Sick???

No comment, just a quote:

"The spleen is the Yin acting like the store manager ensuring that body maintains sufficient necessary resources. The spleen supplies the nourishment we need to sustain our bodies. The primary function of the spleen is to convert our food in to Ki and to transmit nutrients to the body's vital organs.

A healthy functioning spleen ensures a good memory and an ability to reason clearly. A weak or damaged spleen can manifest itself by muddled thinking and lack of clarity of thought. Physically a weakened spleen can mean poor digestion, inordinate menstrual bleeding, and fluid retention."

Seriously though, get well soon! I had this in college. It takes a while to get back on your feet, so go easy and rest, rest, rest.

I missed this some how. YES - this explains why my memory and reasoning abilities have been shot to crap. It sucks. Thanks for the well wishes.

Reactions: Bare Lee
I did a 180 degree spin on Wildwood last year. I just thought you all would be glad to know this. It is during rainy season that my muscles reach their peak of strength due to having to keep my balance on the mud/water. It took me probably a good 2-3 weeks to "master" running on that stuff. I am hoping that my psysio-neurological memory will kick in quickly this year. When it starts to dry out, I have to learn to run all over again, because it is a completely different way of moving.

I'm note even sure what a spleen does or what one looks like. I think I'll trust your enthusiastic sense of protectiveness toward yours. It sounds like a good tendency.

I'll start doing "Jen sets" of trail runs for you and send you the vibes. Anybody else?

I will run some trail runs this weekend in your honor Jen, been raining here lots lately so the trails should look very Orgeon like by the weekend. Should be fun.

I was an only child on a farm raised by a stay-at-home mom so my exposure to other kids was not typical, so it does not really surprise me that I'm almost 40 years old and getting mono for the first time. I also did not get chickenpox until I was 16!
Get well soon!
Yeah at college everyone got mono except me, I just wasn't kissing enough I assumed.
Chicken Pox at 16? A late bloomer I suppose.
NOBODY believed me that my sister had it as a pre-schooler while I never did despite sharing the same household.
The CHIEF of infectious diseases at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor later explained to me that I had obviously been exposed and become immune while never displaying the symptoms, which sounded good enough to me...........until at age FORTY I got Chicken Pox from my own kids!
Orthotics, really must have had a sub-clinical case of the virus.....it's all about the same kind of guesses.

Get well soon!
Yeah at college everyone got mono except me, I just wasn't kissing enough I assumed.
Chicken Pox at 16? A late bloomer I suppose.
NOBODY believed me that my sister had it as a pre-schooler while I never did despite sharing the same household.
The CHIEF of infectious diseases at the University of Michigan Hospital in Ann Arbor later explained to me that I had obviously been exposed and become immune while never displaying the symptoms, which sounded good enough to me...........until at age FORTY I got Chicken Pox from my own kids!
Orthotics, really must have had a sub-clinical case of the virus.....it's all about the same kind of guesses.

I have also known people who have had the chickenpox more than once. Apparently, if you are not exposed to the virus consistently throughout your life, the antibodies you have (from having it either with or without symptoms) will go away. So, were you a hermit for awhile? :)

I have also known people who have had the chickenpox more than once. Apparently, if you are not exposed to the virus consistently throughout your life, the antibodies you have (from having it either with or without symptoms) will go away. ?
Too bad it's not that easy.
When the virus presents for a return engagment it's Shingles (Herpes Zoster)

Too bad it's not that easy.
When the virus presents for a return engagment it's Shingles (Herpes Zoster)

Thank goodness they have a vaccine for shingles now - but you can't get it until you are 60.

Reactions: jldeleon
You can get it RP, you just got to PAY for it since most plans won't COVER it til your 60.
A pirate looks at 40 was cool, at 50 it was a good read, wonder why Jimmy never did a 60? I mean he could have incorporated the shingles vaccine and all.

You can get it RP, you just got to PAY for it since most plans won't COVER it til your 60.
A pirate looks at 40 was cool, at 50 it was a good read, wonder why Jimmy never did a 60? I mean he could have incorporated the shingles vaccine and all.

That he could have, but I think when compared to stories of him stacking up his plane, getting shot at by the Jamaican National Guard while in his other plane, sailing all the hell all over the place, owning a chain of restaurants that are little more than TGI Fridays with conch fritters and different motif and generally having more money than God, the possibility of getting shingles sort of pales in comparison. He did write about his knee problems in the book, so he is at least admitting to growing older (but not up...) :D

Everybody's seen the Albatross bullet holes and all now on static display in Orlando, but I actually saw the damaged Widgeon being restored while nearing it's completion. I believe it's currently in the hands of an owner/pilot.
I'll still drink an occasional Landshark despite knowing it's really brewed by AB, but can't claim to have ever eaten a cheesburger in paradise more than once.

Actually they won't give it to you PERIOD, whether you pay out of your pocket or not - at least I have asked. Of course maybe that's the problem, I asked and didn't DEMAND (like I usually have to do when dealing with healthcare practitioners). I think they must have a limited number of vaccines and want to save them for those most at risk.

My physician offered it to me before I turned 59, I declined because I was in the midst of fighting off other health problems.

I stayed up EIGHT hours today! That is the longest I've stayed up in SEVENTEEN days! My horrible sore throat is almost better - it was just as bad as strep feels. Ugh.

Reactions: NickW and Bare Lee

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7