Weekly Mileage 9th week of 2012

... And your probably not gonna like this part either... over 1/2 those miles were trail running :)

Actually, I believe that trail running is better for the body than roads. Hitting the trails is the best way to increase overall strength and stability. It reduces the likelihood of repetitive stress injuries.

Actually, I believe that trail running is better for the body than roads. Hitting the trails is the best way to increase overall strength and stability. It reduces the likelihood of repetitive stress injuries.

Up until resently it was almost all trail running either fire road or single track. couple of all 11k single track trail runs. I do find on long trail runs the more tired you get the easier it is to roll a ankle or "tweek" a knee, so i would slow down and be careful with my steps.

Last Tuesday - 2 miles but mostly walking. It was after lunch so running made me feel pretty nasty. Wednesday and Thursday I was busy. Friday I went out and started Week 2 of my E25K app. Woohoo I actually did it! The 60 and 90 second runs on the 3rd set were pretty tough for me, though. But total I ran for 9m 45s, where before the most I had run was 5 to 6 minutes.

Reactions: Photodad

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wleffert-test