What's your running/fitness schedule?

5'10" about 175-180, 55 years old.
Basic, hoped for schedule is:

Monday -- Yoga or stretching
Tuesday -- Run four miles downtown, usually this route: http://www.dailymile.com/routes/1024781-running-route
Wednesday -- Lift weights at gym for upper body.
Thursday -- Run four miles around my neighborhood.
Friday -- Rest day.
Saturday -- Long run of between six to nine miles.
Sunday -- Two-mile barefoot run.

ok, you guys are adding age... I'm 48 and getting younger by the minute!

5'5" and 125 (currently, I bounce between 120 and 130) and a very young 41 in May
Sunday: 5km run
Monday: 5 to 8 km run (usually on treadmill)
Tuesday: 10 km speed workout or hills / 30 min core workout
Wednesday: 1 hour core workout with PT (she kills me weekly but nice to look at while she is doing it)
Wed cont: 6 km run on treadmill backwards (trying to build up quads)
Thursday: 10 km tempo run
Friday: 5 km run (slow)
Saturday: Long Run - 16 km to 40 km

Hey Barefooting Bob, I was intrigued by your backwards running. I've been adding some variety to my running lately, and that sounds like it might be fun. Any advice for starting out? Is it something I should work up to slowly? Any things to look out for in terms of gait, foot strike, etc.? I don't use a treadmill, so it would be outside barefoot.

Hey Barefooting Bob, I was intrigued by your backwards running. I've been adding some variety to my running lately, and that sounds like it might be fun. Any advice for starting out? Is it something I should work up to slowly? Any things to look out for in terms of gait, foot strike, etc.? I don't use a treadmill, so it would be outside barefoot.
Wear a helmet.... :)

Reactions: Barefooting Bob
Bare Lee, all I can say is it is not easy on a treadmill. I only started doing that the last couple of weeks to help build up my quads for running large hills. I am from Manitoba so we don't have hills that are worth running (mainly speed bumps), and I am running 2 legs of the Canadian Death Race this summer which has 3 mountain summits. Probably would be easier outside then on a treadmill because you can go at your own speed, my first attempt on the treadmill was not good at all, almost flew off the back speed was way to fast. But you get the hang of it fairly quickly. Just take your time and feel it out, and don't forget your helmet!!!

You might get some interesting looks going backwards and barefoot too, good luck.

5' 7 1/2" and hopefully not shrinking anymore, at least yet.
~173 & 22%
i will run from 3-6x's a week about 20-25 miles.
i'll do some body weight exercises about twice a week.
no set schedule. i just run when i feel like it as long as i can so long as my feet aren't sore or i don't hurt myself.
generally bare and then huaraches when i need them.

Start a new thread on backwards running.

Has there been one started already somewhere in another forum? It's a great idea - I started a discussion about running hills backwards at 'that other place' a while ago and had a link to it in my sig line labelled 'my favorite running drill' :)

Definitely, running backwards up hills is a blast! And works out all kinds of weaknesses and imbalances.

Reactions: jldeleon
hey i tried to argue with the nurse about it and she told me tough. i'm shrinking. sucks. i thought it would be much later. much much later

Run with small, willful dog just about every day, which means 2-4 miles of Fartleks, lots of sudden stops and starts, and occasional standing around. (The dog has one bad leg - from her previous life- so we don't go very far. )

Three Forrest Yoga classes/week.
Two Pilates classes/week.

6 feet tall, 145-153lbs, 45 3/4 yo female.

about 5'8" - 5'9" ten and a half stone (1.75m 66-68kg)

My shcedule depends where I am, but my aim is 5-6 decent sessions per week.

Typically
Monday - Rest or travel
Tuesday - up to 1 hour run, row, cycle
Weds - up to 1 hour run, row, cycle
Thursday - run/row if away from home - yoga if at home
Friday - rest, or a sneaky extra session
Saturday - typically evening turbo trainer, but as the evenings brighten, I'll get on the road for an hour
Sunday - long run or ride if the weather is good - 2-3hours, or a miserabl;e row or turbo trainer session if not.

How much of each varies with short and long term targets. Bike is mainly 20-30 min intervals to get ready for the pain of a 10mile TT, running short, sharp midweek 10ks and monthly timed 5k, plus longer Maffetone HR controlled long runs at the weekend

Yep, I live just outside Ely in north Cambridgeshire in an area called the Fens, pretty much our equivaelnt of your midwest farming states; flat as a pancake, windy as hell and bceause we're on the east coast we can get lashed by Siberian winds in the winter. It used to be a seasonal wetland that was drained in the same way as the Dutch Polders.

During the week, depending on the work I have on at the time I travel quite a bit during the week.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7