Nervous for first barefoot 5k

OdiarAmor

Chapter Presidents
Nov 20, 2011
Tennessee
My first barefoot 5k is this upcoming Saturday and I'm really quite nervous. I realized yesterday that I don't have a "backup"plan because my only pair of shod running shoes no longer fit...

I just keep reminding myself that this is doable and that I've done this length before. It doesn't help that the weather here has been crazy and I haven't run in...... I dunno how long.

Okay. I feel better now. :oops:

Pre-race jitters are completely normal especially this been your first race.
Heck, I still get them myself.
Relax and go have fun! you'll do great!
Good luck!

Reactions: happysongbird
You'll do just fine OdiarAmor. I was worried my first 5k, then my first 15k. It's normal to be nervous but my bet is that you will do just fine. Enjoy the atmosphere and have fun with it and don't worry about speed. Just get this first 5k under your belt and then you have a bar set for next time if you're into competing with yourself.

Just wanted to wish you the best. I hope you have fun! Be sure to let us know how it goes.

HAVE FUN!
Allow yourself whatever you need to calm down. I make bargains with myself (it's ok to take walk breaks, it's ok to...... etc. so that I don't put any additional pressure on myself----just being in a crowd is enough to make my adrenaline go).
Also, not sure what part of the country you are in, but if you are worried about temps maybe even a pair of old socks might help your feet warm up in a pinch, as long as it's dry?
But yeah, as far as distance, 5k isn't far if you take it really easy, even if you haven't been running much. You'll be fine.
Enjoy!

Thanks everyone. The weather is supposed to be nice but it is unpredictable at times here in Tennessee. My plan is to bring a red pair of socks in case I need them.

Reactions: scedastic
Don't be nervous, Lauren. :barefoot: Once you hear the gun go off, you'll forget all about your nerves. You'll have so much fun. And if you need a backup, just bring along a thick pair of socks. Have fun!

And I want a race report and pictures for the home page! And since you don't have your own blog elsewhere, you can create one here (for free) at the BRS and share it with us there too.

Not to mention her signature... Okay, I'll mention it! *~* Lauren *~*

And I want a race report and pictures for the home page! And since you don't have your own blog elsewhere, you can create one here (for free) at the BRS and share it with us there too.

I will have to remember to bring my phone or camera and take lots of pictures.

BFWillie, can't you tell she's a she just by her socks - the ones in her avatar that she'll wear as backups if they're needed, which they probably won't be as she'll be smiling so much she won't even realize the race is over. Corre bien, amiga!

Silly boys! This is a Cupid Run... I have a pair of red ski socks that I will use for my backup socks. They match my red and white tutu. ;) :p

Reactions: BFwillie_g
Bless you! I'm 29. Reading glasses help when I'm reading for long periods of time. They are actually a little too strong. +.50 or +.75 would be perfect. I had a pair of prescription glasses for reading in high school and college but accidentally flushed them...

Support Your Club

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raramuri7