Happy New Year to All!

TD, maybe you could try something that's worked for me in transition times. That is to start my BF run carrying my VFFs and feeling at liberty to stop and put them on when I feel like it. Today, for example, I went out carrying, got 2 miles along my run at 32f, and found that the grit, satt and cold were making me miserable. With my Bikilas slipped on I happily ran another 4.5 miles and finished with warm, pain free feet.

Thanks, JT, but that's part of the whole frustrating thing about this: I blister when I don't wear shoes, and I blister when I DO wear shoes. For example, my feet felt OK enough to try a bit of treadmill running yesterday, so I threw on my VFFs (w/ some Injinji socks, after having first applied a nice layer of BodyGlide to the areas of my feet prone to blisters). After about 2.5 miles, I could feel that familiar "heating up" sensation that signals the onset of blisters. Contrary to my usual approach, I stopped running and switched to the spin bike, because I can't afford NEW blisters. I have to be able to bf run at least on my long run on Sunday, in prep for this race. So, while on paper (or, in my case, on screen) your suggestion is a good one, I haven't had much success with it. I neglected to mention that I have Morton's toe, as well as what is likely a bit of arthritis in the second toe of my left foot (have had this for as long as I can remember). Finally, I was told by a chiro many years ago that one of my legs is slightly longer than the other. So, my gait is most likely very subtly thrown asunder by these conditions. My focus is on reminding myself about lifting the feet and setting them down as gently as I can. That's about all I can think of since everything else form-wise seems to be okay.

/whine

I was trying to make a crack on RP's crack. Fail.

Initialisms are those nasty referents to runner's injuries, like MCL-sprain, ITBS, TOFP, that I dealt with last year (technically these aren't acronyms since they can't be syllabified into words without pronouncing the letters individually). Sorry to hear you're having problems with blisters. Unfortunately, 'blister' is a straight word, so my crack failed on two counts.

In any case, I hope your soles heal quickly and you're running worry-free soon! Meanwhile, I continue with your suggestion of rolling nude in my coin collections, hoping it will send some good mojo your way.

Initialisms threw me, until I read your explanation. I think the words you're looking for in acronymisms. It's a superior word because it is both harder to spell and pronounce.

As for the nude coin-rolling, my wish for you is a very warm winter, or maximum shrinkage, whichever works best. :)

Reactions: Bare Lee
Initialisms ...(technically these aren't acronyms since they can't be syllabified into words without pronouncing the letters individually)..

...I, for one, do so appreciate linguistic distinctions!

[/quote]Meanwhile, I continue with your suggestion of rolling nude in my coin collections...."[/quote]

...a whole new meaning to "rolled coins."

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee