the track, the older guy just ignored my attempt at hello. I wonder if my bare feet made him run faster than he wanted to . . .
The garage is my husband's place and it's out of bounds for me-thank GOD! he has way too much stuff in there.
Women get the house, men get the garage and/or basement. And they say it's a man's world.
I was out in the woods for almost 3 hours, running, walking, and hiking - probably 7ish miles?
Jello
Not sure if I will be able to get to my pregnant wifes hunnie do list

At least your wife has a list. Mine tells me random stuff when I’m half-asleep.

Ran .6 mi down to the junior high school track, ran 4 miles at 8:15 mm pace, with my fastest mile, the first one, at 7:43 mm pace. Ran a bunch of slower laps on the grass, and then ran up a few hills on the way to pick up daughter at Discovery Club. 8:56 mm pace over all.
woohoo!

Women get the house, men get the garage and/or basement. And they say it's a man's world.

I share the house. I let him fix it whenever he wants to. ;)

At least your wife has a list. Mine tells me random stuff when I’m half-asleep.
I was recently trying to communicate about the schedule, and not just telling, asking, and was getting somewhat undefinable responses, so I said with a smile, "I'm just trying to communicate." My husband quipped, "but doesn't that take all the mystery out of life?" So, we all have our own problems. :p

18 minshod miles in weather that would not have disgraced Highland Scotland in March! 7C starting temperature, brisk north wind and spitting rain throughout.

Still it was a great deal pleasanter than the 30+C days we had earlier this week with extremely high humidity :D

So, Ive really got to hand it to crazy Jen and Mike. They recommended this book, The Trigger Point Therapy Workbook. I've been trying to read a little as I get time about the peroneus tendons. Last night following the directions I found THE trigger point that is causing this problem I've been having. I have hit this spot before with the stick, but I've never focused on it before like I did this time. Wow, after doing that I got up to go to bed and the pain was completely gone. I woke up this morning and it was still gone. Now after a couple hours of being on my feet cleaning I can feel the pain coming back a little so I think I need to hit that trigger point with the stick again. Surgery my ass. Cutting apart my calcaneus, ya right. Glad I didnt listen to franken-doc.