The OFFICIAL 2010 BRS HALLOWEEN CONTEST thread -- Game on!

You better start thinking of

You better start thinking of a costume quick, Ram. I'm sure you can come up with a good one. And don't forget the camera.

What about dressing like a

What about dressing like a barefoot runner? There were only 2 of us out of 4709+ runners. I mean, there were more Dorothys (Wizard of Oz) than there were bfrs. See, in any other place this would work as a costume. But alas, I fear the costume gods are about to slam me back down to the pavement of reality...

But what does a barefoot

But what does a barefoot runner look like, other than having bare feet?

Exactly my point. Simple, yet

Exactly my point. Simple, yet effective. Sure, I could have chosen the Dorothy outfit myself, but I think I'm, ummm, to tall. Yeah, that's it. Too tall. So I opted for the more "minimal" outfit and went dressed up as a barefoot runner. And based on the # of people that couldn't seem to get their heads around the fact that I was running 9.3 miles bf, I believe it was a fairly effective costume. ;-)

Barefoot TJ wrote:But what

Barefoot TJ said:
But what does a barefoot runner look like, other than having bare feet?

Apparently, he wears a kilt. ;)

For those of you "ballsey

For those of you "ballsey enough" to wear a kilt, here is some artwork for you (courtesy of Zap). Just be sure to have your tattoo artist tattoo it on your butt, so we can see it when your skirt flys up. Talk about changing the running world one odd look at a time! Ha! Hee.

33 points so far... It got

tramroadChallenge.jpg

33 points so far... It got pretty crazy this morning at the Tram Road Challenge, the toughest 6K in the world. Wind blew pretty fiercely ('HELLO! Palm Springs?!') Not exactly ideal for loincloths, but the women chased after me LOL, except for a couple stoic ones who were horrified. I became everybody's friend. Honks from hollers from 3 school buses, one that even stopped to take pictures, cops on the road and security @ the tram station kept a watchful eye on me, and a reporter interviewed me for the Desert Sun newspaper. I felt like a celebrity :)

OMGawd! 

OMGawd! :shock:

Just teasing!  That's so

Just teasing! That's so cool! Like the bone around your neck!

I want to see that news

I want to see that news article when it comes out too!

Glen - Love the

Glen - Love the hunched-over-not-quite-upright neolithic pose you got goin' on there! And I think that chick is checking out your ass Hahaha!!

Glen, that's awesome!Ok, the

Glen, that's awesome!

Ok, the kilt malfunction. I was carrying a sword in my right hand. With about 400 meters left, I turned a corner into a stiff wind. The kilt rotated slightly so my leg was creeping out of the fold where it comes together (like a slit). My kick, combined with a timely gust of wind, blew the front of the kilt up. I was about 50 yards from a group of people that saw everything. I think a lady may have taken a picture. The matter was made worse by my inability to immediately correct the situation without stopping (I was on a PR pace) and the damn sword. I think I wrestled it back down by the time I turned the final corner to the finish... there was a significantly larger crowd there.

What I learned: velcro or safety pin the kilt at the bottom of the slit. Oh, and don't carry a sword for a 5k.

I've wondered more than a few

I've wondered more than a few times what the appropriate outfit would be while barefoot running, but the kilt thing just never seemed to be the right answer for me. I've stuck with my nylon fishing shorts so far, but when Glen starts marketing the loin cloths through the BRS, count me in!

Up to 42 points. Did a 5k

Up to 42 points. Did a 5k this morning, no costume. But I did wear my BRS shirt, next year we should give points for that! pic evidence below and I just cracked brew #2!

I didn't have a camera so I made sure I lined up in front so I got in the starting line pic...worked!!

Ended up with about 22:05.

seawitch.jpg

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7