Lagers & Ales

runner_mc]
bare[/b said:
runner_mc said:
barefoot kean said:
Best beer I ever had was a Naty light!

It was imediately following an 1-1/2 hours of basketball in 95 degree weather, and the beer was ice cold!

In all seriousness, I'll drink a pale ale in the evening while hanging out, but after I get back from a hard run on a hot day, darker & hoppier beers make me sick!

If I run early on a 90 degree day and am either on vacation or having a lazy weekend I'll pop open a Select 55 well before noon.

A time and a place for everything.

Last thing I would want under those circumstances is one of my favorite evening brews....an IPA.

My personal preference is to always drink the light American mass produced lagers straight out of the can or bottle, but to pour the good stuff into a pint glass. Hate to waste the floral hop aromas on the expensive stuff just as much as I hate realizing the lack thereof on the cheap stuff.

Did anyone catch Costco selling cases of 24 Sierra Nevada Celebration for $24 this past December?

Now THAT was a steal!

I also quit buying imports in

I also quit buying imports in favor of the Crafts and Micros. Bells from right here in Michigan is one of my favorite brewers

This will be the longest

This will be the longest thread on the BFR site ever in 5...4...3...2...
beer.png

I personally prefer a

I personally prefer a strong hoppy ale after running. Light beer just tastes like beer flavored water, I like a lot of taste. This, of course, is why the Dogfish Dash 10k is my favorite race of the year, free Dogfish after the rce!

Abide wrote:Am I the only

Abide said:
Am I the only one that thinks most import beers kind of suck compared to most local micros here?

Well other than a few brewed in Belgium that aren't often replicated by US micros.
I agree 100%. The Belgium edge is starting to fade as more brewers in the US are starting to get a handle on wild ales. A good Belgium sour ale is very hard to beat but I've tasted some really good American wild ales. Really wish more brewers in the US would produce a good quality wild ale.

Longboard wrote:I also quit

Longboard said:
I also quit buying imports in favor of the Crafts and Micros. Bells from right here in Michigan is one of my favorite brewers
Bells is awesome. I used to be able to get my hands on the Oberon and the Rye Stout when I lived in DC but no such luck here in Texas.

NickW wrote:Oh I forgot about

NickW said:
Oh I forgot about Rogue's Dead Guy Ale. Actually I like a lot of Rogues beers.

Definitelly, Rogue's Dead Guy Ale is my favorite too.

Next on my list is Pilsner Urquell.

The problem with these

The problem with these discussions is it's hard to find all the recomendations. Bubba those are the exact ones I was speaking of.

Also a question for the New Yorkers, specifically Rochestertons... there seems to be a brewery there that churns out crap and packages it as a microbrew. Here it is labelled Dundee and Tap room, I've seen it in CA under a flying brothers name or something like that. Is there a major brewery making this crap? They are all so bad I refuse to buy beer that is brewed in New York anymore, and if I don't recognize the beer I always check the label to make sure it's not from Rochester.

bubba hotep wrote: Bells is

bubba hotep said:
Bells is awesome. I used to be able to get my hands on the Oberon and the Rye Stout when I lived in DC but no such luck here in Texas.

O.K. so just how good is Bells?

#1 They are no longer considered a microbrew, far too many barrels sold.

#2 Larry Bell PERSONALLY kicked out my wife and I from his Kalamazoo Biergarten for being barefoot while

listening to several local bands and sampling all he had on tap that day AND I NOT ONLY STILL DRINK THE

STUFF but I PROMOTE it here as well! And I've been a member of the SBL for almost ten years!

In all fairness, at first he and his wife said nothing about us, but when his manager started up with me he

boldly proclaimed "That's Larry Bell's wife right there, she'll tell you it's the law". Thinking I would be

successful I approached her with the health department letter which as sometimes does turned out to pi$$ her

off, and then Larry had to defend his wife's honor. Having already proccessed a few pints or so I figured better

to leave than wait for them to call local law enforcement on us. One day I'll try to get him to revisit the issue, but

with no kids at WMU anymore I never really get to KZOO these days and he lets me drink his products barefoot

at other people's bars and at home so LARRY if you've become a BFRunner and are reading this your beer is great

but your shoe policy $ucks!

tequila 

tequila

Barefoot TJ

Barefoot TJ said:

Now that the meds are gone maybe a little "booze in the blender" is just what the doctor ordered!

Jimmy himself said that " Margaritaville is anywhere you want it to be"

GA sounds about right tonight!

Hee.  Love a good mixed drink

Hee. Love a good mixed drink or a straight shot now and then, more then than now though.

If you burn 400 KCAL/Hr while

If you burn 400 KCAL/Hr while running, figure four "lites" , three regulars, or two "real" beers per hour.

If you run at a blazing 600 KCAL/Hr, you'll never make up the deficit with beer. Better hit the hot fudge/ice cream instead.

Longboard wrote:If you burn

Longboard said:
If you burn 400 KCAL/Hr while running, figure four "lites" , three regulars, or two "real" beers per hour.

If you run at a blazing 600 KCAL/Hr, you'll never make up the deficit with beer. Better hit the hot fudge/ice cream instead.

Never? Challenge accepted.

TJ - I'm a tequila girl

TJ - I'm a tequila girl too!!!
party.png

My thoughts on imports:  they

My thoughts on imports: they are good, but they not shipped and stored correctly. Who knows how long they are sitting on a cargo container and then when they arrive, they are stored on store shelves. At the closest liquor store, they are even on a shelf in the sunlight. This is probably why a fresh micro brew, even bottled, will often taste better.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test

Latest posts