What does your screen name mean?

Reactions: paulbeales
It means Leonardo da Vinci.
He usually used "mirror writing", starting at the right side of the page and moving to the left.
Only when he was writing something intended for other people did he write in the normal direction.
I use is name because he was the autor of the frase "
The human foot is a masterpiece of engineering and a work of art."

He was, indeed, a visionary!

From the song of course!

Everybody get on your feet, you make me nervous when you in your seat
Take off your shoes and throw them away, come back and get them some other day
Barefootin', barefootin', barefootin', barefootin'
Went to a party the other night, Long Tall Sally was out of sight
Threw way her wig, and her high heels too, she was doin a dance without any shoes
She's barefootin', she barefootin', barefootin', barefootin'
Hey little gal with the red dress on, I bet you can barefoot all night long
Take off your shoes and and tap your feet, we're doin a dance that can't be beat
We're barefootin', we're barefootin', barefootin', barefootin'
Lil John Henry told Peggy Sue, if I barefoot would you barefoot too
Sue told John, "I'll take you to school, I been barefootin since I was two
Barefootin', barefootin', barefootin'', barefootin'
So everybody get on your feet, you make me nervous when you're in your seat
Take off your shoes and throw them away, come back and get them some other day
We're barefootin', we barefootin', barefootin', barefootin'

print correct
7fe24b05f07daba8f10c77792a146428.png
Play Music
c56e288db2ce297a23bc2b80627143d8.png

Read more: Jerry Jeff Walker - Barefootin' Lyrics | MetroLyrics

The origin of my screen name is no trivial. When I first started using the internet back inn 1998, I joined a forum about cars. There, many people used car-related screen names, like 4stroke, V8champ, injector, etc... So I came with my "karburator" nickname. After a while, I started signing my posts as KTR, and I've used that nickname around ever since with a few variants, like KTR_, KTRisnot, Kayteear...

My real name is Germán, which is Spanish for Herman.

Up until recently (I've moved) I worked in lower Manhattan. I ran BF on the streets and boardwalks and bridges there for over 5 years. My favorite run was from my gym at the foot of Broadway, up Broadway, over the Brooklyn Bridge, then over to the Manhattan Bridge, over the MB to Manhattan, and back down Broadway. About 6 miles of great scenery, funny looks, and two good hills.

For short I called it my BBBBMBMB Run. (Broadway, Brooklyn Bridge to Brooklyn, Manhattan Bridge to Manhattan, Broadway)

For a while I also had a blog called Downtown Runner, long since abandoned. Maybe someday I get back to it.

HikerDana - my first passion and my first name. I've hiked the entire Ozark Highland Trail (160 miles) around 1995, the Appalachian Trail (2162 miles) in 1997-1998, the Pacific Crest Trail (2650 miles) in 1999 and the Vermont Trail (272 miles) in 2000. Only stopped the crazy hiking cause I now have a kid. I wore boots for most of the hiking though sandals for a bit of the PCT. If only done a little bit of barefoot hiking, usually when he trail was soft, though my feet would get sore quickly and the boots back on. Now I would like to try barefoot hiking, so I'm working on building my feet up for that purpose.

HikerDana - my first passion and my first name. I've hiked the entire Ozark Highland Trail (160 miles) around 1995, the Appalachian Trail (2162 miles) in 1997-1998, the Pacific Crest Trail (2650 miles) in 1999 and the Vermont Trail (272 miles) in 2000. Only stopped the crazy hiking cause I now have a kid. I wore boots for most of the hiking though sandals for a bit of the PCT. If only done a little bit of barefoot hiking, usually when he trail was soft, though my feet would get sore quickly and the boots back on. Now I would like to try barefoot hiking, so I'm working on building my feet up for that purpose.
Incredible memories for you, I'm sure. Please feel free to post in our Barefoot & Minimalist Hiking forum too. Welcome!

mine is very explicit lol, as soon as i discover (thanks to internet) that modern shoes deforms feet (which was obvious though) i started developing a hate for narrow toe box shoes, it's very stupid is like making a glove that is against human hand anatomy so deforms the fingers
Amen! I've always hated those narrow toe boxes.

My name came from my daughter. Several years ago, I wanted a name for a forum I was joining and didn't want to use my real name. I asked her for a suggestion. She said, "Just use a random phrase," so I did (A Random Phrase). More recently, I have shortened it to Random.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ
Tyler J L because my middle and last names start with J and L. My avatar is of me when I started barefooting back in college. A friend of mine and I were taking pictures of our bare feet and we got pictures of the tops and bottoms of our feet as well as showing our faces with the soles of our feet.

Reactions: Barefoot TJ

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo9090