Happy New Year to All!

ThomDavid

Barefooters
Sep 10, 2012
Oceanside California USA
Here's my wish to everyone here at the BRS: may your 2013 be a year of renewed enthusiasm for life, of happy improvement in your running, and of gratitude for your health and well-being. Plus may you all make so much money that you can roll around naked in it. Plus that you spare yourself the awfulness that is the movie version of "Les Miserables."

Happy New Year everybody.

Reactions: happysongbird
So far so good! Hangover was milder than expected, going for a good long run tomorrow, might visit a Buddhist temple in the mountains to get a little inspiration :)

Happy New Year!

Reactions: happysongbird
First run of the year in a few hours, hoping it will eventually add up to 1250 miles, or 2013 kilometers, while avoiding those nasty initialisms Thom refuses to speak of.
I've already been rolling naked in my penny collection, this weekend I may have to retrieve and splay my nickels.
I was going to wish a Happy New Year to everyone but now I am going to focus all my energies on getting that image out of my mind!! Thanks Lee :p

First run of the year in a few hours, hoping it will eventually add up to 1250 miles, or 2013 kilometers, while avoiding those nasty initialisms Thom refuses to speak of.
I've already been rolling naked in my penny collection, this weekend I may have to retrieve and splay my nickels.

Not reluctant, just not here quite as often as I'd like and I miss a lot.

I've been upping my long run mileage in preparation for the half-mary at the end of the month. Mornings have been cold (SoCal cold, meaning upper 40s), and running feels great. But I find that when I get back home and my feet warm up...well, that's when I realize I've done some damage to my soles. Huge, ugly blood blisters on both feet, completely unfelt while running (I know, I know...I should be checking my feet WHILE I'm running but I don't as often as I should). Then this past Sunday I stepped on something that went right into my heel but I didn't feel it at all until I got back home and warmed my feet. Something embedded itself deeply enough in my foot that I had to literally slice open my foot to dig it out. So, I hobbled for several days and nursed it the best way I could. Things are on the mend now. I ran on the treadmill (wearing Vibrams, no bare feet allowed), and it went well until I started to feel beginnings of blisters forming and I switched over to the spin bike. I'm a bit spooked by these recurring problems, which I thought would go away in the cooler weather. Clearly I have form issues. But I'm running this race, since it's the first leg of the San Diego Triple Crown. Completing that trifecta is one of the goals I set for this year, so, bull-headedness, thy name is Thom.

TD, maybe you could try something that's worked for me in transition times. That is to start my BF run carrying my VFFs and feeling at liberty to stop and put them on when I feel like it. Today, for example, I went out carrying, got 2 miles along my run at 32f, and found that the grit, satt and cold were making me miserable. With my Bikilas slipped on I happily ran another 4.5 miles and finished with warm, pain free feet.

Not reluctant, just not here quite as often as I'd like and I miss a lot.
I was trying to make a crack on RP's crack. Fail.

Initialisms are those nasty referents to runner's injuries, like MCL-sprain, ITBS, TOFP, that I dealt with last year (technically these aren't acronyms since they can't be syllabified into words without pronouncing the letters individually). Sorry to hear you're having problems with blisters. Unfortunately, 'blister' is a straight word, so my crack failed on two counts.

In any case, I hope your soles heal quickly and you're running worry-free soon! Meanwhile, I continue with your suggestion of rolling nude in my coin collections, hoping it will send some good mojo your way.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7