What's your running/fitness schedule?

I've been running just over

I've been running just over 2.5 miles 4 to 6 times a week for about three weeks now, and I have been lifting a little bit. It's nothing that Robillard would suggest, but it is something. Basically, I do seven reps of each of the exercises she has listed above the beginner workout, then the beginner workout followed by the intermediate workout. My wife appreciates those lunges. If I stay on track with what I've planned I will be completing the whole deal with 30lbs dumbbells by finals week the third week of May. Other than that, I'm still fooling around with the 100 ups because I believe it has been positive for my hip flexors, working at a standing desk and spending plenty of time in the old caveman seat throughout the day.

At 6' 165lbs I cheated on the Paleo diet and had some French Vanilla Ice Cream for my birthday today after a huge pile of roasted veggies, a succulent filet and a salad. Happy Birthday Everyone! We're celebrating 30 of these markers!

5'3" 145 lbs., red hair,

5'3" 145 lbs., red hair, female, Aquarius, married to a man but a fan of the indoor plumbing. Lol.

My current workout schedule includes trail running once a week, 5ish miles. 2-3 days a week of pavement running, 2-3 miles. 2x week of strength training, mainly core, pelvic floor, hip flexors, abductors, adductors, etc.

I would LOVE nothing more than to add an extra day of trail running!

5' 8", ~148lbs.  Run a bunch,

5' 8", ~148lbs. Run a bunch, rest a bit. Average about 60 mpw over the last 2+ years (my commute). About half barefoot, rarely trying for speed. Mostly on roads in Manhattan, but trails when I can. X-C ski when I can, bike ride a bit, in-line skate some.

5' 11" and 225 Lbs of

5' 11" and 225 Lbs of chiseled marble.....slab creamery.

I have no set schedule anymore. I typically workout 3 days...take a day off. Repeat.

Most of my workouts are high intensity training (ala CrossFit) so it's always changing but 2 days per week I dedicate to strength training with lifts like squat, deadlift, bench press, etc.

I try to run at least 2-3 days per week (on the same days as my CF workouts, but it depends on the weather.

Finally, I always...always without fail drink beer at least two days per week.

Oh, and I'm a Gemini and I like the beach, scuba diving, microbreweries and extinguishing terrorists.

5' 9", 178lbs, 55 years, Big

5' 9", 178lbs, 55 years, Big fan of indoor plumbing! (there's nothing like a nice hot shower after a winter run!)also a happy papa, fisherman, potter, gardener, wood bowl carver and cook, all in good measure.

I'm another of the non schedule types (not to criticize you other sorts at all. My lifestyle is just a bit more spontaneously formatted.) I like to run every other day unless it's just such lovely weather I can't resist adding in another now and then. Lately I've been doing 6 to 8 miles a run and mixing trail and paved runs about 50/50,and BF / VFF often within the same loop.

Weekly I've been getting in 20 to 25 so far this year. I've been taking the Maffetone conversations in and have been trying to run LSD, and keeping my breathing and HR down, yet still trying to have fun and run as freely and keeping myself as "present" as I can.

My running tends to be guided by my racing schedule. I have a fondness for Trail Races, though I'll throw in a road race now and then for fun and as a measure of how my running skills have changed. The only new thing on my schedule so far this year is a 26.2 mile (Bob Potts Marathon, York, PA, a flat, fast out and back on a rail to trail course) race later in May, which will be my first since 1984. It shouldn't be too big a deal, though I'll need to get some longer runs in between now and then.

5'10", 185 lbs. Not a

5'10", 185 lbs. Not a plumber, hell, I dont even know how to get the damn thing wet, let alone manipulate things towards improvement... In fact I usually end up attempting to go in the drain instead of the where it's supposed to go...

As of lately I haven't been running shet! I've been stuck at work. But I should start again next week after I'm off these damned 7-12's.

I was running as many days per week as possible, usually 6 or so miles on weekdays and a 15~20 mile long run on weekends.

Now I will be alternating weeks of running 3 days, working out 2, and one weekend long run of 20+ miles with running 2 days, working out 3, and 2 weekend long runs of 20+ miles each.

I have been following the Maffetone method on all my runs, but more I think I will run by HR for my long runs (anything over 15 outside of a race), and running hard and fast on my shorter runs.

Oh, and as far as a mental image of me, imagine an ugly bald headed guy with down syndrome. Thats pretty close.

I thought my screen name,

I thought my screen name, avatar or tag line below would define me.

So, if you must ask - 5'3", 120 lbs, Scorpio.

I have been trying to average 40+ mile weeks, usually 5-6 days of running. I do mix in a few spin rides (bike) on my trainer of at least 45 minutes to an hour per week.

Shorty! It appears you have

Shorty! It appears you have gained weight! Whats happened?

Chaserwilliams wrote: Oh, and

Chaserwilliams said:
Oh, and as far as a mental image of me, imagine an ugly bald headed guy with down syndrome. Thats pretty close.

Chaser, you do have a pretty accurate self-image then don't you! J/K, if I were gay I would be jealous of your boo bee preference. I'm not, so I guess it is time to check our indoor plumbing.

Chaserwilliams wrote:Shorty!

Chaserwilliams said:
Shorty! It appears you have gained weight! Whats happened?

115-117 to 120? I must have let myself go.

Lol, you fat

Lol, you fat ass...

Alejandro, thanks... I think...?

5' 9" 143#  I run 3-4 Miles

5' 9" 143# I run 3-4 Miles BF everyday (sometimes on the dreadmill.)

I run 10 -15 miles Saturdays Mostly shod (Sacony Hatorri)

Workout 3 times a week at the YMCA circuit machines.

Does anyone know how to display the exercise ticker?

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wKARLam/exercise.png[/img]

Trying to make this exercise ticker work.

It works on another board. What am I doing wrong??

http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wKARLam/">

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wKARLam/exercise.png">

6'0" ~180lbs (ouch!)

Right now, restricting my running to 3x per week. Sunday runs are getting progressively longer, will be in the 5-6 hr range soon - training for an ultra on May22, so it's important for me to get used to the long distances and all the baggage that comes with them eg eating a drinking on the run etc...

But I'm pretty haphazard in my discipline, miss days, double-up, etc. Also, light but regular strength work to keep things tippy-toppy. Also, routine visits to the sauna/spa, one of the perks of living in Europe :)

Reactions: Photodad

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7