Lagers & Ales

Rogue Nation in the house!

Rogue Nation in the house! Love me some Double Dead Guy! And mocha Porter. and Shalespeare Stout. And the Chateau Rogue (awesome Farm to bottle concept..they grow the malt and hops themselves...). Oh, and the Youngers' bitter. Can't forget Santa's Little Helper at the holidays.'

Did I mention they distill also? Great rum and whiskey....

I love a good whiskey too

I love a good whiskey too like Southern Comfort.

And a good rum like Captain Morgan's Spiced Rum.

Lomad wrote:Rogue Nation in

Lomad said:
Rogue Nation in the house! Love me some Double Dead Guy! And mocha Porter. and Shalespeare Stout. And the Chateau Rogue (awesome Farm to bottle concept..they grow the malt and hops themselves...). Oh, and the Youngers' bitter. Can't forget Santa's Little Helper at the holidays.'

Did I mention they distill also? Great rum and whiskey....

I used to work for the company that prints Rogues bottles. Was awsome because every so often they would drop off a couple cases of full bottles for us. My wife still works for this company.

TJ: Southern Comfort isn't

TJ: Southern Comfort isn't whiskey. It doesn't even contain bourbon. They only use whiskey flavorings, sadly. Personally, I prefer Irish whiskeys for drinking and a nice, peaty Islay single malt if I'm just going to have a sip or two and be done. Then again, my all-time favorite whiskey is an Irish one called Midleton. Costs an arm and a leg though but it really is worth it.

So what.  It's whiskey to me,

So what. It's whiskey to me, as I have been drinking it for years, but not that often. ;-) And it tastes better than Jack and Jim, although I've had enough of them in my day too. Crown Royal, on the hand, not too often as it's so expensive.

TJ: If that's the case I'm

TJ: If that's the case I'm just going to go out for a barefoot run in my Merrells if that's ok? :innocent: Not saying it sucks, it's just not whiskey.

Blind Boy wrote:TJ: If

Blind Boy said:
TJ: If that's the case I'm just going to go out for a barefoot run in my Merrells if that's ok? :innocent: Not saying it sucks, it's just not whiskey.

I almost choked on my lunch right there. That was hi-larious.

TJ, I knew I liked you for a reason. I ALWAYS and i mean ALWAYS have a bottle of SoCo in my cabinet. Love it with Ginger Ale, actually...That said. Eagle Rare single barrel Kentucky Bourbon (10 year) is my current "hard stuff" poison.

Back to the topic, Abide, Anyone try Single Wide IPA? It's awesome for the label art alone...

images

Really, if we're going to

Really, if we're going to be truely honest with ourselves Yuengling is the only domestic lager worth talking about. They are the oldets continuously brewing brewery in the country and their lager actually has taste unlike the other domestics.

I have 3 good brewery's within 20 miles of my house, Dogfish Head, 16 Mile and Fordham. All produce a decent product. I usually pick up a 6 pack of something I've never had each weekend. Very rarely do I find one that I don't like.

BB, KMA!

BB, KMA!

Wait!  Here's a smiley to go

Wait! Here's a smiley to go with it...

:tongue:

Originaly I was thinking only

Originaly I was thinking only lagers and ales allowed here, but with all of these spirits being discussed I guess we might as well allow lambics after all.

Mmmm lambics. Speaking of

Mmmm lambics. Speaking of which, you would think if I liked lambics I would be a fan of sour dough breads, but that is not the case...

Rick that is what the PWI thread is for

We're all proud of our local

We're all proud of our local micros, but as someone already said these recommendations and suggestions are pretty much useless except for a few BFRunners that will visit those towns for a race, vacation, or business.

I think it's pretty cool that companies like Sierra Nevada have proven that high quality fresh craft beers CAN be distributed nationaly in large quantities.

Why is it that companies as big as AB, InBev, etc. can't deliver the real thing even when they try to?

Sure, Bud American Ale is better than their flagship product, but it's nowhere near SN's pale ale in authenticity or quality.

Even Sam Adams is only a halfway measure, which reminds me....what ever happened to Pete's Wicked Ale?

And now that I'm feeling like Andy Rooney has me selected as his first authorized channel.......

Why is it that more than half of regular bars call it a pint when all they are giving you in the glass is 13-14 ounces?

I have a pint glass that has all the markings for various measures, and you'd be surprised at how many ounces are packed in for that last 3/4 inch at the top of the typical flared pint glass.

RickWL, Don't makle the rooky

RickWL, Don't makle the rooky mistake of tmts: 1 can the first night, 2 the next, and so on will serve you right.

To OP, I'm a big fan of "buy local but drink what's handy." My local environment is enriched with a place called Victory Brewery, which produces exceptional IPA and related offerings. Even closer to my home is a little brewery called Sly Fox. Between the two, I am very well provided for.

When I'm on a budget and my conscience is taking a break, I drink Trader Joe's dollar a bottle brews. They don't make a bad one.

Any day now I'm going to try taking a break from both coffee and alchohol. I've never done either seriously and both might kill me, but we'll see.

Board speaking of which can

Board speaking of which can you find beer form New Belgium Brewery out there by you? Their flagship is fat tire. There another hoppier brewery that ships all over out here. We get Sierra Nevada at Costco but it is usually their pale ale and I get a little bored of a case of it.

I still drink Sam Adams regulary, they actually have a late winter variety pack that has some good new varities, they are a lot different than there normal sweet beer selection. Coors has done a decent job with Blue moon as well. I'm not a fan of Blue Moon, but they have some new varieties that are pretty good.

My favorite is still Chimay, you can find it everywhere. Too bad it is so expensive.

We still have Pete's out here.

I think I'd like Blue Moon

I think I'd like Blue Moon without the coriander, since I do appreciate Bells Oberon.

I thought Pete's died, maybe they just don't distribute here anymore.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7