What beer are you drinking tonight? For the new forum...

It sux that nobody here knows any of the great beers I drink! I buy mixed cases at a little beverage shop down the road. Just finished one of my favorites: Nankendorfer Landbier from the Schroll brewery...

Reactions: NickW
Back home this evening, trying to wind down a bit and relax my sore back. Saw a few singles I've not had when I was at the store last, one being this Founders Pale Ale. I usually prefer IPAs over PAs to where PAs seem weak and watery often... this one though I really like. Very flavorful for a PA. I'd definitely pick up a pack of these when I see em again.

ec1af346-f8da-42bb-bf7a-84efcfca98b2_zpsa7ff5a9b.jpg

Back home this evening, trying to wind down a bit and relax my sore back. Saw a few singles I've not had when I was at the store last, one being this Founders Pale Ale. I usually prefer IPAs over PAs to where PAs seem weak and watery often... this one though I really like. Very flavorful for a PA. I'd definitely pick up a pack of these when I see em again.

ec1af346-f8da-42bb-bf7a-84efcfca98b2_zpsa7ff5a9b.jpg
Fond of most of the founders stuff, worth trying.

Well, my physical therapy dude talked me into trying the Omission beer, and while I was skeptical about trying it after having tried the red bridge beer (gluten free beer that is nastay!) I decided to try this. This is far and away the best gluten free beer I have ever tried. And yes, it is made here in Oregon. :smug:

Tonight I got myself a special treat. It's Deschutes Breweries Hop Henge Experimental IPA. I really think I like this, a lot! It's pretty strong at 10.6% so don't plan on driving anywhere after drinking one of these. I really like beers that are pretty high on the IBU ratings and this one is a 95. I believe this is in the class of the Imperial IPA which is one of my favorite styles of beer and this one is really high up there on my favorites list I'm now thinking. Nice to sit and relax with a really good beer after a long day of remodeling the house and then a long night of class. Well, I was hoping to add a picture but I am having issues with my phone and it doesn't seem to want to download so you'll just have to take my word for it.

Oh, and I also just found out the other day that we have the most microbreweries in the world! How fantastic is that? I just found out that there is one called Uptown just by my house. Gotta go and try them now! I love being able to try a new beer nearly every day and still have plenty of new beers to choose from. This place is going to make me an alcoholic! :woot:

Had a great beer night last night, Dillon Dam Yo Han Bock with dinner, it is very good. Then took a trip to the world's best liquor store across the street and found a 4 pack of Ommegang Abbey Ale. They have the best beer selection available anywhere. So if you are in the Summit County area in Colorado stop over in Silverthorne and definitely make plans to go to both. The Dillon Dam brewery has a great happy hour too.

Had a great beer night last night, Dillon Dam Yo Han Bock with dinner, it is very good. Then took a trip to the world's best liquor store across the street and found a 4 pack of Ommegang Abbey Ale. They have the best beer selection available anywhere. So if you are in the Summit County area in Colorado stop over in Silverthorne and definitely make plans to go to both. The Dillon Dam brewery has a great happy hour too.

A few days ago I noticed that my local Kroger carries Ommegang. Was gonna ask about it here. Looks like I don't have to. Thanks for the recommendation.

View attachment 1633
Here is the picture of the beer I referred to above. Dang it's good!
Why must you taunt me with these awesome sounding IPAs! lol I'll probably never come across it around here. I'll be on the lookout though. I love sitting down with a strong one by the fire when I have nothing left to do but soak up the heat and fall asleep. (I know I just contradicted my post just a few days ago with a 5 percenter next to my wood stove)

Reactions: NickW
Drinking a Lagunitas Hop Stoopid Ale. Pretty good at 102 IBU and 8% alcohol. It's no Hop Henge from last night, but it's pretty good. (not sure if you get these out there Tristan, but if you don't, naner naner!) :D
IMG_4112 (600x800).jpg

Reactions: Tristan-OH
A few days ago I noticed that my local Kroger carries Ommegang. Was gonna ask about it here. Looks like I don't have to. Thanks for the recommendation.

The only one I have tried is the Abbey Ale which is a very good trappist style ale. I'm sure the rest of their line up is good.

Tested out a dogfish 60min, rogue dead guy and an Avery Reverend last night. The 60 minute was nice and refreshing a little on the light side, the reverend was sweet not as good as the abbey ale but still holds it own. The Rogue was kind of bland, not bad but not special either. The Yo Han Bock from the dam brewery was much better.

The Rogue was kind of bland, not bad but not special either. The Yo Han Bock from the dam brewery was much better.
Guess not all Oregon beers are stellar. ;) I agree though, it is not bad but not top shelf either. I actually used to occasionally get free beer from Rogue because I worked for the company that printed their bottles.

We do, and they are goooooood. :p
Hannah, if you think the Hop Stoopid is good you HAVE to try the Hop Henge if you ever come across it. I think I am going to try to find the Hop Henge this afternoon when I go to the store. Hopefully this store I'm going to carries it. I guess if they don't it just gives me an excuse to try something else that is new to me. :D

Well, I know I'm drinking a lot lately, but kinda with good reason. Buddy of mine is not doing well and it's just a matter of time now till he joins our maker. Anyhow, drinking Dogfish Head 90 minute Imperial IPA. It's not too bad for Delaware beer ;) . Now having a Dogfish Head Burton Baton which is an oak-aged Imperial IPA and it is fantastic! I really like this particular beer a lot.

I had a week in Belgium in early Feb, that was good:).

Apart from several very good trappist beers and others, I tried one that had been voted the best beer in the world at an international show. Made in limited quantities and you had to go to the monastery to buy it direct, so we were surprised to find a bar with three cases of it.

It's called Westvleteren 12, and it's just over 10% abv.

I bought a few others home as well, but they're gone now:(