The OFFICIAL 2010 BRS HALLOWEEN CONTEST thread -- Game on!

Ram, I think anyone wearing a

Ram, I think anyone wearing a BRS shirt should get full points for a costume, just MHO. I am copying your picture to our BRS Top Model Thread. You have your model pose going on there. Looks like you are deep in thought. Ha!

Glen Raines of San Diego runs

bilde

Glen Raines of San Diego runs barefoot in his “Wildman” Halloween costume

That's hysterical, Glen! Look at that asphalt! Man that must have felt like butter...NOT! How was the surface under your feet? How would that have felt to a newbie? What was the temps that morning?! The one girl they showed was all covered up like she was freezing? Were you cold too?

Jason, Jason, Jason.  Tisk,

Jason, Jason, Jason. Tisk, tisk, tisk. I am shaking my head. I just don't know what we are going to do with you. Anybody? Anybody at all? Yes, we must forget about civility and continue on with the task at hand, that all important PR. Oh the poor women and children in the crowd. How they must have shrieked! I would say, Chris's suggestion is a good one.

(No subject)

Go Betty Go, Go Betty Go! 

Go Betty Go, Go Betty Go! You Bedrocked it, girl!

I think this year's

I think this year's competition is so much better than last years. It seems like more of you are acutally getting out there and running in costumes. I wish I could. :-( :cry:

That's funny TJ,

That's funny TJ, thanks!

Actually I was speaking into my wrist mic to the agents on course. I work for the Government on weekends making sure there aren't any bandits in local races.

I'm glad I could make you

I'm glad I could make you laugh for a change. How'd you like the shirt, the fit, the feel?

I this place! 

I ♥ this place! You're all so great.

Glen -- Wow! Sweet costume! Ram, nice job on the 5K! Yes, we do need to add bonus points next year for sporting BRS logo. SillyC -- nice Betty costume and great picture!

In lieu of running the Monster Dash 5K, the kids and I went out for a 2 mile run/walk (OK, mostly walk -- but I'm counting it all since it was with the kids) on the local running trails in costume.

77148_1720413414699_1369226796_31870709_5877242_n.jpg

After taking the kids home, I took off the witch costume (the hat just wasn't working during the running portions), put on some running clothes and went out for another 5K on my own.

Total so far = 22

5 drinks (+5)

2 miles, barefoot, in costume (+6)

3 miles, barefoot (+6)

picture evidence (+5)

Peace,

Karen

I'm at 26 points so far, qnd

I'm at 26 points so far, qnd just getting started! (Actually I'm just about to take a nap.)

4 liqiud points yesterday

20 points for a 10 mile trail race in minny shoes this morning (1:28:20, thank you very much!)

2 liquid points this PM.

Posting pics from my fan club is beyond me at this moment, but I'll be trick or treating with the girls in costume and BF this evening, so look out!

WhooHooBoo!

I love that your daughter is

I love that your daughter is barefoot running with you. I say count it all, race or not! And who can go wrong with a little ghost costume? So ADORABLE!

Happy Halloween Everyone! The

Happy Halloween Everyone! The costumes are terrific all of you and great job on the races.

What did your shirt say Zap that you thought you'd get censored out?

Jealous we didn't have any local races, but I went out this a.m. for 2.6 mile BF- I think that's 5 points.

Halloween party last night- 10 points. My constume was basically BF= green tights that now have big holes in them from walking around. Feet froze until the drinks kicked in? Yeah, there's 5 more points. Picture proof is forthcoming.

I think I'm up to 20 points and I'm hosting a costume party tonight at my house...

Who said we're a bunch of drinkers here? HAHA Isn't there a so-called drinking club around So. Cal. that happens to run too?

OK. So here's my score so far

OK. So here's my score so far (and my pic)

Ran the Merrell Down & Dirty Race this morning. My first minimalist 5k! Yay! - 4 pts

I didn't really have a costume (just a feather boa wrapped around my waist), but I got nice and muddy AND have photographic evidence - 5 pts

The pic after the race includes my first beer for evidence - 6 pts

My previous party/costume/drinking points -15 pts

So I guess that's a total of 30 pts.

It was a great race! Had little issues. I'm still finding mud in places I had no idea it would be found!
mud_ZAPsml.jpg

zapsVFFsPostraceSML.jpg

Awesome, stuff, Zap.  Sounds

Awesome, stuff, Zap. Sounds like a terrific time. What was the temperature?

It was probably around 60-65

It was probably around 60-65 when we finished the race. Turned out to be a beautiful day. Its about 70 right now. Awesome day!

I was wondering if all the

I was wondering if all the wet and mud was cold.

I ended up a little warm

I ended up a little warm during the race. It was a hilly trail run. It was warm enough that the cold mud wasn't as much of an issue as I thought it might be. We also had a water run in the lake, which was up to my shoulders at one point and that wasn't so bad either. It was actually a little refreshing.

Support Your Club

Natural Running Center

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7