Weekly Mileage 9th week of 2012

6.5 miles for me at noon.
Hey Doomed, what are you doing eating taco bell crap? Taco bell does not use real meat you know?
I think what's making you fart is the so call "meat" taco bell uses...:eek:

2 miles of alternating between knee deep snow and Bambi on ice. Not pretty. My lower legs are toast because of it, I'll do the rest of this week's running on the treadmill unless it stays warm and everything turns to slush.

Dama- I was not eating it for the quality of meat. I tell you what though, I love taco bell. I always pay for it, but I love it.

Ran about 4 -4 1/2 miles last night with paragnek, migangelo, lomad, jason robillard, and a couple others whom I forget their names (the guy who makes branca sandals, and another recent convert to barefoot and minimalist). Had a great time having a couple beers afterwards with Mike and Jason too.

Hey Doomed, I was going to ask how your ITBS is going? You are putting up some fast times. I have noticed that faster running and shorter distances = no knee pain, but I warm up and stretch first. Roll and Ice after.

Wednesday - 6 miles
Thursday - 0 I had to sit in farm meetings all day with shoes on. Funny, I won a Wrangler boot bag in the drawing.

I'm 100% Vff bikila, its winter here and I only started running in november. My adidas trails were killing me so i got my Bikilas on new years eve.

This week:
Sunday 22k
Wednesday 10k
Tuesday 4k tempo (never again btw)
friday 21k

I really didn't like tempo running, I just like to run. the longer the better. I'd rather run for hours then sprint for 20 minutes.

Feb total was 181k

How are we defining minimalist? Because so far this year, I've run 79.96 miles in my old Kinvara 2's; 69.29 miles in my Hattoris, and two miles barefoot. That adds up to 149.25 miles in shoes, and two without.

Another 2.5 today on the treadmill. It was going to be a long run but after the icy mess of my last run my shins of all things told me no dice. Total for the week: 20 miles.

4 miles of a planned 20. ITBS started barely twinging and I called it. And blogged here: http://doomedrunner.blogspot.com/2012/03/itbs-update-empire-strikes-back.html but I also think there may be something to my worst runs with the ITBS has been early runs. Maybe I should walk a mile or something first. I don't know. But did a bunch of circuit training... gonna not run for a week.

I'm 100% Vff bikila, its winter here and I only started running in november. My adidas trails were killing me so i got my Bikilas on new years eve.

This week:
Sunday 22k
Wednesday 10k
Tuesday 4k tempo (never again btw)
friday 21k

I really didn't like tempo running, I just like to run. the longer the better. I'd rather run for hours then sprint for 20 minutes.

Feb total was 181k

Hey PhotoDad,
Glad you joined BRS. I'm in Ottawa. The Canadian Chapter has a couple members in the Halifax area. Still a long way from Moncton. I just wanted to express a concern about your mileage. You started running in November and you're doing 180km per month within 3 months! My concern is that you may be doing TMTS (too much too soon), particularly if you were a heal first shod runner. TMTS can lead to stress fractures. Running in minimalist shoes can be misleading, as you are insulated from the feedback that barefoot running provides. I just wanted to voice my concern. I know other runners (ie VanessaRuns) that have been able to increase mileage without injury. Best of luck.

Spring is just around the corner.

Hey PhotoDad,
Glad you joined BRS. I'm in Ottawa. The Canadian Chapter has a couple members in the Halifax area. Still a long way from Moncton. I just wanted to express a concern about your mileage. You started running in November and you're doing 180km per month within 3 months! My concern is that you may be doing TMTS (too much too soon), particularly if you were a heal first shod runner. TMTS can lead to stress fractures. Running in minimalist shoes can be misleading, as you are insulated from the feedback that barefoot running provides. I just wanted to voice my concern. I know other runners (ie VanessaRuns) that have been able to increase mileage without injury. Best of luck.

Spring is just around the corner.

Started out following the Couch to 5k app on my iPhone started late october, then totaled km for november was 55km, december was 90, January was 120, February was 181.... I would be more worried if i wasn't running slower then molasses. My 1/2 marathon runs are 2:24-2:30 when i do them. I only have issues if i try to do something stupid like a tempo run or speedwork. Which i have decided to put of until at least a year under my belt.

And your probably not gonna like this part either... over 1/2 those miles were trail running :)

Monday - 2 miles in SealSkinz waterproof socks (my only non-barefoot mileage in over a year)
Tuesday - 3.5 miles + rock wall climbing
Wednesday - Rest
Thursday - 2.5 beautiful, amazing miles in sunny 74° F weather! Wish I had more time but I was out on my lunch break.
Friday - managed to get in a short 1 mile walk between meetings at work
Saturday - 2.5 miles
Sunday - 2miles + rock wall climbing
=======
13.5 total miles (walk/run) for the week

Peace,
Karen

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members