Mileage Reporting 34nd Week of 2013

12km/7.5mi with 10'/2' intervals....I got attacked by a magpie, this usually happens in September-October when they nest, but not in August !

It flew a few seconds near me and then landed on my head (that would have been a funny picture !)

Luckily it did not hit me with its beak (got no protection !!!)
I didn't know people really get attacked by wild birds! Of course, my chickens "attack" me with the days grain, but that's because I'm their mama.

I didn't know people really get attacked by wild birds! Of course, my chickens "attack" me with the days grain, but that's because I'm their mama.
Well, maybe that leopard outfit will keep them at bay :D !

Magpies are very agressive during the nesting period....

And I also get chased by the swallows (even though they are just circling around me while I pass close to their nest)

Thursday morning
6 mi / 10 K
4:30 am start, the serious moonlight was obscured by clouds. Once again Garminless, but listened to my 'Thievery Corporation' station on Pandora, so not completely gadgetless by any means. Lots of acorns, so I landed with more of a forefoot, which helped, but still, I may have to bring my headlamp next time if the clouds screw up my natural lighting once again. Or not. No Magpies that I'm aware of.

Around 2 miles this morning, just tried to be easy and relaxed. Yucky warm and humid, I don't like it when the temps get over 70 and it's humid. I was a sweaty mess when done.

Had to stop when on an uphill stretch to remove some big chunks of a rotten branch that had dropped to the road overnight. Guess I could have done it on the way back, but I figured it would be more disappointing to stop gliding downhill than it would be to stop and restart on an uphill.

My wildlife sighting was limited to seeing a couple of snails likely copulating on the side of the garage.

Thursday morning
6 mi / 10 K
4:30 start, the serious moonlight was obscured by clouds. Once again Garminless, but listened to my 'Thievery Corporation' station on Pandora. Lots of acorns, so I landed with more of a forefoot, which helped, but still, I may have to bring my headlamp next time if the clouds screw up my natural lighting once again. No Magpies that I'm aware of.
Just so you know Lee that 6 miles DO NOT equal 10k BUT 6.2 miles do...just sayin':p

~1hr, 20 min swim, started w a mile interval, some kickign laps, some 100 intervals, one thigh cramp averted.
You are getting some good swimming time! I did a mini-triathlon once wherein one leg cramped up and I had to let it hang and only kick gently with the other leg. Luckily the swim was only 1/4 mile!

Reactions: Go Barefoot
Yesterdays (Tuesday) runs (All three of them) consisted of 10 plus miles including 4 miles of hill repeats. Freakin' hot for this little Canadian barefoot runner. I swear the road tar was sticking to my feet.

Finally you decide to show up-bout time! and don't start crying about the weather you baby!:p

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Just so you know Lee that 6 miles DO NOT equal 10k BUT 6.2 miles do...just sayin':p
OH, look who decides to show up. For your information smarty pants, I was GPSless, so the mileage/kilometrage was a guesstimate based on the highly fallible Google Maps. It could've just as easily have been 10K as 6mi; that extra .2 might not have been counted while I was deking out huge acorns by the Luther Seminary.

Butt seriously, how was the vacay?

My wildlife sighting was limited to seeing a couple of snails likely copulating on the side of the garage.
Lol, you should've thrown them in the pot mid-hump. In Mozambique snails are a popular menu item. I used to ingratiate myself to my father-in-law at the end of the rainy season by scooping them up on my way to village interviews and bringing them back for him to eat as an appetizer. Yummy with a damn cold Lager at the end of the day.

Attachments

• 09-05-10.jpg
    09-05-10.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 9
OH, look who decides to show up. For your information smarty pants, I was GPSless, so the mileage/kilometrage was a guesstimate based on the highly fallible Google Maps. It could've just as easily have been 10K as 6mi; that extra .2 might not have been counted while I was diking out huge acorns by the Luther Seminary.

Butt seriously, how was the vaca?

Lol, you should've thrown them in the pot mid-hump. In Mozambique snails are a popular menu item. I used to ingratiate myself to my father-in-law at the beginning of the rainy season by scooping them up on my way to village interviews and bringing them back for him to eat as an appetizer. Yummy with a damn cold Lager at the end of the day.

Sure, now we have some lame excuses:p
My vacation was absolutely terrific I had such a great time that I didn't want to comeback-seriously, but now am back to the same old, same old and have work coming out of my ears. But good things always come to an end, right?

Btw I have run about six times since my foot issue I was having when I left for my wonderful vacation.
So far all is good.

Lol, you should've thrown them in the pot mid-hump. In Mozambique snails are a popular menu item. I used to ingratiate myself to my father-in-law at the end of the rainy season by scooping them up on my way to village interviews and bringing them back for him to eat as an appetizer. Yummy with a damn cold Lager at the end of the day.

I've sometimes pondered the idea that they are pretty easy protein to nab, but I just can't quite bring myself to get past the thought of the slime. I'd probably need someone to trick me, cook them up, cut them up and serve them in an unidentifiable form.

And besides, it's just wrong, wrong to interrupt a happy couple mid-hump.

I've sometimes pondered the idea that they are pretty easy protein to nab, but I just can't quite bring myself to get past the thought of the slime. I'd probably need someone to trick me, cook them up, cut them up and serve them in an unidentifiable form.

And besides, it's just wrong, wrong to interrupt a happy couple mid-hump.
Snails are pretty tasty surprisingly.

Reactions: Bare Lee
Btw I have run about six times since my foot issue I was having when I left for my wonderful vacation. So far all is good. Good News!

Today's run 7 miles local roads...80F humid as usual. 1 mile warmup then 3 miles tempo then heat/humidy/hills slowed me down some...last mile walked a 1/4 mile to cool down then shuffled in. Total time 55 mins....feets held up no blisters a bit tingly though.

Canby? i thought you said wilsonville. hmm.

Canby? i thought you said wilsonville. hmm.
No we were looking in Wilsonville with the real hope of getting a little farther south than that even, but we weren't able to find anything in our price range that would fit our growing family (except on place that still would have been on the small side). Then one Sunday this opened up and we jumped on the opportunity and so this is where we moved. We were really hoping for something maybe Donald/Aurora area (this is where the inlaws are), but really that's like 10 minutes from here or less on the back roads so we can't complain at all. Definitely loving the slower pace here and the nicer and less rude folks. This area is more like what I grew up with in Montana.

Finally you decide to show up-bout time! and don't start crying about the weather you baby!:p

Lol, no whinning been stupid busy lately. I am trying to get back on more regularly.

You're going to love me in the wintertime when the days are windy. If there's one thing I detest more than heat and humidity, it's wind. Although I should give some credit to that one windy day where thanks to it blowing pretty steady at least 25 mph, it meant that I ran a certain uphill section of a route faster than it took me going down it on the way out. It almost felt like I floated up that hill that day. Still, overall, that wind sucked. Damn wind.

Reactions: Barefoot Dama

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7