What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

Picked up a six pack of Mendocino White Hawk Select IPA while I was in CA. Excellent, near the top of my IPA list now. How were the other brews?

Like Tristan said the eye of the hawk is real good, kind of similar to Sam Adams Boston Lager but better and stronger. The red tail is similar. The Pale ale is surprisingly good for a pale ale, a little sweeter than I am used to. The Oatmeal Stout was pretty good for a stout, I'm not a huge fan of them but I did enjoy them.

Like Tristan said the eye of the hawk is real good, kind of similar to Sam Adams Boston Lager but better and stronger. The red tail is similar. The Pale ale is surprisingly good for a pale ale, a little sweeter than I am used to. The Oatmeal Stout was pretty good for a stout, I'm not a huge fan of them but I did enjoy them.

Gonna look for the stout.

24650_507342669308432_265724173_n.jpg

Reactions: Bare Lee
Real Ale brewing co Brewers Cut Dry-Hopped Porter. A very hoppy porter with a smokey taste. Very good. I've quit drinking on work nights so its been all week. My bms were much more pleasant. Anyhow, good beer.

I stopped an got a bottle of Sam Smith's best ale, its organic, but not very good. Should have just stuck with the PBR or a Sam Smiths oatmeal stout those are real good.

Reactions: NickW
Reactions: inakilt
Reactions: inakilt
Real Ale brewing co Brewers Cut Dry-Hopped Porter. A very hoppy porter with a smokey taste. Very good. I've quit drinking on work nights so its been all week. My bms were much more pleasant. Anyhow, good beer.

Since I've been on a normal mon-fri I've been cutting down the midweek beers as well. Well sometimes, since I usually just have one. More often though 1 glass of wine is all I have with my midweek dinners.

Friday night was pizza night! Had some left over over my whole wheat dough from last week and sauce. But to stretch out the dough that was for two personal sized crusts I combined and rolled it out really thin and made a large thincrust ~14" on the stone. Turned out really good. My beer selection needs restocking though, should have had a nice lager with it but didnt have anything other than strong beers, had my last SN Ruthless Rye.

Yesterday we were cleaning the house and putting Christmas decorations away. Our Elf on the Shelf reminded me about one last Christmas beer I had...

Troegs Mad Elf Ale. That 11 percenter had me counting sheep and not posting until the morning. ;) It was a bit too rich for me though, I think it was the cherries. Anyhow I just love Christmas ales, can't wait until next year. I think my favorite this year was Southern Tier 2XMAS, closely followed by Great Lakes and Thirsty Dog.

Reactions: Abide
Was at Trader Joes today and picked up a sixer of Stockyard Oatmeal Stout. It's ok, but definitely not close to my favorite oatmeal stouts. I also got a sixer of Mission St. Blonde Ale. I have a feeling that won't be very good, but I was looking for a lighter lower calorie beer, and at 132 calories it definitely is not as high as some of my more favorite beers.

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hadashi jon